|Agency:||DEPT OF DEFENSE|
|Type of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Jun 16, 2020|
|Due Date:||Jul 17, 2020|
|Bid Source:||Please Login to View Page|
|Contact information:||Please Login to View Page|
|Bid Documents:||Please Login to View Page|
REQUEST FOR INFORMATION
Machining, Welding, Painting and Fabrication Services Contract
THIS IS A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) ONLY, which is being issued in accordance with (IAW) Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) subpart 15.201(e) as part of market research. This is not a solicitation/request for proposal and no contract shall be awarded from this synopsis. There is no solicitation package available at this time. All interested parties should send responses and any comments/questions to Mrs. Alyssa Grice, email: email@example.com. All responses must be received NLT 12:00 local Maryland time on 17 July 2020. All questions and comments must be in writing; no telephone calls will be accepted. The Government will not pay for any information received in response to this request, nor will the Government compensate any respondent for any costs incurred in developing the information provided to the Government. Not responding to this RFI does not preclude participation in any future RFP, if any is issued. If a solicitation is released, it will be synopsized under Contract Opportunities Section of the beta.sam.gov website at https://beta.sam.gov. It is the responsibility of the potential offerors to monitor this site for additional information pertaining to this requirement.
Purpose: Aberdeen Test Center (ATC) - Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG) in Aberdeen, MD is one of the Department of Defense’s (DoD’s) foremost test and training ranges supporting DoD, non-DoD and commercial material developers by testing a broad spectrum of equipment throughout the life cycle, from concept through deployment.
Request for Information (RFI) is sought for Machining, Welding, Fabrication and Painting Support Services (Non-Personal Services) at ATC – APG. The intent of this RFI is to gauge industry interest, capability and relevant experience, in non-customer specific terms, as it relates to providing these support services in furtherance of ATC’s mission. This RFI is the initiation of market research under Part 10 of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR). To assist with the RFI submissions the following draft documents will be attachments to this RFI: draft Performance Work Statement (PWS), draft Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP).
In addition to functional experience with project oversight, offerors must have experience in the below stated areas.
a. Fabricate specifically described items of test support equipment and materiel such as weapons components, gun mounts, test models, targets, instrumentation brackets and related hardware.
b. Perform specifically described modifications and repairs to items being tested and evaluated by ATC.
c. Make/fabricate, intricate, experiment, prototypes of military hardware and equipment. Examples of tasks to be performed are: threat containment units requiring critical machine work and 100% X-ray welding by certified welders; scale model ship sections utilizing experimental metals and materials in order to upgrade/modify Naval fleet; prototype armor targets using exotic metals and materials; armor targets to upgrade weapons and ammunition, etc.
d. Perform machining, welding, heat treating, sheet metal and heavy metalworking services.
e. Must have ability to operate an array of CNC controlled mills and lathes. Must be able to operate laser, plasma, waterjet, and oxy fuel cutting systems.
f. Provide crane support and miscellaneous material handling support to the machine and weld shops.
Contractors must be properly registered in the Government’s System for Award Management (SAM) database. SAM registration can be found at https://beta.sam.gov.
Business Size Standard: The North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) code is 333992 - Welding and Soldering Equipment Manufacturing. The small business size standard is 1,250 employees. As part of the RFI response, please state if your company is a small business under this NAICS code.
While the primary Product Service Code for this requirement is K034 – Modification of Equipment, Metalworking Machinery, however, due to the nature of the work, 4933 - Weapons Maintenance and Repair Shop Specialized Equipment, has also been utilized.
Industry Day: This acquisition will not have its own industry day.
Estimated Dollar Value: Not to exceed $49.5M
Estimated Period of Performance: Five (5) years
Place of Contract Performance: This contract requires all work to be performed at Aberdeen Test Center (ATC) – Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG).
Contract Type: At this time, this requirement is anticipated to be an Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (ID/IQ) with Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF) and Firm Fixed Price (FFP) task orders.
Request for Information: Please respond to the following in Arial font size 12 in no more than 10 pages in length.
1. Point of Contact Information:
c. Point of Contact:
d. Phone Number:
e. Email Address:
f. CAGE Code:
2. Please identify your company’s size standard per the primary NAICS code of 333992 Engineering Services. The Small Business Size Standard for this NAICS code is 1,250 employees.
For more information on small business, refer to: https://www.sba.gov/document/support--table-size-standards.
If your company is a small business, indicate whether any of the small business categories below apply:
Small Disadvantaged Business (DB):
Woman-Owned Small Business:
Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone):
Veteran-Owned Small Business:
Service-Disable Veteran-Owned Small Business:
3. If you identify your company as a SB or any of the SB subcategories as stipulated in Question 2, is your company intending to submit a proposal as a prime contractor?
4. Is your company capable of performing at least 51% of the work? If so, please explain how your company will perform the work within the parameters of the Ostensible Subcontractor Affiliation rule.
5. Is your company prepared to assume financial liability for damages to Government equipment and property incurred as a result of your performance of work under this contract? Please explain.
6. Does your company possess the capabilities to provide the entire range of products and services discussed in this RFI? If NO, please provide specific capabilities that you intend to provide?
7. Please provide the following information for up to 3 examples of similar work that your company has performed as a prime or a sub-contractor:
8. Is your company planning on business arrangements with other companies? If so, please list the process used in selecting the members.
9. Please provide details regarding proposed joint ventures, teaming arrangements, strategic alliances, or other business arrangements to satisfy the requirements above. Offerors are encouraged to identify teams, indicating each team member's size based upon the NAICS code of the work that the team member may be doing.
10. Does your company possess or is it capable of obtaining an approved Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) accounting system prior to contract award?
11. All Contractor employees supporting classified task assignments shall possess a SECRET clearance or higher issued by the Defense Security Clearance Office (DISCO) or who were the subject of a favorably completed National Agency Check, National Agency Check with Law and Credit Check (NACLC) or Special Agreement Check (SAC). More details regarding Facility Clearance, Personal Clearances, et al security information are available in the attached draft PWS under C.16 SECURITY.
12. Please provide additional information that you believe we should know about your company in support of this RFI.
With Free Trial, you can:
You will have a full access to bids, website, and receive daily bid report via email and web.
Id Title Status Due/Close Date Main Category Solicitaion Type Issuing Agency eMM ID
State Government of Maryland
Bid Due: 8/21/2020
Formal Solicitation Details Solicitation Number RFP # 1112666 Bid Opening/ RFP Closing Date
Bid Due: 8/25/2020