CITY OF WORCESTER
ROOM 201 – 455 MAIN STREET
PHONE (508) 799-1220
SEALED BID INVITATION
(Supplies, Material, Equipment, Services)
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
BID NO. 7919-W3
DATE: October 20, 2022
CITY OF WORCESTER
Christopher J. Gagliastro, MCPPO
BUYER: Christopher J. Gagliastro
Bidders must state and identify the product offered, such as manufacturer’s name, trade name, brand name and quality next to each item. WE MUST KNOW WHAT HAS
BEEN OFFERED. By virtue of the offeror’s signature below, proposer certifies that the product (s) or service (s) bid are in compliance with the City’s terms, conditions
and specifications in all aspects.
COMPLETE ORIGINAL COPY (including ALL pages) OF THIS BID MUST BE SUBMITTED IN A SEALED ENVELOPE:
NOVEMBER 16, 2022
Purchasing Division, Room 201, City Hall, Worcester, Massachusetts
TIME: 10:00 A.M. LOCAL TIME
MARK SEALED ENVELOPE: "Sealed Bid No. 7919-W3 Rigid Hull Inflatable Police Boat / WPD"
The name and address of the bidder must appear in the upper left hand corner of the envelope. The City of Worcester is not
responsible for bids not properly marked.
All bids received will be publicly opened and read in the Bid Room, City Hall at date and time shown above. NO BID WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER
TIME AND DATE SPECIFIED
BIDDER TO COMPLETE ITEMS BELOW
Unit / Total
Furnish and deliver a new rigid hull inflatable police
boat & trailer with accessories and equipment as per __________ ___________
the attached specifications and requirements of the
City of Worcester Police Department
Questions pertaining to this bid MUST be directed to
Christopher Gagliastro via e-mail at
ABOVE ARE FOR (DEPT.) ____ WPD_____________
DELIVERY TO BE F.O.B. (LOCATION) 9-11 LINCOLN SQUARE, WORCESTER, ADDRESS _________________________________________________________________
DELIVERY IS REQUIRED BY: (DATE) within 120 days after receipt of order (ARO) STATE _____________
BIDDER TO SPECIFY:
DELIVER __________ DAYS FROM DATE OF ORDER __________________
AUTHORIZED SIGNATURE ________________________________________________
TITLE _____________________________________ TEL.: ________________________
PROMPT PAY DISCOUNT: __________ % 30 DAYS, NET 45 DAYS
FORM 30B (Sealed Bid Goods)-11-07 10:00 A.M. Page No. 1
1) Prompt pay discounts will be considered when determining the low bid except when discounts are for a period of less than 30
days. In this event discounts will not be taken into consideration when determining low bid.
2) Time, in connection with discount offered, will be computed from date of completion and/or delivery and acceptance at
destination, or from date correct bill or voucher properly certified by the contractor is received if the latter date is later than the
date of completion and acceptance and/or delivery and acceptance.
3) As the City of Worcester is exempt from the payment of Federal Excise Taxes, and Massachusetts Sales Tax, prices quoted
herein are not to include these taxes.
4) All prices are to be firm F.O.B. Delivered Destination, City of Worcester, Massachusetts, unless otherwise indicated by
the City. Time reserved for award is ninety days.
5) In case of error in the extension prices quoted herein, the unit price will govern.
6) It is understood and agreed that should any price reductions occur between the opening of this bid and completion of any
delivery of any order, the benefit of all such reductions will be extended to the City.
7) The City of Worcester reserves the right to reject any and all bids, wholly or in part, and to make awards in a manner deemed in
the best interest of the City.
8) Awards will be made to the bidder quoting the lowest net price in accordance with specifications.
9) The bidder to who a contract is awarded guarantees to the City of Worcester all equipment, materials and/or workmanship for a
period of one (1) year after final inspection and acceptance and shall replace promptly any defective equipment, materials and/or
workmanship required without additional cost to the City.
10) It is understood and agreed that in the event of failure on the part of the bidder to indicate date of delivery and/or completion,
delivery and/or completion will be made within twelve (12) days from date of purchase.
