NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Public Landing Phase 2
Construction of Finger Piers and Rehabilitation of Boat Ramp
Worcester County, Maryland
The County Commissioners of Worcester County Maryland are currently accepting bids for the
construction of new timber finger piers and the reconstruction of the framing and decking of the docks at
the boat ramp located at 4549 Public Landing Wharf Road, Snow Hill, MD. Bid specification packages and
bid forms are available from the Office of the County Commissioners, Worcester County Government
Center, One West Market Street ‐ Room 1103, Snow Hill, Maryland 21863, obtained online at
www.co.worcester.md.us or by calling the Commissioners’ Office at 410‐632‐1194 to request a package
by mail. A pre‐bid meeting will be held at 4549 Public Landing Wharf Road, Snow Hill, MD at 10:00 a.m.
EST, on Wednesday October 7, 2020. Any questions must be submitted in writing to the Department of
Recreation, Parks, Tourism & Economic Development at 6030 Public Landing Road, Snow Hill, MD by 1:00
p.m. EST on Wednesday October 21, 2020. Sealed bids will be accepted until 1:00 p.m. EST, Monday
November 2, 2020 in the Office of the County Commissioners, at the above address, at which time they
will be opened and publicly read aloud. Envelopes shall be marked “Bid for Public Landing Phase 2" in
the lower left‐hand corner. After opening, bids will be reviewed and a recommendation prepared for the
County Commissioners for their consideration at a future meeting. In awarding the bid, the
Commissioners reserve the right to reject any and all bids, waive formalities, informalities and
technicalities therein, and to take whatever bid they determine to be in the best interest of the County
considering lowest or best bid, quality of goods and work, time of delivery or completion, responsibility
of bidders being considered, previous experience of bidders with County contracts, or any other factors
they deem appropriate. All inquiries shall be directed to J. Stacey Hart, P.E., at 410‐430‐4169 or at
email@example.com. Email correspondence is encouraged.
PUBLIC LANDING IMPROVEMENTS
PROPOSAL DOCUMENT FOR
PROPOSED FINGER PIERS & RAMP REPAIRS
BID TIMELINE OF EVENTS
Pre‐Bid Meeting & Location: 10 a.m. Wednesday October 7, 2020 at
Public Landing, 4549 Public Landing Wharf Road, Snow Hill, MD
Last Day for Questions: Noon Wednesday, October 21, 2020
Addendum: Close of Business Friday, October 23, 2020
Bid Due Date, Time, & Location: 1:00 pm Monday, November 2, 2020
Office of the County Commissioners, Worcester County Government
Center, Room 1103, One West Market Street, Snow Hill, MD 21863
TABLE OF CONTENTS
SUMMARY OF WORK
INSTRUCTIONS TO BIDDERS
MOBILIZATION AND DEMOBILIZATION
FINGER PIERS & DOCK REHABILITATION
SECTION 01000 - SUMMARY OF WORK
PART 1 - GENERAL SCOPE OF WORK:
A. The Work under the Contract, as further detailed on the attached
technical specifications and Drawings, shall consists of:
1. To provide all labor and equipment necessary to perform the
specified site and marine improvements work,
2. Mobilization and demobilization of equipment, and
3. Protection of existing site, including salt marsh, regulated coastal
areas and adjacent properties,
4. Installation and maintenance of environmental controls,
5. Construction of the boat slips, including the finger piers and piles,
6. All other Work either shown on the Drawings or
included in the Specifications, unless specifically
indicated as not to be done.
B. In addition, the Work under the Contract includes:
1. Work outside the Project Site, as may be called for in the
Contract Documents and as may be required for the
performance of the Work.
2. The restoration of any items, structures, or embankments
damaged or destroyed by activity upon areas or items of work
outside the Project Site or not specifically intended to be altered
by the Scope of Work.
3. Providing and restoring, where appropriate, all temporary facilities.
PART 2 - TIME OF COMPLETION:
A. The Work shall start at the stated date in the Notice to Proceed, and the
Contractor shall complete all work hereunder within the time limits stated
in the Form of Proposal.
END OF SECTION
SECTION 01010 – INSTRUCTIONS TO BIDDERS
PART 1 – GENERAL:
1. Shall be on the furnished proposal forms. All blank spaces in the form
shall be filled, signed in ink in longhand where designated, and all
numbers shall be stated in words and figures. Only initialed
corrections or erasures will be acceptable,
2. No changes shall be made in the phraseology of the form. No
partial bids or any alternative bids not provided for in the form
will be considered.
1. Drawings accompanying these specifications are entitled: Public Landing
Proposed Improvements C1-C5, dated 08/2020.
E. The Bidder
1. Shall carefully examine the documents, the permits and the specifications,
shall visit the site and fully inform himself as to all existing and controlling
conditions and limitations. The submission of a bid shall be a
representation that he has inspected the site and has familiarized himself
with all of the controlling conditions. Failure to conduct these through
examinations shall in no way relieve the successful bidder of his
responsibility for the complete and satisfactory performance of all required
2. Shall state the unit prices for which he will execute and complete the
contract base bid items in accordance with the permits, specifications, and
the requirements of the Contract.
3. Shall state that he will complete the work of the contract in accordance with
the Construction Schedule and/or completion date included as part of the
F. The Owner:
1. Is the County Commissioners of Worcester County, Maryland.
2. May, during the bidding period, advise the bidders by addenda, of
additions, omissions or alterations in the specifications. All such changes
shall be included in the work covered by the proposal and shall become a
part of the specifications as if originally included therein.
3. Reserves the right to reject the bid of any Bidder who fails to furnish
promptly and properly all the required information, when notified to do so.
4. Reserves the right to verify the qualification of all bidders. Such
qualification may serve as the basis for acceptance or rejection of bids.
SECTION 01000 – INSTRUCTIONS TO BIDDERS