COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA
C H OUNTY OF ENRICO
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE
Oscar Knott, CPP, CPPO, VCO
August 13, 2020
Invitation for Bid
Math Manipulative Kits
Subject: Furnish all tools, labor, and equipment necessary to provide inside delivery of Math Manipulative
Kits to the Henrico County Public Schools in accordance with the enclosed general terms, conditions,
Sealed bids in accordance with the conditions, specifications, and instructions below and on the attached sheets or
drawings hereto, if any, will be received and accepted through eVA, the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Procurement
Portal (https://eva.virginia.gov) no later than August 28, 2020, local prevailing time, 2:00 p.m. and will be opened and
publicly read aloud through a WebEx meeting at https://henrico.webex.com/meet/wil203 or by phone at 1(415) 655-
0002 US Toll; Access Code 160 155 9733.The WebEx meeting line will be made available for joining five (5) minutes
prior to public opening.
Time is of the essence, and no bids will be received after the appointed time for submission. The time for the receipt
of bids shall be determined by the time clock in eVA. Bidders are responsible for ensuring that their bid is submitted
in eVA by the deadline indicated.
All Bidders shall use the enclosed Bid Form in submitting their bid prices. The Purchasing Division reserves the right
to waive any informality in bids and to award in part or in whole or to reject any or all bids.
Nothing herein is intended to exclude any responsible bidder, its product or service or in any way restrain or restrict
competition. On the contrary, all responsible bidders are encouraged to bid and their bid is solicited. Comments as to
how bid documents, specifications or drawings can be improved are welcome.
Pursuant to Henrico County Code Section 16-43, the award will be made by the Purchasing Director.
This IFB and ay addenda are available on eVA and the County of Henrico, Virginia website at
https://henrico.us/finance/divisions/purchasing, and on eVA at https://eva.virginia.gov/.
Should you have any questions concerning this Invitation for Bid, please contact Kennedy Williams at
email@example.com by no later than August 19, 2020.
Very truly yours,
Oscar Knott, CPP, CPPO
Kennedy Williams, VCA, VCO
Procurement Analyst II
8600 STAPLES MILL ROAD / P.O. BOX 90775 / HENRICO, VIRGINIA 23273-0775
(804) 501-5660 FAX (804) 501-5693
I. SCOPE OF WORK/SERVICES
The intent and purpose of this Invitation for Bid is to establish a contract with a qualified
supplier to provide inside delivery of Math Manipulative Kits to Henrico County Public
Schools in accordance with the enclosed general terms, conditions, and specifications.
B. General Requirements.
1. The Successful Bidder shall be a firm regularly engaged in the sale of the product
2. The Successful Bidder shall be responsible for coordinating inside delivery of products to
the coordinating school. The delivery locations are listed on Attachment E.
3. Prices quoted shall be FOB destination. Freight charges shall be included in the bid price.
4. Quantities listed on the bid form are an estimate of HCPS enrollment which may change.
C. Specifications and Pricing Requirements.
1. See Bid Form for specifications including brand and model number for each item
HCPS is purchasing.
2. If bidding other than the specified product, each bidder shall submit with their bid,
product specifications and pictorial literature.
3. If bidding other than the specified product, samples may be requested. Failure to
provide samples may be cause for the bid being declared “non-responsive.”
4. The Successful Bidder shall hold their pricing for 90 days from the date of the
award for additional orders if needed.
D. Bid Submission Requirements.
1. Bidders shall provide a listing of at least 3 recent references for which you have
provided this product or service. (See Attachment B)
2. Bids shall be submitted in an electronic response and will only be accepted
through eVA, the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Procurement Portal.
3. Complete bid submissions will include the following documents:
a. Bid Form;
b. Signature Sheet;
c. Business Category Classification Form;
d. Virginia State Corporation Commission Information (Attachment A);
e. Bidder’s Reference Sheet (Attachment B);
f. Direct Contact with Student Certification (Attachment C); and
g. Product specifications and pictorial literature (if required).
II. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
All bidders shall note that the Invitation for Bid (IFB) method of procurement does not allow
any modifications or exceptions to the County’s Section II., GENERAL TERMS AND
CONDITIONS. Any modifications or exceptions made to this section shall cause your bid
response to be considered non-responsive.
1. Bidders are welcome to provide comments regarding how the bid documents,
specifications or drawings can be improved. Bidders requesting clarification or
interpretation of or improvements to the bid general terms, conditions, specifications
or drawings shall make a written request which must reach the Purchasing Division,
Department of Finance, at least eight (8) calendar days prior to the date set for the
receipt of bids.
2. Any changes to the bid general terms, conditions, specifications or drawings shall
be in the form of a written addendum from the Purchasing Division and it shall be
signed by the Director of Purchasing, Department of Finance or a duly authorized
3. An addendum shall be issued no later than six (6) calendar days prior to the date
set for the receipt of bids. However, an addendum extending the date for the receipt
of bids or an addendum withdrawing the Invitation for Bid may be issued any time
prior to the date set for the receipt of bids.
