BID NUMBER I040-2020
Annual Supply of Diesel Exhaust Fluid
DOCUMENTS ARE DUE PRIOR TO:
Feb 25, 2020 2:00:00 PM CST
NO LATE BIDS WILL BE ACCEPTED
DOCUMENTS MAY BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO:
DOCUMENTS MAY BE DELIVERED TO:
1515 N. GALLOWAY AVE.
MESQUITE, TX 75149
DOCUMENTS MAY BE MAILED TO:
CITY OF MESQUITE PURCHASING DIVISION
P.O. BOX 850137
MESQUITE, TX 75185-0137
Bids will be publicly opened and read by the Purchasing Manager. If mailed or delivered in person, write the bid
number on the envelope in the lower left corner. Time Critical Bid/Proposal Deliveries: The City of Mesquite cannot
guarantee, due to internal procedures, that any bids/proposals sent Priority Mail will be picked up and delivered by
the closing date and time. It is recommended that critical bid/proposal deliveries be made either in person or via an
alternate delivery method.
Annual Supply of Diesel Exhaust Fluid
Bid Start Date
Bid End Date
&RQWUDFW'XUDWLRQ 365 days
3ULFHV*RRGIRU 45 days
Please see General Clauses and Conditions, Special Provisions and Bid Specifications.
PRICES MUST BE QUOTED AS F.O.B. MESQUITE, TEXAS 75149
SPECIAL CONDITIONS PAGE MUST BE FILLED OUT COMPLETELY
Item Response Form
I040 -2020 --01 -01 -'LHVHO([KDXVW)OXLG
'HOLYHU\/RFDWLRQ City of Mesquite
City of Mesquite, Warehouse
Diesel Exhaust Fluid, 2.5 gallon jugs, Fleetguard Part number 729566, or approved equivalent
City Part Number: 96-1-
INVITATION TO BID (ITB) NO. I040-2020
CLOSING DATE AND TIME: FEBRUARY 25, 2020 - 2:00 P.M.
ANNUAL SUPPLY OF DIESEL EXHAUST FLUID
The City of Mesquite, Texas invites electronic bids, faxed bids, mailed bids or hand delivered bids from all qualified vendors
desiring to bid on the Annual Supply of Diesel Exhaust Fluid, complying with the following specifications as listed herein.
The City of Mesquite strongly encourages all vendors to submit bids online through BidSync (www.bidsync.com). If you
are unable to submit your bid electronically, you may submit a paper copy by courier or hand deliver to Ryan Williams,
Manager of Purchasing, City of Mesquite, 1515 N. Galloway, Mesquite, Texas 75149. Bids may be mailed to Ryan Williams,
Manager of Purchasing, City of Mesquite, P.O. Box 850137, Mesquite, Texas 75185-0137. Bids may also be faxed to 972-
216-6397. Mark envelope in lower left corner “ITB NO. I040-2020; ANNUAL SUPPLY OF DIESEL EXHAUST FLUID”, so the
bids will not be opened until the appointed hour. Bids submitted must be received before bid closing on Tuesday,
February 25, 2020 at 2:00 p.m.
GENERAL CLAUSES AND CONDITIONS
1. If you have questions regarding the preparation of your bid, you may contact: email@example.com.
2. If you do not intend to bid on this project, please complete the bottom portion of the bid sheet, mark bid sheet “NO
BID” and return form to the Purchasing Department. Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.
3. Protection of Resident Workers: The City of Mesquite actively supports the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA),
which includes provisions addressing employment eligibility, employment verification, and nondiscrimination.
Under the INA, employers may hire only persons who may legally work in the United States (i.e., citizens and
nationals of the U.S.) and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. The employer must verify the identity and
employment eligibility of anyone to be hired, which includes completing the Employment Eligibility Verification
Form (I-9). The Contractor shall establish appropriate procedures and controls so no services or products under the
Contract Documents will be performed or manufactured by any worker who is not legally eligible to perform such
services or employment.
4. Laws and Ordinances: The Contractor shall at all times observe and comply with all Federal, State and local laws,
ordinances and regulations which in any manner affect the Contract or the work, and shall indemnify and save
harmless the City against any claim arising from the violation of any such laws, ordinances and regulations whether
by the Contractor or his employees.
