NOTICE OF SEALED BID
TOWN OF WATERTOWN, CONNECTICUT
424 Main Street, Watertown
37 DeForest Street, Watertown
OPENING DATE: Wednesday, November 4, 2020 at 2:00PM
The Town of Watertown will be accepting SEALED BIDS for the purchase of either of the two above
Sealed bids may be submitted by mail or in person at the Watertown Town Hall, 61 Echo Lake
Road, Watertown, CT 06795 prior to the date of the opening; or in person on the day and time of
Further information concerning the Bid may be obtained and Bids must be submitted on forms
provided by the Town of Watertown, Purchasing Agent, which may be obtained at the Watertown
Town Hall, 61 Echo Lake Road, Watertown, CT or online at www.watertownct.org. Information can
also be obtained from Godin Property Brokers, LLC, 850 Straits Turnpike, Suite 204, Middlebury,
CT 06762, (203) 577-2277
The Town of Watertown shall not be held responsible for bids not received prior to the bid opening.
Town of Watertown
SEALED BID TOWN OF
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
OPENING DATE: Wednesday, November 4, 2020 2:00PM
The TOWN OF WATERTOWN is offering two parcels of real property, to wit, 424 Main Street,
Watertown (the Town Hall Annex) and 37 DeForest Street, Watertown (the old Town Hall) for sale
by SEALED BID to be conducted at the Watertown Town Hall, 61 Echo Lake Road, Watertown,
The properties are subject to inspection and review by contacting Godin Property Brokers, LLC,
850 Straits Turnpike, Suite 204, Middlebury, CT 06762, (203)577-2277
By making a bid, every bidder accepts the following terms and conditions:
1. The two properties will be sold individually.
2. The properties may contain deficiencies, however, the terms of sale are "AS IS, WHERE IS",
with no guaranty or warranty either expressed or implied. Buyers shall rely entirely on their
own inspection and information.
3. The Town reserves the right to reject any and all bids made and to withdraw any item from
the sale if, in its opinion, the best interest of the Town will be served.
4. The successful bidder will enter into a contract for the purchase of the property, subject to
sale conditions as are normally found in such real estate contracts.
5. At the time of the bid opening, the purchaser will be required to make a deposit in the amount
of ten percent of the purchase price by cash or check.
6. If the high bid obtained is not acceptable to the Town, all bids will be rejected, and the bid
7. In the event that the successful bidder does not purchase the property subject to contract
conditions, the property may be offered to the next bidder at the highest bid price submitted,
if it is determined to be in the Town’s best interest.
NOTE: IF YOUR BID IS ACCEPTED, YOU OR YOUR ATTORNEY SHOULD
CONTACT THE TOWN ATTORNEY, PAUL R. JESSELL, ESQ, SLAVIN,
STAUFFACHER & SCOTT, LLC, 27 SIEMON COMPANY DRIVE, SUITE 300W,
WATERTOWN, CT 06795, firstname.lastname@example.org TO ENTER INTO A FORMAL
CONTRACT FOR THE PURCHASE.