CITY OF REDDING
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
FOR TECHNICAL REPORT AND CONSULTING SERVICES
(Schedule No. 5088)
The City of Redding invites qualified contractors to submit proposals to provide technical report
and consulting services to the City of Redding Power Plant.
If your firm elects to submit a proposal, please address the items described in this RFP in the
The City of Redding power plant is a natural gas fired power station rated at 185 megawatt
(MW) electrical generating capacity. The facility utilizes five gas turbines, one steam turbine,
and one hydroelectric turbine. Three of the gas turbines (Unit 1, Unit 2, and Unit 3) are simple
cycle peaking power units. Two of the gas turbines (Unit 5 and Unit 6) operate in combined
cycle with a single steam turbine (Unit 4). The hydroelectric turbine (Unit 9) is located at a
remote site near Whiskeytown Dam.
The City of Redding power plant is currently in the process of renewing an existing Regional
Water Quality Control Board (Water Board) permit for the discharge of wastewater to land.
Water is discharged primarily to a percolation pond which has three monitoring wells located
around it. A lined evaporation pond is also used on occasion when it becomes pertinent to drain
the main cooling tower.
SCOPE OF WORK
The contractor will be responsible for the following:
1. Providing a Report of Waste Discharge technical report prepared by a California registered
Civil Engineer. The report must adhere to the requirements listed in the attached document
“Technical Information for a Report of Waste Discharge” (see attachment 2).
2. Performing an antidegradation analysis, water balance study, and any additional testing
required to obtain the information needed for the above mentioned report.
3. Consulting with the City of Redding and providing any research and data needed for the
successful completion of Form 200 (see attachment 5).
4. Due to the time sensitize nature of the work, the contractor must ensure the prompt
completion of the technical report and all associated testing.
5. Providing consultation and recommendation for compliance based on the consultants past
experience and in depth knowledge of environmental regulations.
6. Providing an additional 80 hours of professional consulting for up to one year after the
completion of the above mentioned technical report. To include but not limited to:
a. Support during the submittal, review, evaluation and finalization of the new permit.
b. Addressing comments from the Water Board including resolution of outstanding
items for completion of the permit
c. Supporting changes to the facility as a result of the new permit
d. Review of Power Plant programs and procedures to comply with permit and
7. The City anticipates the Contractor will take great care in the designation of a lead
individual. The City also anticipates that the lead individual will be dedicated to providing
prompt service as required and that a backup individual will be available as needed to
provide uninterrupted service to the City.
8. Provide proof of California PE Civil Engineering license
REQUIRED INFORMATION TO BE SUBMITTED WITH QUOTE
Please submit the following information as a part of your proposal:
1. Cover letter signed, in ink, by a member of your organization having authority to negotiate
and sign contracts on behalf of the firm. The cover letter shall include acknowledgement of
all addenda issued (if any).
2. A general description of your firm, its professional staffing and present legal structure (e.g.,
corporation or partnership, single or multiple locations, organizational chart).
3. Identify and include a resume of the Project Manager of your firm who will be the primary
contact and be responsible for services provided to the City.
4. The qualifications of other specific individual(s) who will participate in the assignment; the
extent of each individual's participation, and if applicable, the organization of the team.
Include and identify the name and e-mail address of the staff member that is responsible
for providing insurance information, if awarded, to the City. See insurance requirements in
5. A description of the firm's experience in performing similar work in the public sector,
processes and procedures, including three (3) references that the City may contact (name,
telephone number, location, description and time-line of services performed).
6. A declaration of the firm's ability and willingness to commit and maintain staffing, both
number and level, to ensure the success of the City’s safety program.
7. A timeline for the expected completion of the ROWD technical report and Form 200.
8. Two (2) flash drives with copies of firm’s incident and injury prevention plan (IIPP).
Consultant will comply with City of Redding and Redding Power safety programs.
9. Include appropriate civil engineering license information.
10. Cost proposal for the completion of ROWD technical report, Form 200, and all associated
11. The time and materials rate sheet for consulting services provided until termination of the
12. Copy of the contractor’s labor rate sheet that displays all labor rates and services offered by
the contractor. This rate sheet will be incorporated into the contract. This rate sheet will
remain constant for the duration of the PO.
Note: Line items 10, 11, and 12 shall be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “Cost
TERM OF CONTRACT
It is expected the purchase order will commence upon award and terminate one year following
the completion of the ROWD technical report.
1. Proposals must be responsive to this Request for Proposal as issued. Proposals made
subject to conditions or limitations specified by the respondent may be rejected.
2. Proposal Submission Package - Proposals shall address all items identified in the Request
for Proposal (RFP).
Each proposal package shall contain the original (unbound) and four (4) copies of the
Questions concerning this RFP shall be directed in writing to:
Amber Edenburn, Senior Buyer email@example.com
Inquiries should refer to specific RFP sections and paragraphs. The cutoff date and time
for receiving written questions is 5:00p.m., PST, Thursday, October 24, 2019. Written
responses to an inquiry will be distributed to all known participants at the discretion of the
4. Public Information
All submitted proposals and information included therein or attached thereto shall become
public record upon their delivery to the City. Proposals may be reviewed by outside
interested parties after all proposals received for a particular project have been reviewed
and the intended awardee has been selected.
By submission of a proposal, Consultant understands and agrees that the City of Redding is
subject to the California Public Records Act (Cal. Gov. Code section 62500 et seq.), and
that all or part of the proposal submitted by Consultant may be subject to disclosure therein
regardless of whether the proposal or part thereof is marked as proprietary. The City