Z2DA--689-21-111 Upgrade OR Utilities Construction (VA-23-00070791) P10 Requirements
Looking for contract opportunity help?
Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTACs) are an official government contracting resource for small businesses.
Find your local PTAC
(opens in new window)
for free government expertise related to contract opportunities.
Contract Opportunity Type: Sources Sought (Original)
All Dates/Times are: (UTC-04:00) EASTERN STANDARD TIME, NEW YORK, USA
Original Published Date: May 15, 2023 02:30 pm EDT
Original Response Date: Jun 06, 2023 04:00 pm EDT
Inactive Policy: Manual
Original Inactive Date:
Sep 13, 2023
SOURCES SOUGHT: The VA Connecticut Healthcare System, West Haven Campus, located at 950 Campbell Avenue, West Haven, CT, has a requirement for a Firm Fixed Price construction contract to Upgrade Operating Room Utilities, Project Number 689-21-111, Upgrade Operating Room Utilities.
Although the emphasis is on Service Disabled Veteran Owned (SDVOSB) and Veteran Owned (VOSB) Small Business, the Government is interested in any size firm (small or large) and any socio-economic category that has the capability to perform this project in order to determine an accurate acquisition strategy.
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The requirement is to construct complete utility replacements and upgrades that meet current VA requirements for the existing OR suite with accommodations made for a future Hybrid OR. The OR Utility upgrade includes reconfiguring and modernizing approximately 6,000 square feet of existing Operating Room space including Pre-Op and Post Surgery and storage considerations for Sterile and Reusable Medical Equipment (RME). All accommodations for a future Hybrid OR will be incorporated into this project.
The project includes upgraded utilities within the Surgical suite, Sterile, RME and medical supply storage locations, mechanical spaces, and other areas required to upgrade the utilities in the surgical suite. The timeframe of this project construction is of a critical nature and complex phasing shall be included to limit the shutdown of the surgical suite to less than 60 days. Phasing will be an integral part of this project.
This is not a Request for Proposal: the purpose of this notice is to determine if there are qualified SDVOSB, VOSB and Small Businesses that have the experience for this highly specialized type of work and if such firms are interested in this procurement and if there is a set-aside opportunity.
The NAICS Code is 236220 and the small business size standard is $45 million. The PSC is Z2DA. The magnitude of construction as supplemented in accordance with VAAM 836.204 is between $10,000,000 and $20,000,000.
Interested firms should indicate their interest no later than 4:00 pm ET on 06/06/2023 via email to Contract Specialist Judith.Ruggiero@va,gov. Subject line to read Sources Sought Upgrade OR Utilities .
Please number your responses (1) through (12). Your specific response to the following items is requested. There is no page limit, however ten pages should be sufficient to describe your firm.
To qualify as interested in this project, information pertaining to the following ten (10) components must be submitted in response to this Sources Sought Notice. All firms responding must be registered in SAM.
(1) Statement of Intent that a Proposal/Bid will be submitted to the future Solicitation for this project, which said Statement of Intent shall include the company s System for Award Management Unique Entity Identifier (SAM UEI) Number and the company s Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) Number;
(2) Verification through VetBiz on the Vendor Information Pages (VIP) as a SDVOSB or VOSB under the NAICS Code of 238160, if applicable;
(3) Evidence of knowledge of the latest version of the VA Surgical and Endovascular design guides and all available guidance on the VA Technical Information Library (TIL). Not limited to, but in addition to Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC), electrical, Reusable Medical Equipment (RME) storage, Hybrid OR design standards, and the Physical Security Design Resiliency Manual. Evidence of knowledge of VA OR Boom and lights Requirements, Sterile Processing Service (SPS) directive 1116 (2) and Interim Guidance for HVAC requirements related to RME reprocessing and storage. Specific sections of the VA Master Construction Specifications, Design and Construction procedures, Standard Details and CAD standards, Design Manuals, etc. can be found via the internet at http://www.cfm.va.gov/TIL/.
(4) In accordance with the documentation in paragraph 3 regarding the VA standard of construction, evidence of successful previous experience with the construction of complex Department of Veteran Affairs Operating Rooms.
(5) In accordance with the documentation in paragraph 3 regarding the VA standard of construction, evidence of successful previous experience with the construction of complex Operating Room Integrated Ceiling Systems.
(6) In accordance with the documentation in paragraph 3 regarding the VA standard of construction, evidence of successful previous experience with the construction of complex Operating Room Booms and Lights.
(7) In accordance with the documentation in paragraph 3 regarding the VA standard of construction, evidence of successful previous experience with the construction of utilities feeding Operating Rooms including fire systems, medical gases, pneumatic tube, electrical, HVAC, water, waste, etc., and the successful construction of multi-story penthouses housing these mechanical systems.
(8) In accordance with the documentation in paragraph 3 regarding the VA standard of construction, evidence of successful previous experience with the construction of communications systems feeding Operating Rooms including patient monitoring, annunciation, nurse call, etc.
(9) Evidence of successful previous experience with construction requiring extensive phasing at a VA hospital requiring significant planning to minimize impacts to patient care.
(10) Evidence of bonding capacity over $20 million for a single project as well as your firm s aggregate construction bonding level both expressed in dollars. Include your current available bonding.
(11) Evidence of the company s ability to perform at least fifteen percent (15%) of this requirement in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 52.219-14: Limitations on Subcontracting.
(12) If responding as a joint venture, provide proof of a valid Joint by supplying the UEI and names of respective JV. (See VAAR 819.7003(c ) for Joint Venture agreements at https://www.va.gov/oal/library/vaar/vaar819.asp. Â A joint venture may be considered eligible if it meets the requirements in 13 CFR partÂ 128, and the managing joint venture partner makes the representations under paragraph (b) of this section.
All twelve (12) components must be submitted, in sufficient detail, prior to the designated deadline for a determination on available and interested SDVOSBs, VOSBs, or SBs. Failure to submit each of the twelve (12) components, as identified above, will result in a Contractor not being considered as an interested party.
This source sought is issued solely for information and planning purposes only and does not constitute a solicitation. In accordance with FAR 15.201(e), responses to this notice are not offers and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract. Responders are solely responsible for all expenses associated with responding to this notice.
Contracting Office Address
ONE VA CENTER
TOGUS , ME 04330
Secondary Point of Contact
May 15, 2023 02:30 pm EDTSources Sought (Original)