Office of Purchasing
One John Marshall Drive Huntington, WV
Direct all inquiries regarding this order to: (304) 696-8853
For information call:
Buyer: Brianna Salyers
Phone: (304) 696-8853
Sealed requests to bid for furnishing the supplies, equipment or services described below will be received by the Institution. TO RECEIVE
CONSIDERATION FOR AWARD, UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, THE BID WILL BE SUBMITTED ON THIS FORM AND UPLOADED INTO THE
BONFIRE PORTAL ON OR BEFORE THE DATE AND TIME SHOWN FOR THE BID OPENING. When applicable, prices will be based on units
specified; and Bidders will enter the delivery date or time for each item contained herein. The Institution reserves the right to accept or
reject bids on each item separately or as a whole, to reject any or all bids, to waive informalities or irregularities and to contract as the best
interests of the Institution may require. BIDS ARE SUBJECT TO THE GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS SET FORTH HEREIN.
DELIVERY IS REQUIRED NO
Item # Quantity
3:00 PM on June 6,
EACH ITEM BID
Marshall University, on behalf of the Marshall University
Research Corporation, will accept bids for the following item
until 3:00 pm on June 6, 2018. At that time, bids will be
opened and recorded in Room 125, Old Main Building,
Huntington, WV 25755.
DEMO LEICA DM5500 Upright
Research Microscope (as specified)
To the Office of Purchasing,
In compliance with the above, the undersigned offers and agrees, if this offer is accepted within
calendar days (30 calendar days (unless a different
period is inserted by the purchaser) from the bid opening date, specified above, to furnish any or all items upon which prices are offered, at the price set
opposite each item, delivered at the designated point(s), within the time specified.
Bidder’s guarantees shipment from
Bidder’s name Vendor)
After receipt of order at address shown
MU Rev. 8/30/06
R1802177 Page 2
INSTRUCTIONS TO BIDDERS
(Purchases greater than $50,000)
1. BIDDER'S REPRESENTATIONS: the bidder, by making a bid, represents that: (a) the bidder has read and understands the
bidding documents, terms and conditions, and the Bid is made in accordance therewith; and (b) the bid is based upon the
materials, equipment, systems, printing and/or services specified.
2. QUALITY STANDARDS: Brand names, when identified, include the standard of quality, performance or use desired.
Unless otherwise noted, bids by bidders on equivalents may be considered, provided the bidder furnishes descriptive
literature and other proof required by the Buyer. Samples, when required, must be furnished free of charge, including
freight. In the event the Buyer elects to contract for a brand purported to be an equivalent by the bidder, the acceptance of
the item will be conditioned on the Buyer’s inspection and testing after receipt. If, in the sole judgment of the Buyer, the
item is determined not to be equivalent, the item will be returned at the Seller’s expense and the contract terminated.
3. SUBMISSION OF BIDS: the bid, the bid security, if any and other documents required to be submitted with the bid shall be
enclosed in a sealed opaque envelope. The envelope shall be addressed to the party receiving the bids and shall be
identified as a sealed bid and shall include the bid number, the bid opening time, and the bid opening date. Bids shall be
delivered and deposited at the designated location prior to the time and date for receipt of bids. Bids received after the time
and date for the bid opening will be returned unopened. The bidder shall assume full responsibility for timely delivery at the
location designated for receipt of bids. Oral, telephonic, facsimile or telegraphic bids are invalid and will not receive
4. MODIFICATION OR WITHDRAWAL OF BIDS: Prior to the time and date designated for receipt of bids, a bid submitted may
be modified or withdrawn by notice to the party receiving bids at the place designated for receipt of bids. Such notice shall
be in writing over the signature of the bidder and shall be received prior to the designated time and date for receipt of bids.
A modification shall be worded so as not to reveal the amount of the original bid.
5. OPENING OF BIDS: Bids shall be publicly opened and read aloud at the designated location for receipt of bids shortly after
the time and date bids are due.
6. REJECTION OF BIDS: The Buyer shall have the right to reject any and all bids, in whole or part; to reject a bid not
accompanied by a required bid security or other data required by the bidding documents; or reject a bid which is in any way
incomplete or irregular.
7. ACCEPTANCE OF BID (AWARD): It is the intent of the Buyer to award a purchase order to the lowest responsible and
responsive bidder provided the bid does not exceed the funds available. The Buyer shall have the right to waive
informalities or irregularities in a bid received, and to accept the bid which, in the Buyer's judgment, is in the Buyer's own
best interests. All bids are governed by the West Virginia Code and the Procedural Rules of the Governing Board having
8. VENDOR REGISTRATION: Prior to any award for purchases exceeding $25,000, the apparent successful bidder must be
properly registered with the W. Va. Department of Administration, Purchasing Division, and have paid the required vendor
9. NON-FUNDING: All services performed or goods delivered under State Purchase Orders/Contracts are to be continued for
the term of the Purchase Order/Contract, contingent upon funds being appropriated by the Legislature or otherwise being
made available. In the event funds are not appropriated or otherwise available for these services or goods, this Purchase
Order/Contract becomes void and of no effect after June 30.
10. PAYMENTS AND INTEREST ON LATE PAYMENTS: Payment may only be made after the delivery and acceptance of goods
or services. Interest may be paid for late payment in accordance with the West Virginia Code.
11. RESIDENT VENDOR PREFERENCE: A resident vendor preference will be granted upon written request in accordance with
the West Virginia Code.
