|Agency:||NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION|
|Type of Government:||Federal|
|Set Aside:||Total Small Business Set-Aside (FAR 19.5)|
|Posted Date:||Sep 10, 2021|
|Due Date:||Oct 28, 2021|
|Bid Source:||Please Login to View Page|
|Contact information:||Please Login to View Page|
|Bid Documents:||Please Login to View Page|
This is Amendment #4 to the Request For Proposal (RFP) entitled Support for Atmospheric Sciences, Modeling, and Data Assimilation II (SAMDA II), Solicitation 80GSFCR0021. The purpose of this Amendment is to extend the RFP by an additional 30 days with proposals due on October 28, 2021.
You are invited to submit a proposal in response to the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Goddard Space Flight Center’s (GSFC) Support for Atmospheric Sciences, Modeling and Data Assimilation II (SAMDA II) solicitation. The principal purpose of this requirement is to provide research conducted by GSFC scientists in the Earth Science Division (Code 610). The contract will support the full range of research and development activities of the Earth Sciences Division-Atmospheres (Code 610AT) and the Global Modeling and Assimilation Office (GMAO, Code 610.1).
NASA will conduct this acquisition as a small business set-aside, competition. The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code for this acquisition is 541715. The small business size standard is 1000 of employees.
This competitive acquisition will result in a Cost-Plus-Fixed Fee (CPFF), Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ. The contract will have an effective ordering period of 5 years from the contract effective date.
If discussions are needed, the anticipated contract award date is June 15, 2022 with an August 01, 2022 contract effective date. The contract will be performed: onsite at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) and offsite at the Contractor’s facilities.
Potential offerors should pay close attention to all solicitation instructions; however, the following requirements list is summarized to assist in proposal development. Please note that this list is not exhaustive, and the solicitation terms and conditions and provisions in sections L and M take precedence:
1. A 45 day Phase-in period will be conducted. Phase-In will be conducted, under a separate contract vehicle, during the 45-day period prior to the effective date of the contract.
2. The Government will make available existing Installation-Accountable Government Property (IAGP) for onsite contract performance and Government Furnished Property (GFP) for offsite use at the Contractor’s facility as described in the RFP.
3. NASA has determined that this acquisition may give rise to a potential organizational conflict of interest (OCI). Offerors should also refer to clause L.11 GSFC 52.209-301 Notice of Potential Organizational Conflicts of Interest for OCI plan instructions. The attention of prospective Offerors is invited to FAR Subpart 9.5 --Organizational Conflicts of Interest. The Contracting Officer (CO) shall not award a contract until NASA determines any OCI is reasonably resolved. The proposed OCI Plan shall be consistent with all other areas of the proposal. Material inconsistencies between the OCI Plan and other proposal areas may render the proposal invalid, resulting in an unacceptable proposal that is ineligible for award.
4. NASA GSFC appreciates the comments received in response to the release of the Draft RFP. These comments resulted in improvements to the quality and content of the overall RFP. Offerors should review the RFP in its entirety, as its content has changed from the Draft RFP version. The following list identifies some areas where significant changes or clarifications have been made from the Draft RFP to this final RFP that may not have been addressed in the Draft RFP questions and responses;
Past Performance Prime and Subcontractor Threshold
Higher Quality Requirements clause removed
This list is not intended to cover all changes nor describe all RFP requirements. Offerors should carefully review the RFP in its entirety.
5. Be advised, in accordance with provision L.17, Offerors need to encourage their references to submit their Past Performance Questionnaires directly to the Contracting Officer prior to proposal due date.
6. Below is a list of the Source Selection Authority (SSA) and voting members along with their associated NASA GSFC organizational codes, for the Source Evaluation Board (SEB). The names provided are for informational purposes only and other than the Contracting Officer, Alonda Woodley, these individuals shall not be contacted regarding this acquisition. The Government may change personnel associated with this acquisition at its discretion.
