City of Hutchinson
Request for Proposal
Turnout Gear Extractor Washer
Submission Deadline May 8, 2018 10:00 a.m. (CST)
Proposals will be received at the Fire Training Center 3201 East 4th Avenue, Hutchinson, KS
67501, until 10:00 a.m. (CST) on the above-referenced Proposal submission deadline. Proposals
shall be submitted within a sealed envelope addressed to the City of Hutchinson, in care of
Jeremy Unruh, Battalion Chief, and identified on the outside with Proposer’s name and address
and clearly marked “Turnout Gear Extractor Washer Bid 18-96”
Submissions must be hand-delivered or sent via return receipt delivery effected by certified mail,
priority mail, commercial courier service, overnight delivery service, or other reliable personal
delivery service to the City’s above-referenced address. Facsimile or electronic submissions will
not be accepted. Submissions received after the specified time and date will be returned
All questions concerning this project during the solicitation process shall be forwarded to the
RFP Coordinator listed below.
Project Scope: Hutchinson Fire Department is accepting proposals from qualified distributors of
commercial laundry equipment for the purposes of cleaning and/or decontaminating structural
firefighting personal protective equipment, referred to as “turnout gear extractor washers.”
Background on the Project: The purpose of this RFP is to purchase up to six turnout gear
extractor washers to both replace an existing machine, as well as acquire new units, at multiple
fire stations throughout Hutchinson’s Fire district.
1. Commercial washer extractor; minimum 60 lbs. capacity and or three complete sets of
structural turnout gear.
2. Constructed with high grade materials and high-quality components to include but not
limited to frame, supports, seals, bearings, pulleys, housings, shafts, cylinders, doors,
springs, control panels, etc.
3. Highly programmable functions allowing for alterations to the wash process, including
extract speed in G-force, number of baths, water temperatures, water levels, cylinder
rotation options, mechanical action, wash time and automatic chemical injection.
4. Valves, supply lines, hose, fittings and other necessary mechanical components.
5. All necessary electrical components, attachments, connectors, etc.
1. One supplier to support the purchased machines and all machine components.
2. Supplier to provide on-site technician response within 24 hours from time of call for
repair of products covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
3. Proposed installation must not require more than minimal alterations to the existing
facility or structure.
4. Proposed installation must allow for easy access for routine servicing of the machines.
5. Installation and machines must meet current National Electrical Code, Uniform Plumbing
Code and Underwriters Laboratory requirements.
6. Installation and machines must meet current applicable National Fire Protection
7. Supplier is responsible for any permits required for installation.
8. Supplier to provide one copy of an operations, parts, and service manual, per fire station
in which a unit exists, in addition to a digital copy.
9. Supplier to provide a minimum of three-year parts and labor warranty. If warranty repairs
and/or replacement cannot be completed onsite, warranty will cover all shipping,
transportation, parts, labor, and all related fees.
1. Proposal is to include the following information:
2. All prices, including installation and any freight charges, parts, accessories, or
components necessary for a complete installation, plus applicable sales taxes.
3. Pricing per unit for 60 lbs. (capable of laundering three complete sets of turnout gear)
turnout gear extractor washers, in both hard and soft mount configurations.
4. Specifications for the proposed equipment ensuring that it is compatible with the RFP
equipment summary and requirements.
5. Specifications and plans for installation, including arrangement of connections of
6. Factory recommended service schedules for all components and locations(s) of a factory
7. An estimated cost summary for all regular equipment services for ten years, following
8. Summary of factory warranties for all equipment and associated components.
9. Delivery and installation timeline, after receipt of order.
10. Meet all necessary requirements of NFPA 1851 standards;
11. Contain tub construction of stainless steel.
12. Operate with G-force per NFPA standards
13. Chemical injection that automatically inject exact amounts of cleaning chemicals at
exactly the right time in the wash process and at the right water temperature.
14. Electrical 110v preferred.
15. Front loading washer.
Installation sites of fire stations:
1. Fire station #1 located at 2 E. 20th
2. Fire station #3 located at 100 E. Ave E
3. Fire station #4 located at 1100 N. Halstead
4. Fire station #5 located at 1024 N. Hendricks
5. Fire station #6 located at 4410 N. Plum
6. Fire station #7 located at 3416 E. 30th
Tentative Schedule of Events:
RFP Issued: April 24, 2018
Proposals Due: May 8, 2018 Central Time
Proposals evaluated: Week of May 8, 2018
Decision to Award: Within 30 days of proposal due date
Jeremy Unruh, Battalion Chief
Hutchinson Fire Department
3201 East 4th Street
Hutchinson, KS 67501
Proposal Preparation: Firms submitting proposals shall be responsible for all costs, and/or
expenses, associated with preparing such proposals.
Compliance with Laws: The supplier shall comply with all applicable federal, state and local
laws, rules and regulations, affecting its performance and hold the purchaser harmless against
any claims arising from the violation thereof.