CITY OF WORCESTER
ROOM 201 – 455 MAIN STREET
PHONE (508) 799-1220
SEALED BID INVITATION
(Supplies, Material, Equipment, Services)
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
BID NO. 7667-W2
DATE: September 2, 2021
CITY OF WORCESTER
Christopher J. Gagliastro, MCPPO
BUYER: Christopher J. Gagliastro
Bidders must state and identify the product offered, such as manufacturer’s name, trade name, brand name and quality next to each item. WE MUST KNOW WHAT HAS
BEEN OFFERED. By virtue of the offeror’s signature below, proposer certifies that the product (s) or service (s) bid are in compliance with the City’s terms, conditions
and specifications in all aspects.
COMPLETE ORIGINAL COPY (including ALL pages) OF THIS BID MUST BE SUBMITTED IN A SEALED ENVELOPE:
SEPTEMBER 29, 2021
Purchasing Division, Room 201, City Hall, Worcester, Massachusetts
TIME: 10:00 A.M. LOCAL TIME
MARK SEALED ENVELOPE: "Sealed Bid No. 7667-W2 Vehicles (Chevrolet Equinox) / I.S."
The name and address of the bidder must appear in the upper left hand corner of the envelope. The City of Worcester is not
responsible for bids not properly marked.
All bids received will be publicly opened and read in the Bid Room, City Hall at date and time shown above. NO BID WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER
TIME AND DATE SPECIFIED
BIDDER TO COMPLETE ITEMS BELOW
Model Unit Price Total Price
New, Model Year 2021 or 2022 Chevrolet Equinox LS Chevy Equinox $________ $_________
Compact SUV per the attached specifications and
requirements of the City of Worcester Inspectional
Bidders must provide price for all five vehicles.
Questions pertaining to this bid must be directed to
Christopher Gagliastro via e-mail at
ABOVE ARE FOR (DEPT.) ____INSPECTIONAL SERVICES___________________ BIDDER __________________________________________________________________
DELIVERY TO BE F.O.B. (LOCATION) 25 MEADE STREET, WORCESTER, MA ADDRESS _________________________________________________________________
OR 29 ALBANY STREET – AS DETERMINED BY DEPARTMENT
DELIVERY IS REQUIRED BY: (DATE) A.S.A.P. _____
BIDDER TO SPECIFY:
DELIVER __________ DAYS FROM DATE OF ORDER __________________
AUTHORIZED SIGNATURE ________________________________________________
TITLE _____________________________________ TEL.: ________________________
PROMPT PAY DISCOUNT: __________ % 30 DAYS, NET 45 DAYS
FORM 30B (Sealed Bid Goods)-11-07 10:00 A.M. Page No. 1
1) Prompt pay discounts will be considered when determining the low bid except when discounts are for a period of less than 30
days. In this event discounts will not be taken into consideration when determining low bid.
2) Time, in connection with discount offered, will be computed from date of completion and/or delivery and acceptance at
destination, or from date correct bill or voucher properly certified by the contractor is received if the latter date is later than the
date of completion and acceptance and/or delivery and acceptance.
3) As the City of Worcester is exempt from the payment of Federal Excise Taxes, and Massachusetts Sales Tax, prices quoted
herein are not to include these taxes.
4) All prices are to be firm F.O.B. Delivered Destination, City of Worcester, Massachusetts, unless otherwise indicated by
the City. Time reserved for award is ninety days.
5) In case of error in the extension prices quoted herein, the unit price will govern.
6) It is understood and agreed that should any price reductions occur between the opening of this bid and completion of any
delivery of any order, the benefit of all such reductions will be extended to the City.
7) The City of Worcester reserves the right to reject any and all bids, wholly or in part, and to make awards in a manner deemed in
the best interest of the City.
8) Awards will be made to the bidder quoting the lowest net price in accordance with specifications.
9) The bidder to who a contract is awarded guarantees to the City of Worcester all equipment, materials and/or workmanship for a
period of one (1) year after final inspection and acceptance and shall replace promptly any defective equipment, materials and/or
workmanship required without additional cost to the City.