11) The Bidder must certify that no official or employee of the City of Worcester, Massachusetts is pecuniarily interested in this
quotation or in the contract which the bidder offers to execute or in expected profits to arise therefrom, unless there has been
compliance with provisions of G.L. C.43 Sec. 27, and that this quotation is made in good faith without fraud or collusion or
connection with any other person submitting a quotation.
12) This inquiry implies no obligation on the part of the buyer, City of Worcester, Mass. Quotations will not be considered unless
returned on this form. Your proposal should be forwarded to the office of the Purchasing Department, City of Worcester in a
sealed envelope, plainly marked: "Quotation on (item requested)" - also, please show Bid Number.
13) It is understood and agreed that it shall be a material breach of any contract resulting from this bid for the Contractor to engage in
any practice which shall violate any provisions of Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 151B, relative to discrimination in
hiring, discharge, compensation, or terms, conditions or privileges of employment because of race, color, religious creed,
national origin, sex, age or ancestry.
14) Any prospective bidder requesting a change in or interpretation of existing specifications of terms and conditions must do so
within five (5) days (Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays excluded) BEFORE scheduled bid opening date. All requests are to be in
writing (e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org) to the Purchasing Department. No changes will be considered or any
interpretation issued unless request is in our hands within five (5) days (Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays excluded) BEFORE
scheduled bid opening date.
15) Bids which are incomplete, not properly endorsed, or signed, or otherwise contrary to these instructions may be rejected as
informal by the Purchasing Agent. CONDITIONAL BIDS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
FORM 30B (Sealed Bid Goods)-11-07 10:00 A.M. Page No. 2
CERTIFICATE OF GOOD FAITH FORM AS REQUIRED BY M.G.L. c. 30B
UNDER MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL LAWS, CHAPTER 30B: SECTION 10, THE FOLLOWING
CERTIFICATION MUST BE PROVIDED:
A person submitting a bid or a proposal for the procurement or disposal of supplies, or services
to any governmental body shall certify in writing, on the bid or proposal, as follows:
" The undersigned certifies under penalties of perjury that this bid or proposal has been made and submitted in good faith and
without collusion or fraud with any other person. As used in this certification, the word "person" shall mean any natural person,
business, partnership, corporation, union, committee, club, or other organization, entity, or group of individuals."
(Please Print) ______________________________________
Name of Person Signing Bid
Signature of Person Signing Bid
No award will be made without vendor certification of the above.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO BIDDERS:
BIDDERS ARE ADVISED NOT TO TAKE ANY EXCEPTIONS TO THE CITY’S TERMS &
BIDS THAT INCLUDE COMPANY TERMS & CONDITIONS WHICH CONFLICT WITH THOSE
OF THE CITY MAY BE REJECTED.
FORM 30B (Sealed Bid Goods)-11-07 10:00 A.M. Page No. 3
SPECIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS – RIGID HULL INFLATABLE POLICE BOAT / WPD
BID #: 7919-W3
• Furnish and deliver a rigid hull inflatable police boat & trailer per below
o 20 – 22’ Rigid Hull Inflatable Police Boat
o 150 Horse power 4 stroke Outboard Motor
o SimRod Go 7 (7”)
o Aluminum T Tops with heavy duty supports
o Fiberglass console
o Fiberglass Bolster
o Master key lock box – built into console
o Blue Tooth radio with speakers
o 1670 dtex Hypalon / Neoprene tubes
o Double EPDM Flat rubstrake
o Five over pressure valves
o Aluminum centerline beaching shoe, running full length of the hull
o Stainless steel propeller
o LED Light bar
o LED Flood Lights
o 12 volt outlet
o Battery Maintainer / Charger
o LE lights and Siren system
o Low profile blue strobe
o Either Blue or Black colored Tubes
o Bunk Trailer with brakes and jack
OTHER CONDITIONS / INFORMATION
• Specifications are minimum standards.
• Bidders are requested to include photos or product literature of boat, motor & trailer being
• Boat must be delivered to Worcester Police not later than 120 days after receipt of
FORM 30B (Sealed Bid Goods)-11-07 10:00 A.M. Page No. 4