REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) NO. 2020-032
CITY OF MESQUITE, TX
CLOSING DATE AND TIME: JANUARY 16, 2020 2:00 P.M.
RENOVATION OF 109-111 BROAD STREET – HERITAGE PLAZA
A pre-submittal tour of the property will be held at 2:00 p.m. on January 2, 2020, at 109-111 Broad
Street, Mesquite, TX 75149
GENERAL CLAUSES AND CONDITIONS
1. If you have questions regarding the preparation of your response, you may contact Ryan
Williams, Manager of Purchasing, at 972-216-6201 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Respondents who do not respond to this particular request, but who want to remain on our
mailing list for future opportunities shall indicate “NO RESPONSE” on the face of this page by
putting the date and signed by the authorized representative of your company and return this
page to the Purchasing office. Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.
3. Protection of Resident Workers: The City of Mesquite actively supports the Immigration and
Nationality Act (INA), which includes provisions addressing employment eligibility, employment
verification, and nondiscrimination. Under the INA, employers may hire only persons who may
legally work in the United States (i.e., citizens and nationals of the U.S.) and aliens authorized to
work in the U.S. The employer must verify the identity and employment eligibility of anyone to
be hired, which includes completing the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (I-9). The
Contractor shall establish appropriate procedures and controls so no
4. Laws and Ordinances: The Contractor shall at all times observe and comply with all Federal, State
and local laws, ordinances and regulations which in any manner affect the Contract or the work,
and shall indemnify and save harmless the City against any claim arising from the violation of any
such laws, ordinances and regulations whether by the Contractor or his employees.
5. Submit one (1) original and six (6) hard copies of the entire Response with one (1) complete
consolidated electronic copy of files in PDF format on a flash drive. Responses must be received
prior to the closing date and time to be considered. Responses must be submitted in sufficient
time to be received and time-stamped at the above location on or before the published date and
time shown on the RFQ/RFP. The City of Mesquite will not be responsible for mail delivered from
the post office. Responses received after the published time and date cannot be considered and
will be returned unopened.
6. Responses will be received and publicly acknowledged at the location, date and time stated
above. Only the name of the respondents responding to this request for qualifications shall be
released at the response opening. Other information submitted by the respondent shall not be
released by the City during the proposal evaluation process or prior to contract award. At no time
will confidential information, as noted by the respondent, be released.
7. Respondent shall attach official documentation from the State of Texas or other qualified
certification agency of M/WBE status of your company with bid/proposal. This data is for
informational purposes only and will not affect the award.
8. A completed W-9 form will be required within five business days once notification has been
9. In submitting an offer, respondent certifies that they have not participated in nor have they been
party to any collusion, price fixing or any other illegal or unethical agreements with any company,
firm or person concerning the pricing offered.
10. The attached Non-Exclusion Affidavit for General Contractors must be signed, notarized and
submitted with response.
11. A representative of the proposing entity who is authorized to enter into contract on behalf of the
proposing entity must manually sign response in ink. The person signing the response must
indicate his/her title along with signature. Responses received without proper signature will not
12. Any ambiguity in the response as a result of omission, error, lack of clarity or noncompliance by
the respondent with specifications, instructions and all conditions shall be construed in favor of
13. The City of Mesquite reserves the right to reject any and all responses, waive formalities and to
make award as may be deemed to the best advantage of the City. No response may be withdrawn
within forty-five (45) days after date of opening.
14. This Contract may be terminated at any time with thirty-(30) day’s written notice by either the
City of Mesquite or successful respondent.
15. The City is not liable for any cost incurred by Respondents in replying to this RFQ/RFP. This
includes costs to determine the nature of the response, submitting, negotiating, presentations or
any other costs a vendor would incur in responding to the RFQ/RFP.
16. Respondents shall complete all information requested and blanks provided shall be filled in on
the provided forms. Failure to completely describe the merchandise being proposed may result
in rejection of your response.
17. The City is exempt from all sales and excise taxes.
18. The City of Mesquite reserves the right to evaluate variations from these specifications. If
exceptions are made, respondent shall state wherein the merchandise fails to meet these
specifications. Failure to completely describe the merchandise being proposed may result in
rejection of your response.
19. It shall be understood all responses, inquires or correspondence relating to or in reference to this
RFQ/RFP, and all reports, charges and responses or referencing information submitted in
response to this RFQ/RFP shall become the property of the City, and will not be returned. The
City will use discretion with regard to disclosure of proprietary information contained in any
response, but cannot guarantee information will not be made public. As a governmental entity,
the City is subject to making records available for disclosure.
20. All restrictions on the use of data contained within a response and all confidential information
must be clearly stated in the RFQ/RFP. Proprietary information submitted in response to the
RFQ/RFP, will be handled in accordance with the Texas Open Records Law and other applicable
21. It is the vendor’s responsibility to check for any addendums that might have been issued before
the proposal closing date and time.
22. The response evaluation process will occur after the closing date. The City’s evaluation and
clarification process will commence. An evaluation team will review the responses. Criteria
described in this RFQ/RFP will be considered, as well as any other factors the evaluation team
determines may affect the suitability of the response for the City’s requirements. A Respondent’s
submission constitutes their acceptance of the evaluation technique.
23. The insurance requirements are included in this document. Respondents agree to provide and to
maintain the required types of insurance for the term of the contract. An original certificate of
insurance will be required within 10 business days by the apparent successful contractor once
notification has been received.
24. The Contract is included for respondent’s information so that respondents may be familiar with
their contents and requirements. Respondent shall not fill in or execute these forms at time of
proposal submittal. Upon award of the proposal, the awarded vendor will be required to
execute the contract.
1. The successful respondent’s rights and duties awarded by the contract may not be assigned to
another without written consent of the City signed by the City’s authorized agent. Such consent
shall not relieve the assigned of liability in the event of default by the assignee.
2. Any deviations from specifications and alternate responses must be clearly shown with complete
information provided by the respondent. They may or may not be considered by the City.
3. No oral statement of any person shall modify or otherwise change, or affect the terms, conditions
or specifications stated in the resulting contract. All change orders to the contract will be made
in writing and shall not be effective unless signed by an authorized representative of the City.
4. The City shall have the right to modify this order subject to an adjustment in the price in
accordance with the applicable provisions of the purchase order, if any, or pursuant to mutual
agreements. No agreement or understanding to modify this order shall be binding on the City
unless it is in writing and signed by an authorized representative of the City.
5. The City reserves the right to require additional technical information and negotiate all elements,
which comprise the Vendor’s response to ensure that the best possible consideration be afforded
to all concerned. The City reserves the right to accept all or part of any proposal, to reject any or
all proposals and to re-solicit for proposals.
6. Services or products under the Contract Documents shall not be performed or
manufactured by any worker why is not legally eligible to perform such services or employment.
7. All questions must be submitted via fax at 972-216-6397 or email only by 2:00 p.m. CST Monday,
January 6, 2020 to Ryan Williams, Manager of Purchasing at email@example.com.
8. Respondents shall submit a total of three (3) work references.
9. Respondents shall fill out the following required documents. If the following forms are not
included, the response may be considered non-responsive.
Conflict of Interest Questionnaire
Non-Exclusion Affidavit for General Contractors
Prohibition On Contracts with Companies Boycotting Israel – House Bill 89
Contractor’s Signature Page