Added: Jul 01, 2019 3:41 pm
The Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Integrated Service Network (VISN 3), James J. Peters VA Medical Center, Bronx New York, intends to award a sole source contract under the authority of 41 U.S.C 253(c) (1) - FAR 6.302-1 Only one responsible source and no other supplies or services will satisfy agency requirements, to MED Associates, Inc. PO Box 319, St. Albanys, VT 05078. MED Associates will provide an aversive stimulation behavior testing package to the James J. Peters Healthcare System, located at 130 West Kingsbridge Road, Bronx NY 10468. This action will result in a Firm-Fixed Price contract.
This notice of intent is not a request for quotations. Any responses received no later than COB July 9, 2019 will be considered for the purposes of determining sources for future procurements. The Government will not pay for information submitted. Any information submitted in response to this notice of intent is strictly voluntary.
NAICS 334516 Analytical Laboratory Instrument Manufacturing
NAICS 334516 is NOT on the SBA Class Waiver List and the SBA will not be granting a waiver.
This notice of intent to award a sole source contract is not a request for competitive quotes. There will be no solicitation available for competitive quotes. Phone calls will not be accepted. The point of contact for this action is Contract Specialist, Stacey Fuqua who can be reached at Stacey.Fuqua@va.gov
This will be the only notice of the Government's intent to solicit, negotiate, and award to one source to satisfy this requirement.
STATEMENT OF NEED
James J. Peters VA Medical Center
130 West Kingsbridge Road
Bronx, NY 10468
1. Title of Project: MED Associates aversive stimulation behavior testing package
2. Scope of Work: The laboratory located at JJP VAMC focused on studying the epigenetic mechanisms linking diabetes and cognitive dysfunction which need to be achieved through various neuro-behavioral testing. The aversive stimulation behavioral testing package from MED-Associate are easy-to-use controls with detailed information on a wide range of operating parameters and processing status.
3. Background: The Research and Development Service located at the James J. Peters VA Medical Center needs an aversive stimulation behavioral testing package from MED Associates Inc. to be used for research work to be done.
4. Performance Period: The contractor shall provide the deliverables required under this Statement of Need within 30 calendar days or less from date of award, unless otherwise directed by the Contracting Officer.
5. Type of Contract: Firm Fixed Price
6. Unique characteristics that limits availably to only one source, with the reason no other supplies or services can be used:
The equipment can operate simultaneously on 10 individual chambers that are required when dealing with large numbers of animals. It is suited for both mice, rats and small primates. It is universally used for operant conditioning and aversive stimulation behavior testing. It s proprietary to MED Associates and it is certified that all material used in the manufacture of these parts conform to the material and/or manufacturing specifications indicated in drawings and specifications. All items are fabricated, assembled and tested as a system by MED Associates Inc. at Georgia, Vermont manufacturing facility. MED Associates is the sole manufacturer and supplier of the equipment
Contracting Office Address:
VISN 3 Network Contracting Office
VA Medical Center
423 East, 23rd Street
New York, NY 10010
Place of Delivery:
James J. Peters VA Medical Center
130 W. Kingsbridge Road
Bronx NY 10468
1 MOD TEST CHAM, Â¾ Height, w/ SS Pan Pack TOP for Rat
2 Mouse Grid Floor for ENV-007/008 Chamber
3 Filler Panel Pkg for ENV-003 Chamber Modular Test Chamber
5 Standard Alone shocker/Scrambler 115 V AC, 60 Hz
6 10 DB-9 to DB-9 M/F Shock Floor Cable
7 10 3Pin Mini Mol M/F Ext Cab
7 10 3 Pin Mini Mol M/F Ext