Thomas McCarthy Code 400
SEB Chair Michael Bosilovich Code 610
Hongbin Yu Code 613
Andrea Molod Code 610
Wei-Kuo Tao Code 612
Alonda Woodley Code 210.5
7. Offerors are required to have a Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) code that matches the corporate address submitted with its proposal.
8. Additional information can also be found on the SAMDA II E- Library posted on beta.SAM.gov.
Offerors are encouraged to refer to Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) provision 52.215-1, INSTRUCTIONS TO OFFERORS–COMPETITIVE ACQUISITION, in particular paragraph (f)(4) which discusses the Government’s right to award a contract without discussions.
In order to control and protect sensitive data owned by the Government and its Contractors, NASA policy required all acquisition-related documents be released in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF). While the RFP’s Cost Volume exhibits are in PDF format, the Offeror’s Cost Volume proposal shall include completed Cost Volume exhibits in Microsoft Office Excel format with working cell formulas. Instructions for converting from PDF format to Excel format can be found in the provision GSFC 52.215-201 (ALT 1) Proposal Preparation—General Instructions (Electronic Proposal Delivery).
Documents related to this acquisition, including this letter, the solicitation, attachments, exhibits, any amendments and links to online reference/technical/bidders library will be attainable electronically from the World Wide Web through the Government-wide point of entry website at www.SAM.gov. Potential Offerors are requested to periodically monitor the websites for updates.
NASA FAR Supplement (NFS) clause 1852.215-84, OMBUDSMAN, is applicable. The Center Ombudsman for this acquisition can be found at http://prod.nais.nasa.gov/pub/pub_library/Omb.html.
This RFP does not commit NASA GSFC to pay any proposal preparation costs, nor does it obligate NASA GSFC to procure or contract for these services. This request is not an authorization to proceed, and does not authorize payment for any charges incurred by the offeror for performing any of the work called for in this solicitation.
Proposals submitted in response to this solicitation shall be due no later than October 28, 2021 3:00pm, EST.
In accordance with NFS 1815.201(f), a “Blackout Notice” has been issued to NASA personnel. All inquiries/communications pertaining to this acquisition shall be directed only to the Contracting Officer listed below.
All questions regarding this RFP should be submitted in writing, electronically to Alonda Woodley, Contracting Officer, at email@example.com on or before September 20, 2021. Offerors are encouraged to submit questions as soon as possible for consideration.
Thank you for your support. We look forward to receiving your proposals.
|Jul 27, 2021||[Solicitation (Original)] NASA - Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) Support for Atmospheric Sciences, Modeling and Data Assimilation II (SAMDA II) RFP|
|Aug 6, 2021||[Solicitation (Updated)] NASA - Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) Support for Atmospheric Sciences, Modeling and Data Assimilation II (SAMDA II) RFP|
|Aug 10, 2021||[Solicitation (Updated)] NASA - Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) Support for Atmospheric Sciences, Modeling and Data Assimilation II (SAMDA II) RFP|
|Aug 26, 2021||[Solicitation (Updated)] NASA - Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) Support for Atmospheric Sciences, Modeling and Data Assimilation II (SAMDA II) RFP|
|Sep 30, 2021|
|Oct 15, 2021|
With Free Trial, you can:
You will have a full access to bids, website, and receive daily bid report via email and web.
Follow BAA S&TCD 2018 Active Contract Opportunity Notice ID BAA-18-R-STCD Related Notice Department/Ind.
DEPT OF DEFENSE
Bid Due: 6/19/2023
Solicitation Number : W81XWH18SBAA1 Notice Type : Special Notice Synopsis : Added: Sep
Department of the Army
Bid Due: 9/30/2022
Opportunity History Complete View Original Synopsis Presolicitation Mar 23, 2018 9:11 am Changed
Department of the Army
Bid Due: 3/23/2023
Opportunity History Complete View Original Synopsis Presolicitation Jun 20, 2018 3:58 pm Changed
Department of the Army
Bid Due: 6/19/2023