Added: Sep 07, 2017 7:22 pm
STATEMENT OF WORK / SPECIFICATIONS
Leech Lake Dam and Cross Lake Dam Flag Pole Replacement
1. General: The contractor shall supply and provide all equipment, labor, supervision, and materials necessary to remove existing flag poles and install new flag poles at the Cross Lake Dam and the Leech Lake Dam. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers' Leech Lake Dam is located in Federal Dam, Minnesota in Cass County, MN. Cross Lake Dam is located in Crosslake, MN in Crow Wing County, MN. All work shall conform to local, county, and State laws and codes. The US Army Corps of Engineers dams are situated in the heart of northern Minnesota's lake country. A site visit is recommended prior to submitting a quote.
2. Measurement and Payment: Payment will be made in accordance with contract clause 52.232-27. The contractor must submit a detailed invoice to the Section Supervisor, Jeff Steere, for payment at the following address: US Army Corps of Engineers, Mississippi Headwaters Office, PO Box 625, 34385 US Highway 2 West, Grand Rapids, Minnesota 55744 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Electrical Locate: The Contractor is responsible for locating all electrical lines and utilities.
4. Flag Pole Removal: The contractor shall supply all equipment, labor and materials necessary to remove two (2) flag poles at Leech Lake Dam and two (2) flag poles at the Cross Lake Dam. The existing flag poles are steel tapered flag poles approximately 45 feet tall and 4 inches in diameter. The flag poles are held in place with two inch bolts through an eight foot I-Beams anchored in a concrete base. The concrete bases are approximately 4 foot in diameter and 5 feet deep in the ground. The contractor shall remove the existing concrete bases and install new foundation tubes/bases according to the manufacturer's recommendations in the same locations as the old bases. The new bases shall be of the type that the new flag poles can be lowered for maintenance and repairs.
5. Electrical: The Contractor is responsible to replace or repair the existing electrical lines and or lighting if they are damaged during the removal of the existing flag poles.
6. Flag Pole Debris: All materials from the removal of the old flag poles must be removed and disposed of in an off-site location according to the local, County and State of Minnesota disposal codes.
7. Flag Pole Installation: The new flag poles shall be installed in the same location as the old flag poles. A new 45 foot flag poles shall display the American flag and a 40 foot flag pole shall display the Army Corps of Engineers flag at each site. All installation must be performed according to the manufacturer's recommendations.
8. Submittals: The Contractor shall provide the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) the manufacturer and model of the flag poles along with detailed specifications of installation prior to starting work. Jason Hauser will be the COR for this contract. His contact information is telephone 651-290-5791 or email email@example.com
9. Flag Pole Specifications: The Contractor shall install one (1) 45 foot and one (1) 40 foot flag pole at each Corps of Engineers dam site with the following specifications.
? Exposed Height - American flag pole that is 45 feet tall
? Exposed Height - Corps of Engineers flag pole that is 40 feet tall
? Satin Aluminum finish
? Nominal 8 inch diameter butt
? Nominal 3.5 inch diameter top
? Wall thickness minimum .188
? The Poles Shall Have A Maximum Un-Flagged Wind Speed Rating Of At Least 150 Mph
? The Poles Shall Have A Maximum Flagged Wind Speed Rating Of At Least 100 Mph
? Internal Halyard System with Stainless Steel Aircraft Cable
? Internal Winch with Removable Hand Crank
? Cast Aluminum Revolving Truck Assemble
? Stainless Steel Bearings
? Plastic Covered Counterweight Sling
10. Site Visit: Contractors are encouraged to visit the site prior to bidding. Site visits must be scheduled in advance.
Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM, Monday - Friday excluding Federal Holidays
Contact Jeff Steere, Northern Headwaters Section Supervisor at 651-290-5808 or
Email to Jeffrey.firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Safety: The Contractor shall complete all work according to the Corps of Engineers' Safety Manual, USACE EM 385-1-1-http://www.usace.army.mil/SafetyandOccupationalHealth/EM38511,2008BeingRevised.aspx.
The dams and recreation areas will remain open during the completion of this work and it is the responsibility of the Contractor to secure the work area from the public.
12. Insurance: The Contractor shall submit proof of insurance in accordance with contract clauses 52.228-5 and 52.228-4002.
13. Schedule. All work shall be completed by November 1, 2017 and between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Friday with the exception of Federal Holidays. No work shall be completed on a holiday.
14. Clean Up. The Contractor shall be responsible for leaving the area in the same condition as when he started. All materials (rocks, sod, dirt) not used shall be removed and disposed off-site. Disposal of debris shall meet all local, County and State disposal codes.
15. Coordination. All work must be coordinated in advance with Jeff Steere at 651-290-5808 or via email Jeffrey.email@example.com.
16. Initial Meeting. A pre-work meeting shall be held at Cross Lake Dam and Leech Lake Dam within 10 days of contract award.
17. Contractor's Notice: The Contractor shall give a one week notice prior to start of work in order for the park staff to notify the visitors of the area directly affected by work on this project. The Contractor shall contact Jeff Steere at 651-290-5808 or email Jeffrey.firstname.lastname@example.org with their work schedule.
18. Sanitary Facilities. Outdoor restrooms and water spigots are available on site.
19. Project Locations:
Address: Leech Lake Dam and Recreation Area
01217 Federal Dam NE
Federal Dam, MN 56641-0111
Address: Cross Lake Dam and Recreation Area
35507 County Road 66
Crosslake, MN 56442-0036
20. See Attachments:
1. Photo 1 - Leech Lake Flag Poles
Photo 2 - Cross Lake Flag Poles