Added: Dec 19, 2018 12:04 pm
The Defense Health Agency (DHA) Medical Logistics (MEDLOG) Division Medical Materiel Enterprise Standardization Office (MMESO) and the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Troop Support Medical Prime Vendor (PV) Program announce a Sources Sought notification for the creation of a Qualified Suppliers Listing (QSL) for Linens, Single-Use. This is not a request for a price quote. The MMESO West is the lead MMESO for this project.
These Linens, Single-Use products are for purchase by the Military Treatment Facilities (MTFs) of the Military Health System (MHS) and for the operational assemblages of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Naval Expeditionary Medical Support Command (NEMSCOM) and managed regionally by MMESOs North, South, West, Pacific and Europe, hereafter referred to as MMESOs. For information regarding DLA Troop Support Medical's PV program please access the DMMOnline web site at https://www.medical.dla.mil.
This Sources Sought notification is intended to solicit information and products for evaluation in order to create a QSL for Linens, Single-Use in accordance with (IAW) FAR 9.2. The QSL for Linens, Single-Use will be established approximately May 2019 and is anticipated to be the basis of a Standardization Action. All medical consumable items on this QSL must be on a Distribution and Pricing Agreement (DAPA) for the DLA Troop Support Medical/Surgical Prime Vendor (MSPV) Program. All participating vendors must complete the registration in the DAPA Management System (DMS) at https://www.medical.dla.mil/Portal/DapaMS/DapaMS.aspx and include either their DAPA number or their Defense Medical Materiel (DMM) number as part of their FBO worksheet submission. Receiving a DMM number allows access to the DMS and is the first step to becoming a DAPA holder. DAPA holders must be prepared to ship items to the PVs, so that the PVs may carry inventory and MTFs may designate items as usage; therefore, standardized items may not be coded in the DMS as "drop ship only." Note: It is recommended that new participants contact each PV prior to adding items to DAPA, in order to gain a full understanding of the PV's requirements and any potential costs associated with PV handling of those items.
If you qualify as a vendor on the QSL, you will then be invited, approximately June 2019, to submit pricing quotes and a separate screenshot of your submitted DAPA Log submission or existing DAPA base uncommitted pricing for all required items to the MMESO POCs. Both pricing quotes and substantiating DMS documentation will be required for eligibility to enter into an Incentive Agreement (IA) for Linens, Single-Use. Only those vendors with an established DAPA will be eligible to enter into the subsequent IA. The Government reserves the right to standardize or not standardize on Linens, Single-Use.
The MSPV Program requires that all items be manufactured in a Trade Agreements Act (TAA) Compliant Country (see DFARS 252.225-7020 AND 252.225-7021), unless it is determined that no functionally equivalent item is available from a compliant source. To be eligible for inclusion in the proposed QSL, all vendors are required to provide country of origin information in the QSL FBO Package Worksheet. In addition, according to the DAPA Terms and Conditions, vendors must complete the DAPA TAA Certification for each item quoted. If a quoted item is a TAA Non-Compliant End Product, the Government can use this information to determine whether or not a non-availability determination exists or if the Government will make a non-availability determination for the item. Unless a non-availability determination is made or a waiver is obtained, TAA Non-Compliant Country End Products cannot be added to the QSL and/or DAPA. Any questions concerning TAA may be directed to Donna Raday at DLA Troop Support, firstname.lastname@example.org, 215-737-7885.
A. Products & Performance Required
The MMESOs are seeking product line items in the category of Linens, Single-Use. Within the MHS MTFs and operational procurement this product line has an estimated annual sales volume of $242,908.66. This forecast is based on historical usage data during a recent 12-month period. Four items are required for addition to the QSL and account for 49.4% ($120,007.75) of the total volume in sales ($242,908.66). The specifications for this project are shown in the "Requirements to Qualify for QSL" section below.
