INVITATION TO BID
P. O. BOX 1125
216 E. CENTRAL AVENUE
VALDOSTA, GEORGIA 31601
BID # 11-18-19
FOR: Painting Exterior of City Hall
PRE-BID MEETING: October 17, 2018 10 AM EST
BID OPENING DATE: October 30, 2018
11:OO AM EST
GREG BROWN, CPPB, CPPO
(229) 259-3525 • Fax (229) 259-5460
A mandatory pre-bid meeting will take place on October 17, 2018 at 10:00 AM EST to
discuss this project. You must attend the meeting to bid as a sign in sheet will be kept. Meet
at the corner of 216 E. Central Ave (City Hall) and Valley St. Bring you bid packages that
you either were mailed or got online.
NOTICE TO DEALERS/VENDORS
1. Any prices bid by dealer/vendor on any items offered to the City of Valdosta shall be the
price effective at the date of delivery.
2. No delivery date of “ASAP” (As Soon As Possible) shall be considered acceptable on items
that have a maximum delivery date listed in the specifications.
3. The City of Valdosta reserves the right to accept alternate bids on any or all items where
maximum delivery date, as listed in the specifications is not met by dealer/vendor.
4. Signature below of authorized agent for dealer/vendor shall constitute recognition and
acceptance of all conditions of the sale as listed above.
5. All shipping is to be FOB Valdosta, GA 31601 and included in total price unless otherwise
stated in the bid document.
It is the intent of these specifications to furnish the City of Valdosta with the following
requisitioned equipment, according to the attached. It is clearly understood that the following are
minimum specifications and are made in order to show the exact quality through specifications of
the equipment proposed.
The City of Valdosta reserves the right to accept any or all bids or to choose the bid considered to
be in their best interest.
The final decision of purchase will be made upon the award of the City of Valdosta Mayor and
Council if the item or items total are greater than $25,000.
NO BID WILL BE CONSIDERED IF RECEIVED AFTER THE DATE AND TIME
Be sure to put the Bid Number on the outside of your
INSTRUCTIONS TO BIDDERS
1. Proposals must be made upon the form of the proposal attached hereto. They must be enclosed in
a sealed plain envelope, with the bid number written on the outside and endorsed with the title of
the proposal, and must be filed with the Purchasing Agent of the City of Valdosta, located at 216
E. Central Ave 3rd floor. In the event you choose to mail your proposal, it should be mailed to Greg
Brown, P.A., P.O. Box 1125, Valdosta, Ga. 31603.
2. No bidder will be allowed to withdraw his proposal for any reason whatsoever after the
bids have been opened.
3. The specifications represent the minimum general size, weight, capacity and performance
characteristics desired in the equipment to be purchased. These requirements are not
intended to prevent obtaining fair prices or to eliminate competition, but to insure, if
possible, that all bids submitted shall not be subject to correction or alteration after the bid
has been filed, opened, and publicly read. In view of an unusual wide disparity in details
of design and manufacture, complete descriptive literature and manufacturer’s
specifications must be submitted on each type of equipment offered. The City of Valdosta
reserves the right to evaluate any or all bids, particularly where there is a range in
specifications. Special consideration will be given to the ready availability of repair parts
4. Federal or State taxes are not applicable to Georgia Municipalities under the United States
Code Title 26 and Georgia Exemption Certificate Number 3-465-686-300-1.
5. It is expressly understood by the bidder that written notice of the award or purchase order
by the City of Valdosta will constitute an agreement and consummate the transaction and
will serve together with the proposal, the advertisement, these instructions and the detailed
specifications, as the entire form of contract between the parties.
6. The bidder agrees that the City of Valdosta reserves the right to reject any or all proposals,
or to accept the part of the bid considered to be in the best interest of the City.
7. Specifications referred to minimum, therefore unless otherwise indicated by the bidder, the
City will assume proposals meet or exceed all specifications.
8. The names of a certain brand, make or definite specifications are to demote quality standard
of the article desired, but do not restrict bidders to be specific brand, make or manufacturer
named; it is to set forth and convey to prospective bidders the general style, type, character
and quality of the article desired.
1. The award of the contract will be made to the lowest responsible bidder taking into consideration
quality performance and the time specified in the proposals for the performance of the contract.
The City of Valdosta reserves the right to reject all bids as appears in its own best interest and to
waive technicalities. In cases of a tie, the bid in the best interest of the City will be awarded.
The following affidavit is to accompany the bid:
STATE OF _________________
COUNTY OF _______________
Owner, Partner or Officer of Firm
Company Name, Address, City and State
Being of lawful age, being first duly sworn, on oath says that he/she is the agent authorized by the
bidder to submit the attached bid. Affiant further states as bidder, that they have not been a party
to any collusion among bidders in restraint of competition by agreement to bid at a fixed price or
to refrain from bidding. Affiant also states as bidder, that they have not been a party to any
collusion with any officer of the City of Valdosta or any of their employees as to quantity, quality
or price in the prospective contract; and that discussions have not taken place between bidders and
any office of the City of Valdosta or any of their employees concerning exchange of money or
other things of value for special consideration in submitting a sealed bid for:
Subscribed and sworn to before me this ______ day of _____________________, 20____.