SPECIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
SCOPE OF WORK
This proposal is intended to provide Pflugerville Independent School District (known herein as Pflugerville ISD
or the district), Pflugerville, Texas, with district requirements for Flooring and Installation Services,
delivered, assembled, maintained, or installed (when applicable), in accordance with specifications and
conditions embodied within this inquiry. Quantities, where listed, are to be considered estimated needs only.
Pflugerville ISD reserves the right to purchase less than, or additional items as needed.
This RFP may be awarded to multiple vendors.
All proposals may be submitted until 2:00 pm CST, Wednesday, August 19, 2020 to the Purchasing
Department, Pflugerville ISD, 1401 West Pecan Street, Pflugerville, Texas 78660, after which time the
proposals will be publicly acknowledged.
This proposal is prepared as a request for proposal and will not be publicly read aloud. After the proposal is
awarded, tabulations may be requested.
Proposals are to be sealed and clearly marked “Flooring and Installation Services”, on the outside of the
Vendors shall submit one (1) original, and one (1) identical copy of their response.
Proposals are to be sealed and clearly labeled and must include the proposal title, proposal number,
due date and time of opening. Failure to follow these instructions may result in rejection of proposal.
The State of Texas does not employ a resident preference; however, it does employ a reciprocity rule. Offerors
whose principal place of business is located in a state which gives preference to residents are subject to the
same restriction when submitting an offer with an entity of the State of Texas.
The deadline for submitting questions is 12:00 pm CST, August 10, 2020. Questions should be submitted
by email to Sylvia.email@example.com. Answers to questions shall be made public by addenda to be posted
on the district’s website by the end of business on August 11, 2020 at 4:30 pm. Answers shall be posted
Questions will not be accepted by phone. Pflugerville ISD will only respond to questions submitted as
11. The following timeline will be used for this Request for Proposal:
July 31, 2020
Vendor Questions Due
August 10, 2020 @ 12:00 pm
Answers Posted by
August 11, 2020 @ 4:30 pm
School Board Meeting
August 19, 2020 @ 2:00 pm
September 17, 2020
September 18, 2020 (anticipated)
PRE-BID CONFERENCE & SITE VISITS
There will be no pre-bid conference.
PERMITS AND LICENSES
Contractors should be fully permitted and licensed to complete all work required. Copies of all applicable
permits and licenses should be provided with your proposal response.
Bid, Payment, and Performance bonds will not be required for this project.
AWARD OF CONTRACT(S)
It is the intent of Pflugerville ISD to award multiple contracts to fulfill the requirements of this RFP. It is the
district’s intent to purchase required items and services as scheduled and on an as needed basis.
The initial contract term shall begin upon approval by the Pflugerville ISD Board of Trustees (if contract value
exceeds $25,000) and shall end on August 31, 2020. If Board approval is not required, the contract shall
begin upon approval by the District’s Director of Purchasing.
The following criteria shall be used in evaluation (total of 100 points possible):
(1) the purchase price; (1-25)
(2) the reputation of the vendor and of the vendor’s goods or services; (1-10)
(3) the quality of the vendor’s goods or services; (1-15)
(4) the extent to which the goods or services meet district’s needs; (1-20)
(5) the vendor’s past relationship with the district; (1-10)
(6) the impact on the ability of the district to comply with laws and rules relating to historically
underutilized businesses; (1-5)
(7) the total long-term cost to the district to acquire the vendor’s goods or services; (1-15) and
(8) any other relevant factor specifically listed in the request for bids or proposals. (0)
(9) for a contract that is not for goods and services related to telecommunications and
information services, building construction and maintenance, or instructional materials, whether the vendor
or the vendor’s ultimate parent company or majority owner has its principal place of business in the state or
employs at least 500 persons in this state; (0)
RENEWAL OF CONTRACTS
The contract comes with four (4) additional one (1) year renewal options if both parties agree. Renewal
terms will run from August 31 through July 31 of the following year.
If this contract has renewal options, renewal notices will be posted on the district’s website located
at http://cms.pfisd.net/Page/259. Notices may not be sent directly to vendors.
It is the responsibility of each vendor to notify Pflugerville ISD of intent to change pricing, make other contract
changes, or terminate the contract at least thirty (30) days prior to the end of each annual contract term.
SPECIFICATIONS & SCOPE OF WORK
21. The awarded vendor will be expected to provide Goods and/or Services as specified within this document.
Proposing vendors may use additional pages, and submit additional information as needed.
22. Pflugerville ISD is soliciting proposals from qualified vendors for the purpose of providing Flooring and
Installation Services to be provided at various times throughout the year.
STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
FACTS, STATISTICS, AND DEFINITIONS
1. Pflugerville ISD (also referred to as “the district” or “PfISD”)
currently has approximately 25, 400 students and operates
twenty-one elementary schools with grades Pre-K through grade
five; six middle schools with grades 6-8; four high schools with
grades 9–12 and two alternative campuses. Other District facilities
include Administration, Support Services, Technology, and
2. Throughout the standard terms and conditions, the district will
make use of the term “bid”. Use of this term should be considered
descriptive and is intended to reference all procurement options
currently used by the district. This includes bids, sealed
proposals, requests for proposals, requests for qualifications and
formal quotes. The terms and conditions contained herein apply
to all procurement methods the district may use.
