Request for Proposals by City of Foster City
for an Assessment of the City Sponsorship
Release Date: Monday, June 8, 2020
Response Due By: 3 p.m. on Tuesday, July 7, 2020
Request for Proposals By City of Foster City for an
Assessment of the City’s Sponsorship Program
The City of Foster City is requesting proposals from qualified firms or individuals
interested in conducting an assessment of outstanding fees owed and recommendations
for operational efficiencies of the City’s Sponsorship Program. This document outlines the
proposed scope of work for consulting services. Three hard copies of the proposal shall
be submitted in writing by 3 p.m. on Tuesday, July 7, 2020 to:
Priscilla Schaus, City Clerk
City of Foster City
610 Foster City Boulevard Foster City, CA 94404
Attention: RFP Assessment of City Sponsorship Program
The City of Foster City seeks assistance in conducting an assessment of outstanding
sponsorship fees owed and collectable, along with recommendations for implementation
of best practices related to the Sponsorship Program.
The City is comprised of the following departments: City Manager, Communications/City
Clerk, Community Development, Financial Services, Human Resources, Parks and
Recreation, Police, Public Works, in addition to the office of the City Attorney.
The Parks and Recreation Department is primarily responsible for managing the City’s
parks, recreation activities, and community events, as well as donations (or sponsorships)
from businesses and individuals in exchange for recognition at certain special events.
II. PURPOSE OF THE REQUEST
The City is now seeking an independent consultant to review outstanding sponsorship
fees owed, recommendations for collection, and implementation of operational
efficiencies of the Sponsorship Program.
III. SCOPE OF SERVICES
The information being sought by the City will require the accomplishment of the following
• Review of the policies, practices, and procedures used to solicit sponsors,
manage the sponsorship program, and collect donations from sponsors.
• An assessment of outstanding sponsorship fees owed and collectable.
• Recommendations for implementation of best practices for the sponsorship
program as identified through the assessment process.
At the conclusion of the assessment, the consultant shall:
1. Provide a summary of findings that effectively summarizes and communicates the
2. Identify key issues and opportunities, and
3. Formulate recommendations.
A Draft Report with an Executive Summary shall be issued to City staff. The document
shall include the summary of findings and recommendations as identified in the Scope of
Work. Any documentation prepared by the Consultant shall be provided to the City in both
hard copies and electronic format.
A Final Report shall be issued following staff comments on the draft. In addition, City staff
may require the Consultant to conduct a PowerPoint presentation to City officials. The
report should provide sufficient information for policy decisions regarding the collection of
outstanding fees owed and process improvements for the City’s Sponsorship Program.
Ten (10) hard copies of the Final Report will be required along with an electronic copy.
This project shall be completed and a final report submitted within 30 days of contract
Responses to this Request for Proposals shall include:
1) Your firm’s qualifications,
2) The key staff that will be assigned to this project,
3) Resumes for each key staff member,
4) At least three (3) professional references for work that was performed similar to
that requested in this RFP,
5) A detailed description of your approach to the project,
6) Time schedule for completing the project within the deadline, and
7) Not to exceed total fee amount
VII. SELECTION CRITERIA
The successful applicant must have operational and organizational assessment
experience. The successful firm will have demonstrated its ability to meet these
Other criteria include:
• Completeness of response to the RFP
• Experience with similar projects and reference feedback
• Oral communication skills
• Writing and formatting skills
VIII. REQUIREMENTS OF PROPOSAL
The following materials must be submitted with the proposal.
• Cover Letter
The cover letter should briefly state the consultant’s understanding of the work to
be performed, the commitment to perform the work in the required timeline, and
why the consultant believes it is best qualified to perform the duties and tasks
outlined and described in scope of work contained in this request.
The proposal should include the following information and materials:
Qualifications and Related Experience of Personnel Who Will Perform Work.
Résumés of all personnel who are proposed to provide professional services
to the City within the Scope of Work outlined and described in this request
should be included. Résumés should include all relevant experience,
education, and other qualifications over the past 3 years.
Prior Relevant Experience. A description of prior work experience and projects
relevant to the Scope of Work outlined and described in this request should
References of Local Government Clients. Please include a list of at least three
(3) current and/or previous local government clients located in California for
which the consultant has rendered professional services relevant to the scope
of work outlined and described in this request
• Approach, Scope, and Timelines
Provide a proposed approach and projected timeline to conduct and complete the
Scope of Work identified above.
Cost Estimate with justification
Justification of hours and costs may be required prior to final selection, and
will be required prior to execution of a contract.
Proposal shall include hourly rates for all personnel on the project.
Proposal should include options for reducing or adding services and include
hourly rate for any work outside the scope of this RFP which may result from
IX. GENERAL INFORMATION
1. The City reserves the exclusive right on its selection of a consultant.
2. All proposals submitted will be subject to public records laws.
3. The City reserves the right to cancel or reissue the RFP or revise the timeline at
4. The City reserves the right to reject any and all proposals and to waive minor
irregularities in the proposal process. The City may accept any proposal if such
action is believed to be in the best interest of the City.
5. The City is not liable for any cost incurred by the proposer prior to execution of a
6. The City reserves the right to negotiate scope and cost with the consultant.
7. The project team shall be approved by the City. The City must approve any
changes in the project team.
X. QUESTIONS DURING PROPOSAL PERIOD
All questions should be directed to Priscilla Schaus, City Clerk, email@example.com.
XI. PROPOSAL TIMELINE
Deadline for proposals is 3 p.m. on Tuesday, July 7, 2020.
Deliver proposals to:
Priscilla Schaus, City Clerk
City of Foster City
610 Foster City Boulevard
Foster City, CA 94404
Attention: RFP Assessment of the City Sponsorship Program