REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Sub Lease of Delano Soccer Park
PUBLIC NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City of Delano as Agency, invites
proposals for the Sub Lease of the Delano Soccer Park, and will receive such
proposals in the office of the City Clerk, located at 1015 11th Avenue, Delano, CA
93215, up to the hour of 12 p.m. on the 8th day of June 2023.
The RFP is available and can be viewed in the City of Delano’s website
(www.cityofdelano.org/bids). Proposals must be prepared in conformance with
the Request for Proposal instructions. Proposals must be received by the Delano
City Clerk, 1015 11th Avenue no later than 12 p.m., Thursday, June 8th, 2023
for consideration. Proposals received after the submittal deadline will be
returned unopened to the sender.
Published: May 21, 2023
Diana Garcia, City Clerk, City of Delano, CA
Request for Proposals
Sub Lease Operation of the
City of Delano CA Soccer Park
The City of Delano (“City”) issues this Request for Proposals for the SUB LEASE TO
OPERATE the Delano Soccer Park located in the City of Delano, County of Kern, State of
California (“Soccer Park”) described below, for the purpose of operating a soccer park, in which
the City will maintain the grounds for the park.
The Delano Soccer Park complex covers 22 acres (with a three acre parking area) and is
currently devoted to soccer. It features seven (7) adult, two (2) youth regulation size soccer
fields. Parking lot access and restrooms.
The prospective lessee selection is anticipated to occur through the process outlined herein and
based on the described selection criteria. The City is seeking proposals, including qualifications,
from individuals or entities with the experience and the financial capacity to sub lease the Soccer
Park to operate it and related activates thereon.
The submission of a proposal is no guarantee that any proposal will be selected. The City
reserves the right to reject any or all proposals without comment.
The procedure for selection is as follows:
1.To be considered, proposals must be submitted to the City no later than 12 p.m.,
June 8, 2023;
2. Following timely receipt, proposals will be reviewed by staff;
3. Responsive lessee(s) may be invited for an interview and presentation of their
4. Following review and analysis of the proposals, staff may recommend for approval to
the City Council the selection of a prospective lessee to negotiate a lease agreement
with the City.
The focus of the selection process will include, but not be limited to the following:
1. Experience of the prospective lessee to lease the Soccer Park in order to operate the
same and its related amenities.
2. Ability to operate the Soccer Park, as evidenced by ongoing relationships with
financing sources and/or financial status.
3. Experience of the prospective lessee in the successful operation of a similar Soccer
4. Demonstrated understanding of similar Golf Course operations.
5. The sublease rental rate, terms of the sublease, and the financing thereof for the
operation of the Soccer Park.
Please provide the information requested below:
1. Leasehold Entity:
• Identify the entity that would contract with the City, including all joint venture/limited
partners and their percentage interest, if any.
• If applicable, indicate the role of each partner in implementing the sub lease of the
2. Description of previous relevant experience.
3. Financial Capacity (provided on a confidential basis):
• Describe recent history in operating, maintaining, and improving similar soccer park
property, and obtaining financing commitments; detailing the type of soccer park
property, financing sources, and the amounts committed, etc.
4. Generally, describe the Soccer Park operation proposed.
We appreciate your interest in the City of Delano and look forward to discussing your
qualifications to operate the City of Delano Soccer Park.
For questions regarding the Soccer Park or if you wish to arrange a tour of the park, please
Phone: (661) 721-3335, ext. 2609
Delivery of sealed proposals will be accepted in the office of the City Clerk located at:
1015 Eleventh Avenue
Delano, California 93215
Sealed proposals shall clearly state “PROPOSAL FOR DELANO SOCCER PARK” on the
outside of the envelope.
Please return your proposal no later than 12 p.m., Thursday, June 8, 2023.
Proposals received after the time and date stated will not be opened.