B. Instructions to Vendors
Vendors interested in qualifying for inclusion in the QSL must respond to this QSL FBO Sources Sought notification by sending the appropriate FBO worksheet and all supporting documentation via e-mail to the lead MMESO POCs below. The vendor's submission must include all detailed information requested in the "Requirements to Qualify for QSL" section below and must also include: (1) Company name and address; (2) Company POC (Name and Phone Number, Fax Number, and E-mail address); (3) Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) Code; (4) Identification of the Sources Sought notification to which the vendor is responding, and (5) DAPA or DMM number. Due to the potential for e-mail to be lost in transmission, from network security, etc., vendors are strongly encouraged to confirm with the lead MMESO that their e-mail submission has arrived. Each submitting vendor is advised to confirm receipt allowing adequate time for resubmission before the due date and time. As part of the "Requirements to Qualify for QSL," vendors must complete and submit the QSL FBO Package Worksheet. Any vendor experiencing difficulty opening the Worksheet may contact the MMESO POCs. The MMESO POC will provide a Worksheet copy via an alternate method (fax, e-mail or hard copy).
Vendors that do not meet the deadline of COB 5:00 PM Pacific Standard Time (PST) on the response date above for this QSL FBO Sources Sought notification will not be included in the lead MMESO's review to establish the QSL and thus will not be able to participate in the subsequent Standardization Action.
Requirements to Qualify for QSL
The requirements for this product line are outlined below. Complete answers and all supporting documentation must be provided with the vendor's submittal by the response date stated in this QSL FBO Sources Sought notification. A vendor who does not meet all of these requirements or who does not submit documentation to support these requirements as requested will not be qualified for the QSL. Vendors must provide responses to this Sources Sought notification via the QSL FBO Package Worksheet.
1. Vendor must have a DAPA or be in the process of applying for a DAPA number for the product line listed. Vendor must provide their DAPA number or provide date of application and DMM number proving access to the DMS, as the subsequent Standardization Action requires vendors to have all required items on DAPA.
2. Vendor must have an agreement with the current DoD Medical/Surgical Prime Vendor CARDINAL HEALTH, or must work with CARDINAL HEALTH to initiate an agreement, as standardized items from this QSL will be distributed via the MSPV program.
3. Vendor must have an agreement with the current DoD Medical/Surgical Prime Vendor OWENS & MINOR, or must work with OWENS & MINOR to initiate an agreement, as standardized items from this QSL will be distributed via the MSPV program.
4. Vendor must have a government issued Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) code assigned for products contained within the specific product group or be in the process of obtaining one. Vendors must validate that their account is Active in the System for Award Management (SAM) and provide CAGE Code. Vendors in the process of obtaining a CAGE Code must provide documentation to support that they have registered in SAM. Vendors without a CAGE Code and/or a SAM account will not be considered for participation in the subsequent Standardization Action. See https://www.sam.gov/portal/public/SAM/.
5. Vendor quoted products shall be TAA compliant. End-items quoted shall be manufactured or substantially transformed either in the U.S. or in Designated or Qualifying countries, unless source non-availability determination is made. Therefore, the vendor at the item level must provide country of origin for all required items and any optional items offered. Vendor must provide product catalog & literature for any items offered in response to this Sources Sought notification. Vendor must submit the following information via QSL FBO Package Worksheet for each offered product: Full item description, Distributor Part Number, Manufacturer Part Number, Manufacturer Name, Number of eaches in Unit of Sale, and country of origin. Only ONE Vendor Part Number (PN) should be provided for each item/sample. Vendor must send the same part number(s) for evaluation(s) as provided in response to this QSL FBO announcement and as noted in the QSL FBO Package Worksheet.
Required Products / Annual Usage in Units /
5.1 DRAPE SHEET, 40IN X 48IN, 2-3 PLY, TISSUE MATERIAL / 147,000 /
5.2 FLAT/DRAW BED SHEET, 40IN X 72-84IN, 2-3 PLY, TISSUE AND POLYESTER MATERIAL / 3,250 /
5.3 PILLOWCASE, 20-22IN X 29-32IN, TISSUE AND POLYESTER MATERIAL / 124,424 /
5.4 DRAPE SHEET, 40IN X 60IN, 2-3 PLY, TISSUE MATERIAL / 231,050 /
6. Vendor must provide Linens that are single-use and/or single patient use and provide documentation to support this with initial submittal.
