UNMH ACC - Facilities - Ambulatory Elevator Refurbishment (4,5,6)
UNMH 1209 University Pharmacy Renovation Including Coumadin Clinic
12/16/2019 2:00 PM MST
1/27/2020 2:00 PM MST
Request for Proposal
Sealed Until 1/27/2020 2:00 PM MST
Kelli De Angelis Craig
Phone +1 505-272-2575
Services, Construction - PPD
Services, Construction - Facilities Planning
Services, Maintenance - Building
Services, Maintenance - Grounds/Industrial
Building - Original Construction
13 January 2020
The University of New Mexico Hospital (UNMH) is soliciting proposals from elevator installation companies.
The purchase of materials and/or services awarded under this Request will be subject to the Terms and Conditions as well as all statements
Proposal. New Mexico criminal law prohibits bribes, gratuities and kickbacks (13-1-28 through 13-1-199, NMSA 1978).
UNMH views utilization of local vendors, suppliers and contractors as good sustainable practice. As such, UNMH strongly encoura
local New Mexico Business community members in preparing proposal offers.
Scope of Work:
The selected contractor will provide all material, equipment and labor necessary to complete the following scope of work and provide fully
intended use per specifications dated: 11/14/19.
Note: Sequence 1 is for reference only and not included in this Scope of Work.
The project will consist of modernization of three traction passenger elevators operating at 350 fpm; including but not limited to elevator ca
machine refurbishment (or replacement), care and hoistway door equipment including new door operators, ADA compliant elevator fixture
permits, inspections, and warranty.
Work will be performed in three phases, one for each elevator beginning with unit six, then five and four. Each elevator and phase will con
service, elevator, before beginning a subsequent phase.
Construction Calendar Days:
Construction schedule indicating Phase I or (unit #6) completion by 6/30/20, and dates for completion of Phases II & III 11/1/20.
Offeror must hold pricing for 60 days after the opening of Proposals.
UNMH or Project Specific Requirements:
1. Maintain UNMH Environment of Care (EOC) Requirements
2. Adhere to all UNMH Risk assessment protocols and Infection Control Risk Assessment requirements. Assume Type D, Class V Inf
3. May require weekend and/or multiple shifts to complete project within allocated time.
4. Maintain continuous means of egress for the duration of the project.
5. All critical/ long lead time items will need to be expedited through the submittal process as soon as a PO is issued in order to achiev
contract time (240 Calendar Days). Any delay in providing critical submittals and ordering of components will result in the contract
order to the deliver the project by the contractual time with no additional expense to the Owner.
6. Foreman or superintendent must coordinate with UNMH Project Manager (PM) on all aspects of the work including but not limited
work, shutdown of work if directed by UNMH PM, coordination of work sequencing with end users, etc.
7. Major noise generating work including but not limited to saw cutting, heavy demolition, work will be required to take place on nigh
1. Selected Contractor’s Project Supervisor/Manager for this work or Safety Manager will be required to have and provide a current O
9. General Project Requirements:
a. Weekly OAC meetings with a two week look ahead, submittal log, meeting minutes, RFI/ASI log.
b. Drawdown schedule provided at first OAC.
10. Adherence to applicable codes and the University of New Mexico General Conditions of the Contract for Construction, 2012 Editio
11. Adherence to UNMH standards and guidelines including EOC, FGI, NFPA, and ASHRAE
1. Contractor to hold price for 60 days after submission of proposal
2. Multiple utility shutdowns will be required
13 January 2020
Non-Mandatory Pre-Proposal Conference
A Highly Recommended Pre-Proposal Conference will be held on Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at
Lomas Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87106 BBRP Lobby 1st Floor Elevators. The conference wi
opportunity to discuss the project and RFP requirements with UNMH. Potential proposers are en
written questions in advance of the conference. The identity of the organization submitting the q
revealed. Additional written and oral questions may be submitted at the conference. All question
conference. A public log will be kept of the names of potential proposers that attended the pre-p
guided site visit may be provided after the conference. Attendance at the pre-proposal conference
and highly recommended.
13 January 2020