|Type of Government:||State & Local|
|Posted Date:||Oct 3, 2019|
|Due Date:||Oct 31, 2019|
|Bid Source:||Please Login to View Page|
|Contact information:||Please Login to View Page|
|Bid Documents:||Please Login to View Page|
RFI 7318 Domestic Violence Shelter
|Category:||Administrative Services - Purchasing|
Mark A. Cowart
Director of Administrative Services, Chief Information Officer
2222 “M” Street
Merced, CA 95340
(209) 725-3535 Fax
Equal Opportunity Employer
Issue Date: October 3, 2019
COUNTY OF MERCED
REQUEST FOR INFORMATION
Domestic Violence Shelter Services
Please carefully read and follow the instructions. Please direct all questions to:
County of Merced
Department of Administrative Services-Purchasing Division
2222 "M" Street, Room 1
Merced, California 95340
Attn. Elizabeth Amaral, Procurement Specialist
Phone: 209-385-7331 ext. 5478
PLEASE RESPOND BY: 4:00 P.M., ON OCTOBER 31, 2019
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Cover Page 1
Table of Contents 2
1 – Intent of the Request 3
2 – Requirements 4
3 – Information to Bidders 5
A – Signature Page 6
INTENT OF THE REQUEST FOR INFORMATION
The County of Merced is seeking qualified vendor(s) to enter into contracts with the County to provide Domestic Violence Shelter-Based services to victims of domestic violence and their minor children residing in Merced County. Services include temporary shelter-based services and resource connections to victims of domestic violence so they can make an appropriate transition into a long-term, safe living environment.
The services needed are twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week shelter, a twenty-four (24) hour a day, seven (7) days a week telephone hotline, temporary housing and food facilities, psychological support, peer counseling, referrals to community resources, drop-in center for support services, arrangement for school age children to continue their education during their stay at the shelter, and emergency transportation.
Any person in Merced County who is a victim of domestic violence and requires emergency or temporary shelter is eligible for shelter services. There is no income, residence or immigration status requirements.
Information realized as a result of this RFI will be used to determine the feasibility of creating a Request for Proposal (RFP) for such services and may be used to construct a list of prospective vendors. There is no commitment, implied or otherwise, by the County to continue with the procurement process.
1.2. SCHEDULED ACTIVITIES
To the extent achievable, the following schedule shall govern the RFI. The County reserves the right to modify the dates below.
Activity Estimated Schedule Date
1.2.1. Availability of the Request for Information 10/03/2019
1.2.2. Deadline for Submission of Interpretation and/or 10/17/2019
1.2.3. Closing Date for the Request for Information. 10/31/2019
1. Is Vendor; (1) a public entity, or (2) a non-profit corporation qualified to do business in the State of California?
2. Has Vendor operated a domestic violence shelter for victims of domestic violence for two (2) of the past five (5) years.
3. Does Vendor have a confidential shelter which serves residents of Merced County who are victims of domestic violence. Do not disclose the location of the shelter in the RFI.
4. Does Vendor have a shelter on a twenty-four (24) hour a day, seven (7) days a week basis.
5. Does Vendor have a twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week telephone hotline for crisis calls.
6. Is there psychological support and peer counseling provided in accordance with the California Evidence Code Section 1037.1?
7. Does Vendor provide referrals for other services in the community.
8. Is there a drop-in center that operates during normal business hours to assist victims of domestic violence who have a need for support services.
9. Are there arrangements for school age children to continue their education during their stay?
10. Does Vendor have a method for obtaining the following services for the victims of domestic violence, as required in the California W&IC Section 18295, to the extent possible, and in conjunction with already existing community services:
• Medical care.
• Legal Assistance.
• Psychological support and counseling.
• Information regarding other available social services.
11. Does Vendor work with social service agencies, schools and law enforcement.
12. Can Vendor utilizes trained volunteers to the maximum capacity in the delivery of services as required by California W&IC Section 18297.
13. Does Vendor have:
• The ability to serve a variety of cultural backgrounds.
• Bilingual staff to serve the needs of the community.
INFORMATION TO BIDDERS
3.1. REQUEST FOR INFORMATION CLOSING DATE
County would like to receive the responses in the Merced County Department of Administrative Services-Purchasing on or before 4:00 p.m. on October 31, 2019. Please provide responses in a sealed envelope, box or appropriate package with the RFI number marked on the outside and deliver to:
Merced County Department of Administrative Services-Purchasing
2222 "M" Street, Room 1
Merced, California 95340
Attention: Elizabeth Amaral, Procurement Specialist
3.2. INTERPRETATION, CORRECTIONS AND ADDENDA
Please carefully examine the specifications, terms and conditions provided in the Request for Information. If you find an ambiguity, conflict, discrepancy, omission or error or if you have any questions please notify the contact person as shown above in 3.1 REQUEST FOR INFORMATION CLOSING DATE by the date shown in Deadline for Submission of Interpretation and/or Questions in 1.2 SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES. Any change in the RFI will be made only by written addendum, issued by the Department of Administrative Services-Purchasing and shall be incorporated in the RFI.
3.3. GENERAL INFORMATION
THE COUNTY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY COSTS INCURRED BY THE BIDDER IN CONNECTION WITH THE PREPARATION AND SUBMISSION OF THIS OR ANY OTHER RESPONSE TO AN RFI.
All responses and accompanying documentation submitted will become the property of the County and will not be returned.
3.4 RESPONSE CONTENT
Please keep your response in the format outlined within this document. Use as much space as necessary to give as complete an answer as possible. If additional space is required, feel free to attach additional pages.
Please feel free to include any relevant brochures, white papers, etc., a brief history of your company, a summary of relevant background information, a describing your company’s experience of major accomplishments and/or activities similar to the information requested, etc.
(PLEASE COMPLETE AND PLACE IN FRONT OF RFI)
(P.O. Box/Street) (City) (State) (Zip)
TELEPHONE NO.: FAX NO.:
The undersigned hereby certifies that he/she is a duly authorized official of their organization and has the authority to sign on behalf of the organization and assures that all statements made in the response to the RFI are true.
Authorized Representative - Name Title
With Free Trial, you can:
You will have a full access to bids, website, and receive daily bid report via email and web.