CITY OF COMMERCE
NOTICE INVITING SEALED BIDS
LIBRARY TECHNICAL SERVICES T.I. PROJECT
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that sealed bids will be received by the City of Commerce (“City”), on behalf of the Public Works and Development Services Department, for the above stated project.
1. DATE OF THIS REQUEST: December 21, 2016
2. DUE DATE: Sealed bids shall be submitted on or before 12:00 PM, Februaryr 2, 2017.
LATE PROPOSALS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
3. DESCRIPTION OF WORK: The work to be performed and executed under these specifications consists of furnishing all labor, services, materials, tools, equipment, supplies, transportation, utilities, incidentals and all other items and facilities necessary for the acceptable completion of all work necessary to complete the project as represented on the drawings and specifications.
4. LOCATION: 2535 Commerce Way, Commerce, CA 90040
5. BID DOCUMENTS:
Contract Documents, Specifications, and Drawings are available at the City of Commerce website, http://www.ci.commerce.ca.us/Bids.aspx. There is no charge to download the
6. BID DELIVERY: Bids must be prepared on the approved bid forms in conformance with the Instructions to Bidders and submitted in a sealed envelope plainly marked on the outside:
““Library Technical Services T.I. Project – Do Not Open With Regular Mail.” Bids may be mailed or delivered by messenger to: City of Commerce, Attn: City Clerk, 2535 Commerce Way, City of Commerce, California 90040.
Bids will be publicly opened and read aloud. documents.
8. BID BOND: Bids must be accompanied by a bid bond, made payable to the City of Commerce for an amount no less than ten percent (10%) of the bid amount.
10. CONTRACTOR’S LICENSE: Bidder may only bid on work for which Bidder is properly licensed by the Contractors’ State License Board. The successful bidder shall be licensed in accordance with provisions of the Business and Professions Code and shall possess a Class B license or a combination of appropriate Class licenses at the time this contract is awarded. The successful Contractor and his subcontractors will be required to possess business licenses from the City of
Commerce. No contract will be awarded to a bidder who is not licensed in accordance with the law under the provisions of Division III, Chapter 9, of the California Business and Profession Code at the time of the award.
11. REQUIREMENTS: All bidders are required to comply with all applicable California competitive bidding and labor compliance laws including, but not limited to, active solicitation of subcontract bids from minority-owned businesses, women-owned businesses, and businesses owned by disabled veteran’s. Compliance with California prevailing wage rates and apprenticeships employment standards established by the State Director of Industrial Relations is required.
The City reserves the right to reject any or all bids, to waive any irregularity, and to take all bids under advisement for a period of thirty (30) days.
BY ORDER OF the City Council of the City of Commerce, California on December 21, 2016.