LEGAL BID ADVERTISEMENT
INVITATION TO BID
FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF LLOYD AVE WATERLINE REPLACEMENT (CIP 4046) & ELECTRIC
AVE WATERLINE LOOP (CIP 4168)
1. DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT. The City of Beaverton is accepting sealed bids for the project, Lloyd Ave Waterline
Replacement (CIP 4046) & Electric Ave Waterline Loop (CIP 4168). The project consists of 851 feet of 8-inch, 6-
inch and 4-inch potable waterline and associated structures such as fire hydrants and water services. The project
cost is approximately between $250,000 and $ 300,000.
2. DEADLINE. Bids must be submitted by 2:00 P.M. on January 7, 2020. First-tier Subcontractor Disclosure Forms
for this project are due no later than 4:00 P.M. on January 7, 2020 to Terry Muralt, Purchasing Agent, at the 2nd
Floor Finance Utility Billing Counter by fax, (503) 526-2490, or by email, bidmail@BeavertonOregon.gov.
3. DELIVERY METHODS. Bids submitted for this project must be submitted by mail, courier, or in person. Bids
may not be submitted by facsimile (fax) or email.
a. Mail. Bids submitted by mail must be sent to Terry Muralt, Purchasing Agent, P.O. Box 4755,
Beaverton, OR 97076. Mailed Bids will be date and time stamped upon receipt. Bids received in the
mail after the deadline will not be accepted.
b. In-person Bids. In-person bids must be provided to Terry Muralt, Purchasing Agent, at the Finance
Utility Billing Counter. The Finance Utility Billing Counter is located on the 2nd Floor of the Beaverton
Building, located at 12725 SW Millikan Way, Beaverton, OR 97005. Upon request, the City will issue a
written receipt providing the date and time the bid was received.
4. BID OPENING. Bids will be publicly opened and read at 2:00 P.M. in the Rogue River Room at the Beaverton
Building located on the 2nd Floor. No Bids will be accepted after the Bid Closing time and date.
5. NON-MANDATORY PRE-BID CONFERENCE. A non-mandatory pre-bid conference for this project will be held in
the Rogue River Conference Room at the Beaverton Building located on the 2nd Floor at 10:00 A.M. on
December 23, 2019. This conference is to provide prospective Bidders with the opportunity to ask questions
related to bidding or building the work under the resulting contract. Questions that cannot be addressed by
direct reference to the Bid Documents may be answered through an addendum issued to all plan holders.
6. LOCATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Bidders may obtain plans and specifications for the project in person at 12725
SW Millikan Way, 2nd Floor Finance Utility Billing Counter, Beaverton, OR 97005, by calling (503) 526-2228, or
by visiting the City’s website at http://apps2.BeavertonOregon.gov/Bids/ after registering an account with the
City and subscribing to the bid.
7. ODOT APPROVAL LETTER. An ODOT approval letter is not required for this contract.
8. PREVAILING WAGES. The contract expected to be awarded in connection with this solicitation is subject to the
state prevailing wage rates under ORS 279C.800 to 279C.870 and/or the federal prevailing wage rates under the
Davis-Bacon Act (40 U.S.C. 3141 et seq.). No Bid will be received or considered by the City unless the Bid contains
a statement by the Bidder that “Bidder agrees to be bound by and will comply with the provisions of ORS
279C.838, ORS 279C.840 or 40 U.S.C. 3141 to 3148.”
For more information regarding this project contact Jim Brink, Project Manager, at 503-789-5664 (cell) or Marisa
Fanguy, Assistant Project Manager, at 503-729-4742 (cell).
PUBLISH: Daily Journal of Commerce
DATE: December 16, 2019