4. Each bidder shall be responsible for determining that it has received all addenda for
the Invitation for Bid issued by the Purchasing Division before submitting a bid for
5. Each bidder shall acknowledge the receipt of each addendum on the Bid Form.
B. Authorization to Transact Business in the Commonwealth (Va. Code §2.2-4311.2):
1. Any business entity that enters into a written contract with the County of Henrico
(the "County") that is organized as a stock or nonstock corporation, limited liability
company, business trust, or limited partnership or registered as a registered
limited liability partnership must be authorized to transact business in the
Commonwealth of Virginia as a domestic or foreign business entity if so required
by Title 13.1 or Title 50 of the Code of Virginia, or as otherwise required by law.
2. Any business entity described in paragraph B.1 above that enters into a contract
with the County shall not allow its existence to lapse or allow its certificate of
authority or registration to transact business in the Commonwealth if so required
by Title 13.1 or Title 50 of the Code of Virginia to be revoked or cancelled at any
time during the term of the contract.
3. Any business entity organized or authorized to transact business in the
Commonwealth pursuant to Title 13.1 or Title 50 of the Code of Virginia must
include in its bid or proposal the identification number issued to it by the State
Corporation Commission. (ATTACHMENT A) Any business entity that is not
required to be authorized to transact business in the Commonwealth as a foreign
business entity under Title 13.1 or Title 50 of the Code of Virginia or as otherwise
required by law shall include in its bid or proposal a statement describing why the
bidder or offeror is not required to be so authorized.
4. A bidder described in subsection 3 that fails to provide the required information
shall not receive an award unless a waiver is granted by the Director of Finance,
his/her designee, or the County Manager.
5. Any falsification or misrepresentation contained in the statement submitted by the
bidder pursuant to Title 13.1 or Title 50 of the Code of Virginia may be cause for
6. The County may, in its sole discretion, void any contract with a business entity if
the business entity fails to remain in compliance with the provisions of this
section, entitled "Authorization to Transaction Business in the Commonwealth."
C. Award of Contract:
1. The Purchasing Division reserves the right to waive any informality in bids and to
award in part or in whole or to reject any or all bids. The reasons for the rejection
shall be made a part of the contract file.
2. In case of a tie bid, preference shall be given to goods, services, and construction
produced in the County of Henrico or the State of Virginia or provided by persons,
firms or corporations having principal places of business in the County of Henrico
or the State of Virginia, if such a choice is available; otherwise the tie shall be
decided by lot. A County of Henrico business shall be given preference over a
State of Virginia business, if such a choice is available.
3. The Purchasing Division shall have the right, before awarding the contract, to require
a bidder to submit such evidence of its qualifications as it may deem necessary and
may consider any evidence available to it concerning the financial, technical, and
other qualifications and abilities of a bidder. (See Attachment B)
4. It is the intent of the Purchasing Director to award a contract to the lowest responsive
and responsible bidder provided the bid does not exceed the funds available for the
contract. The bid will be awarded by Total Bid Price. (See the Bid Form)
5. Notice of award or intent to award is posted on the Purchasing Division website:
6. The bidder to whom the contract is awarded shall, within fifteen (15) days after
prescribed documents are presented for signature, execute and deliver to the
Purchasing Division the contract forms and any other forms required by the bid.
7. The County may during the first ninety (90) days after this contract is awarded,
with the concurrence of the contractor, place additional orders under the contract
at the original unit price through the issuance of separate purchase orders. The
aggregate of such additional orders shall not exceed 100% of the quantity
originally stated in the contract.
D. Bid Security:
Bidder is not required to furnish a bid security with this bid.
E. Bidder's Representation:
1. By submitting a bid in response to this Invitation for Bid, the bidder certifies that it
has read and understands the bid documents, specifications, and drawings, if any,
and has familiarized itself with all federal, state and local laws, ordinances, rules and
regulations that in any manner may affect the cost, progress or performance of the
2. The failure or omission of any bidder to receive or examine any form, instrument,
addendum or other documents, or to acquaint itself with conditions existing at the
site(s), shall in no way relieve any bidder from any obligations with respect to its bid
or to the contract.
The Successful Bidder is not required to furnish a Performance Bond and a Payment Bond
for this contract.
By submitting a bid in response to this Invitation for Bid, the Bidder represents that in the
preparation and submission of this bid, said Bidder did not, either directly or indirectly,
enter into any combination or arrangement with any person, Bidder or corporation or enter
into any agreement, participate in any collusion, or otherwise take any action in the
restraint of free, competitive bidding in violation of the Sherman Act (15 U.S.C. Section
1) or Sections 59.1-9.1 through 59.1-9.17 or Sections 59.1-68.6 through 59.1-68.8 of the
Code of Virginia.
1. The County shall not pay for any goods or services until the same have been actually
received by the County.
2. Successful Bidder shall provide the Purchasing Division their social security number
upon request. Proprietorships, partnerships and corporations shall provide their
federal employer identification numbers upon request (Va. Code § 2.2-4354.2).
3. The Successful Bidder shall submit a complete itemized invoice on each item or
service, which is delivered under the contract. The Successful Bidder shall indicate
the purchase order number on the front of each invoice and on the outside of each
package or shipping container.
4. Cash discounts shall be deducted in accordance with the terms of the bid.