3. Vendors must include the properly executed bid forms,
attachments and addenda as specified in the bid documents.
Responses that do not include all requested information may be
4. All prices and quotations must be typed or written in ink. Mistakes
may be crossed out and the correction inserted adjacently,
corrections must be initialed. In case of calculation errors, unit
price shall govern.
5. It is understood that quantities, where listed, are to be considered
estimated needs only. Pflugerville ISD reserves the right to
increase or decrease quantities ordered as needed.
6. Bids are to be sealed and clearly labeled as “original” or “copy”
and must include the bid number, bid title, due date and time of
opening. Failure to follow these instructions may result in rejection
7. PFLUGERVILLE ISD WILL NOT ACCEPT LATE, FAXED OR
EMAILED, BIDS. PFLUGERVILLE ISD IS NOT
RESPONSIBLE FOR BID DELIVERED INCORRECTLY OR
MISPLACED BIDS. THE DATE/TIME STAMP IN THE
PFLUGERVILLE ISD PURCHASING OFFICE SHALL BE THE
OFFICIAL TIME OF RECEIPT.
8. All bids shall be deemed final. No offer shall be subject to
correction or amendment for errors or miscalculations after the bid
deadline. Bids may be withdrawn or amended until the date and
time due, at which time they become the sole property of
Pflugerville Independent School District.
9. Pflugerville ISD reserves the right to request additional or
clarifying information after the bid response has been submitted.
This information may be used to further evaluate the response or
qualify overall cost associated with a proposed solution.
10. Any problems or discrepancies that are discovered in relation to
this bid process should be directed to the PfISD Director of
Purchasing for a determination or clarification prior to the bid due
date. If the vendor fails to make such request, no excuse will
thereafter be entertained for failure to carry out the work in a
11. If any of the information is considered to be confidential or a trade
secret belonging to the vendor and, if released would give
advantage to a competitor or vendor, that information should be
filed with the submittal in a separate envelope marked
“CONFIDENTIAL - DO NOT DUPLICATE WITHOUT
PERMISSION”. Acceptance of such materials does not constitute
an admission by PfISD that the materials are confidential or a
trade secret. (Government Code, Article 252.049)
12. Samples, if applicable or when requested, shall be furnished at no
cost to Pflugerville ISD. If not destroyed during the evaluation,
samples will be returned to the bidder upon request at the bidder’s
expense. If no return request is received within seven (7) days of
bid award, the sample may be destroyed.
13. Bidders are expected to fully inform themselves as to the
conditions, requirements and specifications before submitting
bids. Failure to do so will be at the bidder’s own risk and bidder
cannot secure relief on the plea of error.
14. Any catalog, brand name or manufacturer’s reference used herein
is intended to be descriptive, not restrictive. It is used to indicate
the type and quality desired. Bids on items of like quality will be
considered. Pflugerville ISD retains sole authority to determine if
items being bid are of like quality and to accept or reject proposed
substitutions as deemed to be in the best interests of the district.
15. The apparent silence of these specifications as to any detail or the
apparent omission of detailed descriptions concerning any point
shall be regarded as meaning that only the best commercial
practices are to prevail. All interpretations of these specifications
shall be made on the basis of this statement.
16. Withdrawal of bids will not be allowed for a period of 90 days
following the bid opening.
DEVIATIONS FROM SPECIFICATIONS
17. All deviations from the general conditions and/or specifications
must be listed on the Deviations Page of this bid document.
Listing of deviations is an integral and required part of the official
bid of each firm. Failure to list deviations as directed will hold the
bidder strictly accountable to the District’s specifications as
written. PfISD shall be the sole interpreter as to the acceptance
of any substitution. All substitution must be pre-approved by
AWARD OF CONTRACT(S)
18. Pflugerville ISD reserves the right to award the Contract(s) to the
vendor(s) offering the best value, and not necessarily to the
vendor proposing the lowest price. However, the district reserves
the right to award single or multiple contracts; waive technicalities
or to not award any contracts as a result of this bid process. PfISD
reserves the right to award in any manner deemed to be in
the best interest of the district.
19. PfISD is environmentally conscious and prefers that vendors
doing business with PfISD use packaging materials made from
recycled paper, plastics, cardboard, wood, etc.
20. The specific criteria to be used for evaluation and award of this
contract shall be outlined under the Special Terms and
21. It is not the policy of the Pflugerville Independent School District
to purchase on the basis of low price alone.
22. Vendors submitting an "All or None", bid will not be considered for
anything other than the entire award. Therefore, a vendor who
specifies "All or None" and does not submit a bid for all items
solicited will be
23. Successful vendors will be notified by an award notification letter.
24. Pflugerville ISD reserves the right to accept or reject any or
all offers, to waive formalities and to accept the offer(s) that
is determined to be in the best interest of the District.