371 NC 65, Suite 209
Wentworth, NC 27375
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
SOLID WASTE COLLECTION AND DISPOSAL SERVICES
RFP # 2011
Rockingham County is now accepting proposals for Solid Waste Collection and Disposal
Services for several governmental facilities.
The requirements for submitting a proposal are stated in this Request for Proposal. Companies
interested in submitting a proposal for providing this service may obtain detailed instructions and
specifications from the Purchasing Office, Rockingham County Governmental Center, 371 NC
Hwy 65, Reidsville NC 27320 (336) 342-8111.
All proposals are due in the Rockingham County Purchasing Office, Governmental Center, 371
NC Hwy 65, Suite 209, Reidsville NC 27320 (mailing address: PO Box 41, Wentworth, NC
27375), no later than 2:00 pm on Monday, March 9th, 2020.
Rockingham County invites and encourages participations in this procurement process by
minority-owned businesses, women-owned businesses and business owned by disabled persons.
Rockingham County reserves the right to reject any or all proposals submitted, to waive
technicalities and informalities in bidding, and to accept a proposal other than the lowest
submitted if such is in the best interest of the County.
Rockingham County Purchasing
Page | 1
SECTION I. INSTRUCTIONS TO BIDDERS
1. Purpose: This package serves as official notice that Rockingham County is
soliciting proposals for Solid Waste Pick-Up and Disposal Services for multiple
locations for governmental facilities (see Section II, page 3).
2. Proposal/Bid Form: Proposals shall be submitted on the attached form.
3. Official Signature: An authorized official/person acknowledging full
understanding of the information contained in this RFP must sign the
4. Submittal of Bids/Proposals: All Proposals shall be submitted on the enclosed
forms and must be received by the Purchasing Office no later than 2:00pm on
Wednesday, March 9th, 2020.
Proposals received after the deadline will not be considered. Proposals will not be
made available to inspect or copy until any and all issues have been resolved.
5. Specifications: The specifications attached represent the minimum quality and
frequency for this service. These requirements are intended for the protection of
all bidders and to insure, if possible, that all bids submitted shall be upon a fair
and comparable basis and that prices submitted shall not be subject to correction
or alteration. They are not intended to eliminate competition.
6. Questions: All questions and inquiries regarding the RFP should be directed to:
Ashley Herndon at email@example.com or Amanda Crumpler at
7. Visual Inspection: Appointments to inspect the locations can be made by calling
Ashley Herndon at (336) 342-8371. A visual inspection is not mandatory for
8. Insurance Requirements: Contractor shall furnish a Certificate of Insurance
from an insurance company licensed to do business in the State of North Carolina
and acceptable to the County with the following limits:
Workers’ Compensation= Statutory Requirement
Comprehensive General Liability= $1,000,000
Automobile Liability= $1,000,000
The County shall not issue a Notice to Proceed until Contractor has submitted
acceptable insurance certificate(s).
9. Safety: Contractor shall be in complete compliance with OSHA requirements and
10. Term: The term of this contract is for one (3) year consecutive term. The County
shall have the option to renew/extend contract for two (2) consecutive one (1)
11. References: Must provide at least 3 references. Contractors must include the
following: company name, company address, a contact person, contact phone
number and email.
Page | 2
12. Rejection: Rockingham County reserves the right to reject any or all proposals
submitted, to waive technicalities or informalities in bidding, and to accept a
proposal other than the lowest submitted if such action is in the best interest of the
SECTION II. SCOPE OF SERVICES
Requirements for Solid Waste Pick-up and Disposal Services for County
Building Dumpsters and Recycling Containers and Landfill Recycling
A. The Contractor shall provide solid waste pick-up and disposal services to
Rockingham County Buildings as follows:
1. Furnish all equipment, tools, and labor or pick-up, dump and dispose of
waste material in the specified County-owned dumpster containers.
Equipment shall be commercial front end loader waste disposal trucks for
servicing standard 4-yard and 8-yard dumpster containers.
2. Provide pick-up, hauling and disposal per the following schedule:
ONCE Weekly for:
Veterans & Family Services
Economic Development Center
Western EMS Base
250 Cherokee Camp
Reidsville, NC 27320
150 Hwy 65 Reidsville,
1086 Hwy 65 Reidsville,
371 Hwy 65 Reidsville,
525 Hwy 65 Reidsville,
170 Hwy 65 Reidsville,
405 Hwy 65 Reidsville,
425 Hwy 65 Reidsville,
369 County Home Rd
Reidsville, NC 27320
6993 Hwy 135
Mayodan, NC 27027
216 Justice Center Dr
Page | 3
Reidsville, NC 27320
342F Cherokee Camp
Reidsville, NC 27320
TWICE Weekly for:
371 Hwy 65 Reidsville, NC
170 Hwy 65 Reidsville, NC
TOTAL DUMPSTERS: 8 Yard= 9
4 Yard= 5
3. Service County dumpster containers with care and diligence so as to avoid
spillage of solid waste material, damage to the containers or the container
location and surrounding area, and reimburse County for repair of container
area resulting from negligence or improper methods of emptying containers.
4. Report to the County Engineering and Public Utilities Office any
circumstances that may preclude the performance of the services as
5. Arrange an acceptable time and schedule with the County for performing this
6. Invoice County once per month for total cost of services performed for the
previous month. Invoice emailed to Ashley Herndon at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Invoice must list each building and service
7. Allow the County to add containers to the contract, at the same cubic yard
rate, which are within the immediate service area.
8. Provide extra pick-up of containers upon request within 24 hours’ notice at
the same cost for 4-yd and 8-yd containers.
B. The services to be provided shall include containers, transportation and
marketing, as per the following specifications:
1. Dispose of solid waste removed from the specified containers at the
Rockingham County Landfill, 281 Shuff Rd, Madison, NC 27025.
2. Contractor shall provide assistance in orientation and placement of
containers to assure proper service of containers.
Page | 4
The County will provide access to County property at the arranged
time and schedule for pick-up of waste.
Assure that solid waste material from County Containers is free of
waste materials that are unacceptable for disposal in a permitted
municipal solid waste disposal facility.
Provide timely payment of the cost of services upon receipt of the
monthly invoice and verification of services performed.
County will provide a representative for contact on problems,
concerns and contamination of materials.
County will have site monitored, as feasible, to limit or prevent
vandalism and contamination of containers or materials.
Page | 5