Advertisement for Bids
Owner Name: City of Claremont
Project Number: 2020-1
8 Grandview Street
Street # and name
Separate sealed BIDS for the construction of: Water Main Improvements will be received by City of Claremont at the
office of Department of Public Works, 8 Grandview Street, Claremont, NH until 2 pm Local Time on December 18, 2020
and then at said office opened and read aloud with remote attendance at the bid opening.
1. Completion time for the project will be calculated as calendar days from the date specified in the “Notice to Proceed”
calendar days for substantial completion. (Base Bid)
calendar days for final completion. (Base Bid)
Completion is for work on Ridge Avenue (Base Bid). Additional time will be allowed for Bid Add Alternate Work. Time
is based on 2021 construction.
Liquidated damages will be in the amount of $1,200, for each calendar day of delay from the date established for
substantial completion, and $1,200 for each calendar day of delay from the date established for final completion.
2. Each General Bid shall be accompanied by a Bid Security in the amount of 5% of the Total Bid Price.
3. The successful Bidder must furnish 100% Performance and Payment Bonds, and will be required to execute the
Contract Agreement within 10 days following notification of the acceptance of his Bid.
4. Any contract or contracts awarded under this Advertisement for Bids are expected to be funded in whole or in part
by: (Select all appropriate.)
A loan from the NH CWSRF.
A loan from the NH DWSRF.
A grant from the NH Drinking Water and Groundwater Trust Fund.
A State Aid Grant from the NH Department of Environmental Services (SAG).
A loan or grant from USDA Rural Development.
A Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) from the NH Community Development Finance Authority.
5. The successful Bidder on this work is required to comply with the President's Executive Order No. 11246 entitled
"Equal Employment Opportunity" as amended by Executive Order 11375, and amendments or supplements thereto,
and as supplemented in Department of Labor Regulations (41 CFR Part 60). The requirements for bidders and
contractors under this order are explained in the Information For Bidders.
6. Utilization of Minority and Women's Business Enterprises (MBEs and WBEs). The successful Bidder on this work
must demonstrate compliance with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's MBE/WBE rule in order to be
deemed a responsible bidder. The requirements for bidders and contractors covered by this rule are explained in the
Information for Bidders.
7. The successful Bidder on this work is subject to U.S. Department of Labor's Davis Bacon wage provisions.
8. The successful bidder on this work is subject to the "American Iron and Steel (AIS)" requirements of the CWSRF and
9. No Bidder may withdraw a Bid within 60 days after the actual date of opening thereof.
10. Pre-Bid Conference will be held remotely on December 8, 2020 at 2 pm.
Information for accessing the Pre Bid conference and Bid Opening remote meeting is at www.dufresnegroup.com.
The Contract Documents may be examined at the following locations:
City of Claremont Public Works, 8 Grandview Avenue, Claremont, NH 03743
Dufresne Group, 56 Main Street, Springfield, VT 05156; firstname.lastname@example.org; 802-674-2904
Copies of the Contract Documents may be obtained from Copy World, LLC (email@example.com; 603-790-8357) upon
payment of a fee of $60 per set, which will not be refunded. Partial sets will not be distributed.