CITY OF LEBANON
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS
193 Dartmouth College Highway
Lebanon, NH 03766
2021 EQUIPMENT TRAILER PROPOSAL
LEBANON PUBLIC WORKS
MAINTENANCE SERVICE GROUP
I. NOTICE TO PROPOSERS
Sealed proposals will be received at the Office of the Public Works Director, 193 Dartmouth
College Highway, Lebanon, New Hampshire, until 2:00 p.m. Wednesday; February 26,
2021 to be eligible for consideration by the City. Proposals shall be submitted in a sealed
envelope, which is clearly marked “2021 Equipment Trailer Proposal” for furnishing one (1)
EQUIPMENT TRAILER, complete, in accordance with the attached specifications, for the
Lebanon Operations and Maintenance Division.
II. INVITATION TO PROPOSAL
Sealed proposals, subject to the conditions as shown herein, are requested for (1) Equipment
Trailer and accessories, complete, as specified, including charges for freight and delivery, setup,
etc. To be eligible for consideration by the City, proposals must be submitted in a sealed
envelope, plainly marked “City of Lebanon, 2021 Equipment Trailer”.
III. INSTRUCTIONS TO PROPOSERS
1. Proposals shall be typewritten or written in ink on the form prepared by the City.
Officials or corporations shall designate their official title; partners or sole owners shall
so state giving the names of all interested parties. The person signing the proposal shall
initial corrections or erasures.
2. Proposer shall not stipulate in their proposal any conditions not contained in the
specifications. Any proposal which fails to comply with the literal letter of these
instructions and the specifications may be rejected forthwith.
3. Requested descriptive material shall be filed with the proposal.
4. In submitting the proposal, the vendor agrees that acceptance of any or all proposals by
the City of Lebanon within a reasonable time or period constitutes a contract. No
delivery shall become due or be accepted unless a purchase order shall first have been
issued by the City Manager.
5. The City reserves the right to accept and reject any and all proposals for due cause, to
negotiate with any party, to waive informalities or defects in proposals, to require test
proving of proposed equipment by our operators, or to accept such proposals as it shall
deem in the bests interests of the City.
6. Discounts for immediate payment or credit terms, where offered, will not be a factor in
the selection process. Payment terms by the City shall be cash less any applicable
discounts to be paid within 30 days of delivery by the vendor and formal acceptance by
7. The successful proposer shall indemnify and hold harmless the City of Lebanon against
all claims for royalties, for patents or suit for infringement thereon which may be in-
volved in the manufacturer or use of the material to be furnished.
8. All goods shall remain the property of the seller until delivered to and accepted by the
9. Deviations from the attached specifications are permitted only as separate proposals
provided, they are submitted as alternate proposals accompanying a conforming proposal.
Optional equipment by the dealer or manufacturer, which is not included in these
specifications, is to be listed separately.
10. Questions relating to this purchase may be directed to Jesse Dumayne, Fleet
Superintendent, at (603) 442-6257 or by email at Jesse.Dumayne@lebanonnh.gov
11. Selection Criteria: This proposal will be awarded to the vendor whose proposal represents
the best value to the City of Lebanon. Other selection criteria will include the cost of the
machine, standard and optional features, warranty, durability, performance, reliability of
the equipment, economy of fuel and service schedule, maintenance costs, delivery
schedule, and service and parts availability.
12. Proposal prices shall remain in full force and affect a minimum of 30 days following
IV. GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS
1. Units proposed under this solicitation must be new, standard production models of the
latest design and in current production.
2. Materials must be of the best commercial quality for the intended service and shall be
provided by uses of current manufacturing processes. Materials shall be treated against
rust, corrosion and wear.
3. Design of mechanical members shall be such that the stress imposed through normal
shock loads at maximum engine torque shall not cause rupture or permanent deformation
of undue wear on any member.
4. Proposer shall maintain a service shop within 75 miles of Lebanon with qualified service
people and a representative supply of parts for the machine offered along with the
provisions for securing parts from the manufacturer within a reasonable period of time.