7. Vendor must provide Linens, Single-Use products that are disposable and documentation to support this with initial submittal.
8. Vendor must provide Linens, Single-Use products that are not made with natural rubber latex and documentation to support this with initial submittal.
9. Vendor must provide Linens, Single-Use products that are non-sterile and documentation to support this with initial submittal.
10. Vendor must provide Linens, Single-Use products that are blue and/or white hue and documentation to support this with initial submittal.
11. Vendor must provide Linens, Single-Use products that do not tear or shred during use.
Vendor may provide any or all of the additional items listed below, following the same format as for requirement number 5.
Optional products /
1. DRAPE SHEET, 40IN X 48IN, 2-3 PLY, TISSUE AND POLYESTER MATERIAL /
2. DRAPE SHEET, 40IN X 90-96IN, 2-3 PLY, TISSUE AND POLYESTER MATERIAL /
3. DRAPE SHEET, 50IN X 84IN, 2-3 PLY, TISSUE AND POLYESTER MATERIAL /
4. FLAT/DRAW BED SHEET, 40IN X 72IN, 2-3 PLY, TISSUE MATERIAL /
5. FLAT/DRAW BED SHEET, 58-62IN X 96IN, 2-3 PLY, TISSUE AND POLYESTER MATERIAL /
6. STRETCHER SHEET, 30IN X 72IN, TISSUE AND POLYESTER MATERIAL /
7. STRETCHER SHEET, 37-40IN X 84-90IN, TISSUE AND POLYESTER MATERIAL /
After the lead MMESO receives all information required above, they will send each vendor making a complete and approved submission a written request to provide product samples to the Evaluation Site Leader (ESL) at the participating MTFs. MTF "Ship to" Addresses will be provided as part of the request. To ensure your eligibility to participate, all products required for evaluation must be shipped no later than 14 calendar days from issuance of the MMESO's request and must arrive at all designated MTFs no later than 5:00 PM local time at delivery location, 20 calendar days from issuance of the MMESO's request. Products received after the stated date and time will not be included in review to establish the QSL nor will these products participate in the subsequent Standardization Action. Products arriving after the stated deadline will be destroyed upon receipt.
Vendor will provide only the following products for evaluation. The products will be provided at no cost to the government for products or delivery, and unused products will not be returned. Ten each of the commercially packaged items listed below are to be provided to each of the evaluation sites as requested by the Lead MMESO. Vendor will be required to supply the same part number(s) submitted in the QSL FBO Package Worksheet.
Items for Evaluation
FLAT/DRAW BED SHEET, 40IN X 72-84IN, 2-3 PLY, TISSUE AND POLYESTER MATERIAL
There will be approximately 5 MTFs enterprise-wide that will be evaluating products.
The MMESO Evaluation Site Leader will review the responses from the vendors and the results from the product evaluations and determine which vendors meet the requirements. A vendor who provides all requested information and meets the requirements will be selected for inclusion in the QSL. Vendors will be notified of whether they met or did not meet the QSL requirements by approximately May 2019.
Points of Contact (POCs):
MMESO West Team Leader Ms. Gabrielle Burns, 619-532-7554, email@example.com. DLA Troop Support Medical Contracting Officer: Tara J. Perrien, firstname.lastname@example.org, 215-737-8307.
Added: Feb 21, 2019 11:32 am
The purpose of this Cancellation Notice is to inform entities previously interested in providing these services that this Sources Sought notification has been cancelled based on the needs of the government.
The new QSL FBO for Linens Single Use, MW-1902-10, is now available using the following links:
Solicitation External Reference:
Solicitation External Reference To Packages:
There are no other changes at this time.