12. TAX EXEMPTION: the State of West Virginia, the Governing Board and its institutions are exempt from Federal and State
taxes and will not pay or reimburse such taxes.
MU Rev. 9/1/06
R1802177 Page 3
1.1 General Information
Marshall University, herein referred to as "MU", “Marshall” or "University", is soliciting bids on behalf of
the Marshall University Research Corporation (MURC) for a DEMO LEICA DM5500 Upright Research
Microscope until 3:00PM on June 6, 2018. At that time, Marshall University will open and record bids in
the Old Main Building, Room 125, Huntington, WV. Products must be specified; equivalent is not
Marshall reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids, in whole or in part, if to do so is in the best
interest of the University. It is the intent of the Buyer to award a purchase order to the lowest, responsible
and responsive bidder provided the bid does not exceed the funds available. The Buyer shall have the right
to waive informalities or irregularities in a bid received, and to accept the bid which, in the Buyer's
judgment, is in the University's best interest. All bids are governed by West Virginia Code and the
Procedural Rules of the Governing Board having jurisdiction.
Vendor's failure to provide complete and accurate information may be considered grounds for
disqualification. Marshall reserves the right to ask vendors for additional information to clarify their bids.
Nothing may be added to alter the written solution or method contained in the original bid after the bid
Response time is essential in the bid. No extension will be allowed.
All inquiries and questions must be emailed to:
Bre Salyers, Interim Purchasing Agent
Marshall University Office of Purchasing
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and
Subject Field: RFB# Rl802177 Questions
Bidders shall not make direct or indirect contact with anyone outside the Office of Purchasing to discuss
or request information about any aspect of the procurement, including the RFB or its associated evaluation
process, except as authorized in the RFB. Violation of this clause will result in bid disqualification.
ITEM QUANTITY U/M
DEMO DM5500 Microscope Package, Leica DM5500B Motorized
Upright Research Microscope (fluorescent ready)
• Microscope stand with built in Z motor focus
• Manual coded six position nosepiece
• Six position motorized fluorescent filter turrent (filters not
• Trinocular FSA Tube for one camera
• Motorized phase contrast condenser
• Manual x/y stage with slide holder
• LH107 12v, 100w Halogen
• 10x/25 Eyepieces (2x)
• Pl Fluotar 10x phase, 20x phase, and 40x phase objective
• Vistek Anti-Vibration Table
R1802177 Page 4
EA Obj. HC PL APO 63x/1.40-0.60 OIL
EA Immersion-Oil 10mL fluo-free, DIN/ISO for fluorescence applications
(brown glass bottle)
EA Leica DFC7000 GT Cooled Fluorescence monochrome camera with
• Ideally suited for low light fluorescence application with superb
• Sony ICX674AL CCD sensor with ExView HAD 2 technology,
camera offers exceptionally high speed of acquisition combined
with high sensitivity.
• MAX QE > 70%
• 1920 x 1440 pixel, 4.54 im x 4.54 im pixel size and full well
capacity of 15.000 electrons
• Turbo scan (1280 x 1024) ,, 50 fps
• 1x1 (1920 x 1440),,,, 40 fps
• 2x2 binning,,,,, 70 fps
• 3x3 binning,,,,, 90 fps
• 5x5 binning,,,,, 124 fps Leica DFC7000 featuring one stage
Peltier cooling and extreme low dark current of 0,05 e-/pixel/s
with optional noise reduction in combination with sharpening
• 16 bit A/D converter with 12 bit and 8 bit digitization mode for
• Enhanced black balance and image averaging provide crisp
and brilliant fluorescence images
• Camera designed for fluorescence documentation and live cell
applications with operating environmental temperature of +5°C
• Camera package includes camera head, power supply, USB 3.0
PCi board and USB 3.0 cable as well as Leica LAS X core
EA C-Mount Adapter 1.0X HC
EA Alignment-free external lightsource Leica EL6000 with attenuator and
fast shutter. Lifetime of bulb in average 2000h.
EA Liquid Light Guide for EL6000, 2m
EA Lightguide coupler 1””
EA Filter system DAPI ET, k
EA Filter system L5 ET, k
EA Filter system Y5 ET, k
EA Filter system TXR ET, k
EA Dongle for LAS X optional modules
EA LAS X Professional workstation
EA HP Keyboard; US
EA LAS X Multi Channel Acquisition
EA 27” Widescreen Hi Def Monitor
EA On-site system installation and training
EA Microscope Warranty
3. SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUPPLIERS
R1802177 Page 5
Please follow these instructions to submit via our Public Portal.
1. Prepare your submission materials:
File Type: PDF (.pdf) Multiple
Please note the type and number of files allowed. The maximum upload file size is 1000 MB.
Please do not embed any documents within your uploaded files, as they will not be accessible or evaluated.
2. Upload your submission at:
Your submission must be uploaded, submitted, and finalized prior to the Closing Time of June 1, 2018 3:00 PM
EDT. We strongly recommend that you give yourself sufficient time and at least ONE (1) day before Closing
Time to begin the uploading process and to finalize your submission.
Each item of Requested Information will only be visible after the Closing Time.
Uploading large documents may take significant time, depending on the size of the file(s) and your Internet
You will receive an email confirmation receipt with a unique confirmation number once you finalize your
Minimum system requirements: Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox.
Marshall University uses a Bonfire portal for accepting and evaluating proposals digitally. Please contact Bonfire
at Support@GoBonfire.com for technical questions related to your submission. You can also visit their help
forum at https://bonfirehub.zendesk.com/hc