5. Proposers must submit with their proposal the latest printed specifications and advertising
literature on the units they propose to furnish, along with copies of warranty information.
6. Vendor shall supply one parts book, one operator's manual, and one technical manual for
each of the following with the unit electrical, mechanical, and emissions.
7. Proposer shall be prepared to give a complete demonstration of the merits of the machine
offered as requested by the purchaser. The machine so demonstrated shall be complete as
offered by the proposer for this proposal.
8. The proposer shall list on a separate sheet of paper accompanying the proposal any
variation or exception to the conditions and specifications of the proposal. This sheet
shall be labeled “Exception to Proposal Conditions and Specifications”.
9. Prompt delivery of the selected machine is essential. Proposer shall indicate on the
proposal form the certified delivery date for completion of the delivery. A penalty fee of
$50.00 per day will apply for each day past the stated delivery date provided by the
proposer and accepted by the city, unless an acceptable delay is agreed to. Penalty will
be deducted from final payment.
10. All standard manufacturer's accessories and features not in conflict with this specification
shall be furnished, mounted and ready to operate.
11. All major wire harnesses shall be color coded and enclosed in conduit or other physical
12. Vendor and/or manufacturer must provide training to Maintenance Group staff on the
operation of this piece of equipment.
13. Machine shall be lubed, serviced, and ready to operate upon delivery.
14. All accessories furnished by the proposer shall be mounted and ready for operation.
V. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS FOR
A. Bed length should be minimum of thirty-three (33) feet with a minimum of six
(6) foot dove tail.
B. Shall have minimum two (2) inch hardwood decking
C. Minimum Eight (8) stake pockets and (8) d-rings with rub rails shall be
provided on each side.
D. Deck shall be eight and half (8 ½) feet minimum
E. Ramps Shall be full width (8 ½ ) feet wide and Eleven (11) feet minimum
long hydraulically operated ( self-contained electric/hydraulic )
F. Overall height of deck may not exceed thirty six (36) inches while unloaded.
G. Hitch to be heavy-duty pintle type and adjustable pintle ring.
H. Shall have high tensile safety chains
I. Shall have Twin 2-speed jacks
J. Trailer shall be cleaned, epoxy primed, and painted black with
high quality polyurethane paint
2. AXLES, WHEELS, AND TIRES:
A. Twelve (12) radials with One (1) spare tire and rim to conform to GVW.
Spare does not need spare tire rack.
B. Three 20,000# oil bath axles
C. Front Drop axle: 16-ply radial tires (4) with air ride/air lift
D. Two (2) Rear axles:16-ply radial tires (8) with Hutch Suspension
E. GVWR shall be minimum of 62,000 lbs. with a payload of 50,000 lbs.
F. Shall have three axles and sized for GVWR with Air brakes (Spring/Maxi
brakes on all axles)
A. All lighting to be LED and conform to all state/ federal regulations.
B. 7 wire RV style plug.
C. Wiring harness shall be sealed from all the elements.
A. Tongue mounted recessed toolbox with locking lid
A. Person submitting proposal must supply manufacturer's latest catalog
along with complete specifications and warranties on the unit and all
A. The vendor selling their equipment shall arrange for the performance of all
warranty work so as to avoid the necessity for the City of Lebanon to deal
directly with the manufacturer or manufacturer's authorized service outlets
for components not serviced directly by the vendor.
B. The manufacturer’s standard warranty shall be provided for the unit and all
accessories. This warranty shall be a minimum of 24 months on all parts
C. Service provided under this warranty shall be at the City of Lebanon
Public Works Department Garage, or, if agreed to by the City, service may
be performed at a location selected by the manufacturer and/or vendor
with any and all transportation costs to be paid by the vendor.
A. A 1981 Eager Beaver trailer is to be traded This equipment is available for
inspection at the Public Works Department Garage, 193 Dartmouth
College Highway, Lebanon, New Hampshire, by calling Mr. Jesse
Dumayne at (603) 442-6257.