5. Bidders desiring a copy of the bid tabulation sheet may request same by enclosing a self-addressed stamped
envelope with bid. BID RESULTS WILL NOT BE GIVEN BY TELEPHONE OR EMAIL. If you have any questions, please
contact the City of Mesquite Purchasing Department at 972-216-6201. Or, check our Web site at
www.cityofmesquite.com 24-48 hours after bid opening for a bid tabulation.
6. Bids must be received in duplicate, on this form, prior to the closing date and time to be considered. Bids must be
submitted in sufficient time to be received and time-stamped at the above location on or before the published date
and time shown on the ITB. The City of Mesquite will not be responsible for mail delivered from the post office.
Bids received after the published time and date cannot be considered and will be returned unopened.
7. Bidders shall attach official documentation from the State of Texas or other qualified certification agency of M/WBE
status of your company with bid/proposal. This data is for informational purposes only and will not affect the bid
8. A completed W-9 form will be required within five (5) business days by the tentative awardee once notification has
9. In submitting an offer, respondent certifies that they have not participated in nor have they been party to any
collusion, price fixing or any other illegal or unethical agreements with any company, firm or person concerning the
10. The Non-Exclusion Affidavit for General Contractors form must be signed, notarized and submitted with bid.
11. All bids must be signed by an authorized representative of the company.
12. The prices quoted in this bid proposal shall be F.O.B. Mesquite, TX and cover costs for packaging, delivery, and
handling, REGARDLESS OF THE SIZE OF ORDER, to the City of Mesquite Warehouse, 1101 E. Main Street, Mesquite,
13. Any ambiguity in the bid as a result of omission, error, lack of clarity or non-compliance by the Bidder with
specifications, instructions and all conditions shall be construed in favor of the City.
14. The City of Mesquite reserves the right to reject any and all bids, waive formalities and to make award of bid as may
be deemed to the best advantage of the City. No bid may be withdrawn within forty-five (45) days after date of
15. This Contract may be terminated at any time with thirty (30) days written notice by either the City of Mesquite or
16. Prices shall be filled in and extended on the item response form. In case of discrepancy between the unit price and
the extension, the unit price will be taken.
17. Bidder shall complete all information requested and blanks provided shall be filled in on the item response form.
Failure to completely describe the merchandise being bid may result in rejection of your bid.
18. The City is exempt from all sales and excise taxes.
19. The City of Mesquite reserves the right to evaluate variations from these specifications. If exceptions are made,
bidder shall state wherein the merchandise fails to meet these specifications. Failure to completely describe the
merchandise being bid may result in rejection of your bid.
20. Quantities are estimated and based on projected usage. It is specifically understood and agreed that these
quantities are approximate and any increased quantities will be paid at the regular quoted price. The contractor
shall not have any claim against the City of Mesquite for any quantities ordered that are less than the estimated bid
21. Award of contract shall be made on an "all or nothing” basis at the discretion of the City of Mesquite.
22. Orders shall be placed on an “as-needed” basis at the discretion of the City of Mesquite. Bidders shall advise if there
is a minimum dollar amount per order.
23. It is the vendor’s responsibility to check for any addendums that might have been issued before the bid closing date
24. Cooperative Purchasing: As permitted under the Texas Local Government Code, Chapter 791025, other government
entities may wish to also participate under the same terms and conditions contained in this contract (piggyback).
Each entity wishing to piggyback must have prior authorization from the City of Mesquite and vendor. If such
participation is authorized, all purchase orders will be issued directly from and shipped directly to the entity
requiring supplies/services. The City of Mesquite shall not be held responsible for any orders placed, deliveries
made or payment for supplies/services ordered by these entities. Each entity reserves the right to determine their
participation in this contract.
Successful bidder agrees to extend prices to all entities that have entered into or will enter into joint purchasing
interlocal cooperation agreements with the City of Mesquite _______Yes _______No.
25. Price quoted shall prevail for the entire term of the contract; one (1) year starting after bid is awarded to the
successful bidder. A renewal option is included as a part of this bid for an additional four (4) one-year periods,
renewable on anniversary of the original date, provided bidder can maintain bid prices and both parties are in
26. This project is being evaluated utilizing a “Best Value” method. Bid will be awarded through the Selection Criteria
detailed in the invitation to bid documents.