|Agency:||Broadcasting Board of Governors|
|Type of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Sep 19, 2017|
|Bid Source:||Please Login to View Page|
|Contact information:||Please Login to View Page|
|Bid Documents:||Please Login to View Page|
Solicitation Number :
Notice Type :
Contract Award Date :
September 11, 2017
Contract Award Number :
Contract Award Dollar Amount :
Contractor Awarded Name :
Contractor Awarded DUNS :
Contractor Awarded Address :
Added: Jul 27, 2017 7:59 amNotice Information
Agency/Office: Office of Contracts
Location: Eurasia Office of Strategy and Development, Prague
Title: Volia Telesvit
J&A Statutory Authority: FAR 6.302-1 - Only one responsible source (except brand name)
In accordance with FAR Subpart 6.302-1 entitled - Only One Responsible Source and No Other Supplies or Services Will Satisfy Agency Requirements - the following information is herein documented regarding the non-competitive justification of the below-cited acquisition:
1. The Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG) intends to award a contract to Volia Telesvit for promotion of Current Time in Ukraine. This document is a "Justification for Other Than Full and Open Competition" (JOFOC).
2. The action being approved herein is a non-competitive procurement of services required to meet the Agency's need to promote Current Time in Ukraine. The placement of this agreement is vital to meet the ever-expanding requirements of the BBG's global broadcasting mission.
3. The supplies/services required to meet BBG's needs are only available from Volia Telesvit. The estimated cost for this procurement is $97,000.
4. Per FAR Subpart 6.302-1, 41 U.S.C.253(c)(1) is the statutory authority permitting other than full and open competition for this acquisition, and it is herein cited as follows: When the supplies or services by the agency are available from "Only one responsible source and no other supplies or services will satisfy agency requirements, full and open competition need not be provided for."
5. The nature of the proposed acquisition requires these unique services to be provided by Volia Telesvit in order to ensure that audience in the country where the Government discourages private FM Channels from broadcasting foreign content is able to listen and /or to see broadcast that clearly present the policies of the United States. This will allow the BBG to provide unbiased information to the audience in Ukraine. The Office of Strategy and Development (OSD) herein certifies that this is the only vendor that can meet BBG's requirement. The Agency's broadcasting priorities to this area would not be fulfilled if news broadcasting did not continue seamlessly to Ukraine.
6. The Contracting Officer, with the OSD Authorized Contracting Officer Representative (COR) for this procurement, determined that the anticipated cost of $97,000 to the Government will be fair and reasonable.
7. It has been determined that Volia Telesvit is the only vendor capable of providing the required services
8. Any other facts supporting the use of other than full and open competition: None
9. Due to the nature of this justification, no actions are planned to overcome barriers to competition at this time, as all available avenues have been explored without success of locating a competitor for this requirement. We continue to conduct market research to identify potential broadcasters within the region.
10. I certify that this justification for other than full and open competition for the above-stated acquisition is accurate and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Contracting Office Address :
100 00 Prague 10, Non-U.S.
Place of Performance :
Primary Point of Contact. :
Director, OSD Prague
Secondary Point of Contact :
|Jul 28, 2017||[Special Notice] Volia - Current Time advertising|
|Sep 15, 2017||[Special Notice] Volia - Current Time advertising|