|Agency:||COMMERCE, DEPARTMENT OF|
|Type of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Jul 9, 2020|
|Due Date:||Jul 16, 2020|
|Bid Source:||Please Login to View Page|
|Contact information:||Please Login to View Page|
|Bid Documents:||Please Login to View Page|
Q&A posted 7/9/2020 and the due date for quotes is extended through 7/16/2020
1. QUESTION: The Contractor shall provide personnel to implement a turn-key solution consisting of equipment, infrastructure, spares, repair parts, supplies, and documents (including designs, specifications, and manuals) necessary to support the production of digital video, which shall be recording gear retrieval of Hawaii-based pelagic longline vessels in the Pacific Islands Region.
The contractor will provide “We will provide an estimate that includes these additional supplies. There is no mention of on-going support in the SOW. Are we correct in assuming that we should not include the costs of providing technical support or carrying out repairs in our estimate?
1. ANSWER: (From Technical person) _ Correct, no technical support or repairs after each installation is complete and functional.
2. QUESTION: Can you please give an example of what is expected in response to the following:
The contractor shall provide PIFSC IT Security personnel with as-built designs for approval prior to implementation. As-builts shall include all ports, protocols, and interfaces both within the system and to external systems. (p.2)
2. ANSWER: (From Technical person) _ Is it possible for PIFSC to receive a sample before final delivery to approve the system functionality.
3. QUESTION: The RFQ states that each EM system will require… “ no less than two cameras.” (p.3) For budgeting purposes, can we assume that two cameras are all that will be required for each vessel?
3. ANSWER: (From Technical person) As many cameras will be needed to capture the required views to record the retrieval of fish and get accurate fish identification. Depends on layout, but you can budget for 2.2 cameras for each system to be safe. The 2.2 relates to having 2 cameras on four boats and 3 cameras on a fifth boat for budgeting purposes.
4. QUESTION: Will booms need to be installed to capture the required camera views? If so, how many of the vessels will require booms?
4. ANSWER: (From Technical person) Assume all systems need a boom or davit. Some way to get a picture over the rail.
5. QUESTION: Is it reasonable to assume that 2-3 vessels will be in port at the same time, to allow for efficient staff deployment by grouping the installs?
5. ANSWER: (From Technical person) We cannot control vessel arrivals. PIFSC will coordinate with vessel owners and the Hawaii Longline Association for vessel arrivals and timing of installation.
6. QUESTION: Given current travel restrictions in HI due to COVID-19, may we provide two estimates—one that assumes no change to the current regulations, and one that assumes some easing of the requirements?
6. ANSWER: At this time we need to provide for what is currently ongoing with the covid-19. There is no guarantee when it will end and quarantine restrictions in Hawaii will cease.
LOCATION HONOLULU, HAWAII: PURCHASE AND INSTALLATION: THE CONTRACTOR SHALL PROVIDE AND INSTALL A MAXIMUM OF 20 ELECTRONIC MONITORING (EM) SYSTEMS ON A MAXIMUM QUANTITY OF 20 LONGLINE VESSELS WHICH TYPICALLY RANGE IN SIZE FROM 70 TO 100 FEET.
QUOTE IS FOR THE 20 QUANTITY MAX. ON A SEPARATE SUBMISSION DOCUMENT, PLEASE PROVIDE WHAT ANY ADDITIONAL UNITS PER UNITS WOULD BE FROM QUANTITY 21 THROUGH 30 AND PROVIDE OVERALL COST IF A QUANTITY OVER 20 WERE PURCHASED. DEPENDING UPON COST, THE QUANTITY MAY BE AMENDED TO OVER 20. I WILL GIVE OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION IF THIS OCCURS TO RESPONDING VENDORS.
|Jun 29, 2020||[Combined Synopsis/Solicitation (Original)] LOCATION HONOLULU, HAWAII: PURCHASE AND INSTALLATION: THE CONTRACTOR SHALL PROVIDE AND INSTALL A MAXIMUM OF 20 ELECTRONIC MONITORING (EM) SYSTEMS ON A MAXIMUM QUANTITY OF 20 LONGLINE VESSELS WHICH TYPICALLY RANGE IN SIZE FROM 70 TO 100 FEET|
|Jul 8, 2020||[Combined Synopsis/Solicitation (Updated)] LOCATION HONOLULU, HAWAII: PURCHASE AND INSTALLATION: THE CONTRACTOR SHALL PROVIDE AND INSTALL A MAXIMUM OF 20 ELECTRONIC MONITORING (EM) SYSTEMS ON A MAXIMUM QUANTITY OF 20 LONGLINE VESSELS WHICH TYPICALLY RANGE IN SIZE FROM 70 TO 100 FEET|
With Free Trial, you can:
You will have a full access to bids, website, and receive daily bid report via email and web.
Residential Reentry Center (RRC) and Home Confinement Services or Day Reporting Center (DRC)
JUSTICE, DEPARTMENT OF
Bid Due: 10/02/2020
G099--VAPIHCS Sole Source for HCHV Emergency Housing on the Island of Maui with
VETERANS AFFAIRS, DEPARTMENT OF