LEGAL BID ADVERTISEMENT
INVITATION TO BID
FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF SW DAVIES RD AND SW WEIR RD PRV IMPROVEMENTS
1. DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT. The City of Beaverton is accepting sealed bids for the project, SW Davies Rd and SW
Weir Rd PRV Improvements, CIP Project No. 4134. The project consists of the construction of two pressure
reducing valve (PRV) stations with telemetry monitoring. The project cost is approximately $425,000 to
2. DEADLINE. Bids must be submitted by 2:00 P.M. on June 26, 2019. First-tier Subcontractor Disclosure Forms
for this project are due no later than 4:00 P.M. on June 26, 2019 to Terry Muralt, Purchasing Agent, at the 2nd
Floor Finance Utility Billing Counter by fax, (503) 526-2490, or by email, bidmail@BeavertonOregon.gov.
3. DELIVERY METHODS. Bids submitted for this project must be submitted by mail, courier, or in person. Bids
may not be submitted by facsimile (fax) or email.
a. Mail. Bids submitted by mail must be sent to Terry Muralt, Purchasing Agent, P.O. Box 4755,
Beaverton, OR 97076. Mailed Bids will be date and time stamped upon receipt. Bids received in the
mail after the deadline will not be accepted.
b. In-person Bids. In-person bids must be provided to Terry Muralt, Purchasing Agent, at the Finance
Utility Billing Counter. The Finance Utility Billing Counter is located on the 2nd Floor of the Beaverton
Building, located at 12725 SW Millikan Way, Beaverton, OR 97005. Upon request, the City will issue a
written receipt providing the date and time the bid was received.
4. BID OPENING. Bids will be publicly opened and read at 2:00 P.M. in the Deschutes River Conference Room at
the Beaverton Building located on the 5th Floor. No Bids will be accepted after the Bid Closing time and date.
5. NON-MANDATORY PRE-BID CONFERENCE. A non-mandatory pre-bid conference for this project will be held in
the Deschutes River Conference Room at the Beaverton Building located on the 5th Floor at 2 P.M. on June 12,
2019. This conference is to provide prospective Bidders with the opportunity to ask questions related to
bidding or building the work under the resulting contract. Questions that cannot be addressed by direct
reference to the Bid Documents may be answered through an addendum issued to all plan holders.
6. LOCATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Bidders may obtain plans and specifications for the project in person at 12725
SW Millikan Way, 2nd Floor Finance Utility Billing Counter, Beaverton, OR 97005, by calling (503) 526-2228, or
by visiting the City’s website at http://apps.BeavertonOregon.gov/Bids/ after registering an account with the
City and subscribing to the bid.
7. PREVAILING WAGES. The contract expected to be awarded in connection with this solicitation is subject to the
state prevailing wage rates under ORS 279C.800 to 279C.870 and/or the federal prevailing wage rates under the
Davis-Bacon Act (40 U.S.C. 3141 et seq.). No Bid will be received or considered by the City unless the Bid contains
a statement by the Bidder that “Bidder agrees to be bound by and will comply with the provisions of ORS
279C.838, ORS 279C.840 or 40 U.S.C. 3141 to 3148.”
For more information regarding this project contact Geoff Hunsaker, Project Manager, at 503-572-4239 or
PUBLISH: Daily Journal of Commerce
DATE: June 5, 2019