10) It is understood and agreed that in the event of failure on the part of the bidder to indicate date of delivery and/or completion,
delivery and/or completion will be made within twelve (12) days from date of purchase.
11) The Bidder must certify that no official or employee of the City of Worcester, Massachusetts is pecuniarily interested in this
quotation or in the contract which the bidder offers to execute or in expected profits to arise therefrom, unless there has been
compliance with provisions of G.L. C.43 Sec. 27, and that this quotation is made in good faith without fraud or collusion or
connection with any other person submitting a quotation.
12) This inquiry implies no obligation on the part of the buyer, City of Worcester, Mass. Quotations will not be considered unless
returned on this form. Your proposal should be forwarded to the office of the Purchasing Department, City of Worcester in a
sealed envelope, plainly marked: "Quotation on (item requested)" - also, please show Bid Number.
13) It is understood and agreed that it shall be a material breach of any contract resulting from this bid for the Contractor to engage in
any practice which shall violate any provisions of Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 151B, relative to discrimination in
hiring, discharge, compensation, or terms, conditions or privileges of employment because of race, color, religious creed,
national origin, sex, age or ancestry.
14) Any prospective bidder requesting a change in or interpretation of existing specifications of terms and conditions must do so
within five (5) days (Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays excluded) BEFORE scheduled bid opening date. All requests are to be in
writing (e-mailed to email@example.com) to the Purchasing Department. No changes will be considered or any
interpretation issued unless request is in our hands within five (5) days (Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays excluded) BEFORE
scheduled bid opening date.
15) Bids which are incomplete, not properly endorsed, or signed, or otherwise contrary to these instructions may be rejected as
informal by the Purchasing Agent. CONDITIONAL BIDS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
FORM 30B (Sealed Bid Goods)-11-07 10:00 A.M. Page No. 2
CERTIFICATE OF GOOD FAITH FORM AS REQUIRED BY M.G.L. c. 30B
UNDER MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL LAWS, CHAPTER 30B: SECTION 10, THE FOLLOWING
CERTIFICATION MUST BE PROVIDED:
A person submitting a bid or a proposal for the procurement or disposal of supplies, or services
to any governmental body shall certify in writing, on the bid or proposal, as follows:
" The undersigned certifies under penalties of perjury that this bid or proposal has been made and submitted in good faith and
without collusion or fraud with any other person. As used in this certification, the word "person" shall mean any natural person,
business, partnership, corporation, union, committee, club, or other organization, entity, or group of individuals."
(Please Print) ______________________________________
Name of Person Signing Bid
Signature of Person Signing Bid
No award will be made without vendor certification of the above.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO BIDDERS:
BIDDERS ARE ADVISED NOT TO TAKE ANY EXCEPTIONS TO THE CITY’S TERMS &
BIDS THAT INCLUDE COMPANY TERMS & CONDITIONS WHICH CONFLICT WITH THOSE
OF THE CITY MAY BE REJECTED.
• Bid results will be available on our website as soon as possible following due date. Please go to
www.worcesterma.gov to obtain this information.
FORM 30B (Sealed Bid Goods)-11-07 10:00 A.M. Page No. 3
SPECIFICATIONS – NEW, 2021 or 2022 CHEVROLET EQUINOX / I.S.
BID #: 7667-W2
Item # 1:
CHEVROLET EQUINOX LS COMPACT SUV – 2021 or 2022 MODEL (no substitutions allowed)
• Exterior color: White
• Interior color: Black or grey, standard cloth
• Power windows and door locks
• Air conditioning
• 1.5 L 4 cylinder engine
• Remote starter
• Two additional fob/key
• Floor mats front and rear
• Delivery as soon as possible, but not later than April 1, 2022 – bidder to indicate on
The City of Worcester reserves the right to verify that the price received is “fair and reasonable”.
Vendor certifies that the price offered is no more than that of other similar customers.
YES: _____________ Signature:__________________________________
FORM 30B (Sealed Bid Goods)-11-07 10:00 A.M. Page No. 4