|Agency:||DEPT OF DEFENSE|
|Type of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Jun 27, 2020|
|Due Date:||Jul 10, 2020|
|Bid Source:||Please Login to View Page|
|Contact information:||Please Login to View Page|
|Bid Documents:||Please Login to View Page|
Project Title: Sims Bayou Harvey Repairs, Harris County, Texas
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Galveston District has a requirement for the above subject. THIS IS A NOTICE FOR SOURCES SOUGHT ONLY. THIS ANNOUNCEMENT SEEKS INFORMATION FROM INDUSTRY, WHICH WILL BE USED FOR PRELIMINARY PLANNING PURPOSES. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL OR INVITATION FOR BID. THERE IS NO BID PACKAGE, SOLICITATION, SPECIFICATION OR DRAWINGS AVAILABLE WITH THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. IT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A PROCUREMENT COMMITMENT BY THE US ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. NO CONTRACT WILL BE AWARDED FROM THIS SOURCES SOUGHT ANNOUNCEMENT. REPONSE IS STRICTLY VOLUNTARY; NO REIMBURSEMENT WILL BE MADE FOR ANY COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH PROVIDING INFORMATION IN RESPONSE TO THIS SOURCES SOUGHT ANNOUNCEMENT OR ANY FOLLOW-UP INFORMATION REQUESTS.
The proposed project will result in a firm-fixed price, Designed-Bid-Build contract. The government intends to issue a solicitation; however, the results and analysis of the market research will finalize the determination of procurement method. The type of set-aside, if any, decision to be issued will depend upon the capabilities of the responses to this synopsis.
The purpose of this sources sought announcement is to gain knowledge of interest, capabilities and qualifications of various members of industry, to include the small business community: Small Business (SB), 8(a) Small Business Development Program, Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUB-Zone), Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB). The Government must ensure there is adequate competition among the potential pool of responsible contractors. Small business, Section 8(a), HUBZone, WOSB, and SDVOSB businesses are highly encouraged to participate.
Small Businesses are reminded under FAR 52.219-14, Limitations on Subcontracting, they must perform at least 25% of the cost of the contract, not including the cost of materials, with their own employees for general construction-type procurement.
Should the acquisition be set-aside for the 8(a) program, 8(a) firms are reminded they need to have a bona fide office in the geographical area of consideration where the work is to be performed as determined by SBA.
1. This project will entail repairs of bayou side slope failures and placement of erosion protection. All soil materials located within slope failures will be removed and new material will be put in place according to U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) standards. Existing riprap and channel erosion protection that do not meet USACE graduation requirements will be removed and all riprap shoreline protection cross sections will be restored to pre-storm conditions. Soil and stone removed from this area will be disposed of properly. All of these areas were damaged by the effects of Hurricane Harvey. This project will repair the damages and provide additional protection from future weathering. The anticipated length of construction is approximately 210 days. This time length is anticipated due to site constraints and work being located in a major metropolitan area. Please see Attachment-1 for more information.
2. Completion Time: Estimate duration is approximately 210 calendar days. If the contractor fails to complete the work within the time specified, the contractor shall pay liquidated damages to the Government in the amount of $2005.00 for each calendar day of delay until the work is completed or accepted.
3. Estimated magnitude for this effort is between $500,000.00 and $1,000,000.00.
4. NAICS Code 237990, Other Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction, Dredging.
5. SB Size Standard is $36.5M for construction.
6. PSC Code: Z222
7. Bonding Requirements: The Contractor will be required to provide the Performance and Payment Bonds within 5 calendar day after award. The contractor shall begin work within 10 calendar days after acknowledgement of the Notice to Proceed.
8. Questions concerning this Sources Sought should be emailed to the Contract Specialist, Ms Ronalda Burton at email@example.com
9. Anticipated solicitation issuance date is on or about 04 February 2020, and the estimated proposal due date will be on or about 04 March 2020. The official Synopsis citing the solicitation number will be issued on Federal Business Opportunities www.fbo.gov and inviting firms to register electronically to receive a copy of the solicitation when it is issued.
Prior Government contract work is not required for submitting a response under this sources sought synopsis. However, all construction performance must be in compliance with the USACE Safety and Health Requirements Manual, (EM 385 1-1, and must also comply with all Federal, State and local laws, ordinances, codes and/or regulations).
FIRMS RESPONSE SHALL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
1. Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) & Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) (This information can be obtained from your System for Award Management (SAM) Registration at www.sam.gov ).
2. Name of firm w/address, phone, e-mail address, and point of contact.
3. State if your company is a Small Business, SBA Certified 8(a) firm, HUBZone Small Business, or Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business. Proof of Small Business Administration (SBA) registration for 8(a), HUBZone Small Business and Woman-Owned Small Business shall be provided as part of your documentation.
4. Firm's Bonding Capability (bonding level per contract and aggregate bonding level, both expressed in dollars, via letter from the bonding company).
5. Indicate whether your firm will submit a bid for this project if set-aside for Small Business, 8(a), HUBZone Small Business, Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business or Woman-Owned Small Business.
6. Provide information on the most recent up to five projects that demonstrate experience as a Prime Contractor of your firm's capability to perform a contract of this magnitude and complexity. Incorporate a brief description of the project, contract number, customer's name and phone number, timeline of performance, customer satisfaction and dollar value of the project.
7. Firm's Joint Venture information if applicable - existing and potential.
Firms responding to this sources sought announcement, who fail to provide ALL of the required information requested, will not be used to help the Government make the acquisition decision, which is the intent of this sources sought announcement.
If you can meet all of the requirements for this project, please respond to this sources sought announcement by uploading your response to FBO.gov not later than the response date and time indicated in this announcement.
Sources Sought Notice - FBO is transitioning to the SAM beta site. You may access FBO.gov at https://www.fbo.gov on or before 7 November 2019 and upload responses on or after 12 November at https://beta.sam.gov/.
If the SAM Beta website is NOT accessible, email responses to Ronalda Burton at: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the due date.
NO HARDCOPY OR FACSIMILE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
THIS SOURCES SOUGHT CLOSES ON 15 November 2019 at 1400 CST.
|Nov 6, 2019||[Sources Sought] Sims Bayou Harvey Repairs, Harris County, Texas|
With Free Trial, you can:
You will have a full access to bids, website, and receive daily bid report via email and web.
38--Toolcat Active Contract Opportunity Notice ID 012020 Related Notice Department/Ind. Agency DEPT OF
DEPT OF DEFENSE
Bid Due: 8/14/2020
request start date end date 20-0211: ITB Excavator With Bucket Aug. 5, 2020
City of Fort Worth
Bid Due: 8/27/2020
Bid Number: Asset# 505 Bid Title: Sale of Surplus: John Deer Extend-A-Hoe Backhoe
City of Wichita Falls
Bid Due: 8/11/2020
bid no bid description department date due buyer email I03580 Parts for 2017
City of Houston
Bid Due: 8/17/2020