REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Submit Bid To
UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS MEDICAL CENTER
DEPARTMENT OF PURCHASING
Mail Stop 2034
3901 Rainbow Blvd., Kansas City, KS 66160
If additional information is desired, contact Hayley Unke-Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org or 913 588 1117
Quotation No. RQ-00041
Date Mailed 07/19/2022
Closing 2:00 pm Central 08/16/2022
Items and Specifications
KUMC seeks to procure bids for On-Call Fire Sprinkler System Services to fulfill the requirements as
outlined in the included specifications. KUMC reserves the right to negotiate with selected finalists should
it be deemed necessary.
Pre-bid Conference – A mandatory in person pre-bid conference will be held on Thursday, August 4, 2022 at
9:30am Central time.
If you wish to attend the pre-bid meeting, you must RSVP to Hayley Unke-Moore at email@example.com or
913 588 1117 by end of day Tuesday, August 2, 2022.
Due to COVID restrictions, doors to the KUMC campus are locked and access is limited. If you do not already
have a badge granting you access to campus, instructions will be provided on where to park and meet to attend
the pre-bid meeting after you RSVP.
Regardless of if you already have access to campus, you still must RSVP your planned attendance at the pre-bid
meeting to Hayley Unke-Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org or 913 588 1117 by end of day Tuesday, August 2,
Attendance is mandatory at the pre-bid conference. Impromptu questions may be permitted, and spontaneous
unofficial answers provided. However, bidders should understand that the only official answer or position of
KUMC will be presented in writing.
• KUMC RFQ Guidelines.pdf
• RQ-00041 Bid form.pdf
• RQ-00041 Sudler drawings.pdf
• KUMC Campus map
Page 1 of 4
All suppliers must submit the following documents as part of their bid.
1. A signed copy of the KUMC RFQ guidelines.
2. References required from page 2 of this document.
3. Completed Labor Rates from page 4 of this document.
4. Completed bid form, which must include:
a. Quotes for the project.
b. Bond costs to include Performance Bond and Public Works Bond.
Purchasing the above bonds in advance is not required; only providing the costs of such bonds is necessary to
submit your proposal.
The University of Kansas Medical Center is requesting proposals to provide On-Call Services for Fire Sprinkler
Systems. The Medical Center will rely on the successful vendor’s expertise in the industry to provide these
services throughout the University Areas of the Medical Center.
The University of Kansas Medical Center is requesting a three (3)-year contract with option to renew for two
(2) additional one (1)-year periods, if mutually agreed upon by both parties and subject to annual appropriations
by the governing body.
To have an on-call contractor in the specified trade that will be available at short notice to perform the fire
sprinkler work outlined in the scope of work below on an as needed basis throughout the Medical Center and at
the Fairway Campus. Job sizes range from work order sized projects to limited renovations of various buildings
mostly on the Medical Center Campus. The contractor must have the ability and willingness to work with: in-
house or on-call engineers, architects, construction forces, and sub-contractors.
Qualifications and Criteria for Award:
The award will be made to the most qualified and responsive bidder whose bid meets the requirements and
criteria set forth in this proposal, including the criteria below:
1. Licensed contractor in specified trade in Kansas and Missouri.
2. The contractor shall have experience in specified trade for a minimum of 10 years.
3. Each bidder shall submit a list of at least three (3) contracts of similar size completed within the last 24
months. List shall include telephone number and name of individuals familiar with the scope of the
project and the performance of the contractor. Failure to provide the information may lead to
disqualification of the bid.
4. Must have the ability to respond to emergency maintenance work in one hour.
5. Must have the ability to work with in-house and/or on-call engineers, architects, construction forces to
help trouble shoot and suggest cost savings and improvements to design.
6. Must be able to staff the projects accordingly for the size of each job and keep the same staff the entire
7. List Labor Rates and how they are structured.
8. Previous experience at KUMC is preferred.
9. Price breakdowns for material and labor are required along with back up documentation from
subcontractors and material suppliers.
10. Must be able to accomplish work in and around occupied areas and provide any and all means of
separation of construction activities from occupied areas and keeping all work areas and travel routes
clean and orderly.
Page 2 of 4
11. For emergency situations associated with fire sprinkler systems and components, the contractor could be
called out after hours and/or weekends to resolve an immediate problem and asked to be on location
within an hour.
12. Must have the ability to design and install/modify dry and wet pipe fire sprinkler systems.
13. Must have the capability to provide other types of fire suppression systems, such as but not limited to
clean agent, dry chemical, and mist.
14. Must have the ability to provide Kansas Engineer’s stamped shop drawings for review and submission
to the State of Kansas for their project review and approval.
15. Have experience in working with the State of Kansas and Kansas Fire Marshal for reviews and
16. Services provided when bidding and providing pricing proposals: KUMC is not able to compensate for
time and effort for bidding for bids which do not result in a PO.
All work under this contract shall be compliant with local and adopted State Code requirements. All work is
subject to inspection by the architect/engineer and the authority having jurisdiction.
Cost Sheet – Fire Sprinkler Services
Hourly billing rates to include:
1. Contractor employee pay rate
2. Employer FICA contributions
3. Employee federal and State unemployment insurance costs
4. Workmen’s Compensation, Fidelity and liability insurance costs
5. General administrative and overhead expenses
6. Project estimating time
7. Gross profit margin
8. Any additional employee payroll contributions.
It is anticipated that most of the work to be performed by contractor’s employee(s) will be on the University of
Kansas Medical Center Campus and Fairway Campus. The University of Kansas Medical Center will incur no
expenses other than the flat hourly rate stated herein.
Page 3 of 4
Supplier Name __________________________
RQ-00041 On-call Fire Sprinkler System Services
Please list any other areas that may be applicable to this type of work.
Premium Time $
Materials and Subcontractor Markups
Unless KUMC chooses to supply materials and/or equipment, the contractor shall purchase and supply all
materials for a project. Materials shall be invoiced at a cost % markup.
Other areas applicable to this contract:
Page 4 of 4