State of Missouri
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
RETURN BID BY:
May 30, 2019 at 3:00 PM
Melissa Blankenship (573) 526-7451
Customized Mobile Events Trailer
This document constitutes a request for competitive bids including prices from companies to provide a customized
mobile events trailer, as described herein.
Bids must be e-mailed to the Missouri Lottery, to firstname.lastname@example.org so that they will be received no
later than 3:00 p.m. CST on May 30, 2019. Proposals received after that cutoff time will be marked late and will not be
opened or evaluated.
"Request for Proposal #00716” should be noted on the submission.
All questions regarding the Request for Proposal (RFP) should be submitted via e-mail to
The bidder hereby agrees to provide the products and services at the prices quoted, pursuant to the terms of this
document, which are incorporated by reference, and further understands that signature by an authorized official of the
Lottery constitutes acceptance and a contract shall exist between the bidder and the Lottery.
PLEASE PRINT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION EXCEPT FOR THE REQUIRED SIGNATURE:
Bidder's Company Name ________________________________________________________________________
Mailing Address _______________________________________________________________________________
City/State/Zip Code ____________________________________________________________________________
Telephone #___________________Fax #_________________________E-mail_____________________________
MO State Vendor # (if known)____________________________ ________________________________________
MO State Sales Tax # _________________________Fed. Tax ID #/SS#___________________________________
MO Corporate Charter # __________________ MO Payroll Withholding #_________________________________
By signing this Request for Proposal, I expressly warrant that I have full and complete authority to bind the entity on
whose behalf I have signed, and that neither I nor anyone with any monetary interest or ownership in my corporation,
association, or firm is an immediate family member living in the same household as a Missouri Lottery employee.
Bidder’s Authorized Signature
Printed Name and Title (if applicable) of Authorized Signer
NOTICE OF AWARD
This bid is accepted by the Missouri Lottery.
Missouri Lottery Authorized Signature
SCOPE OF WORK
The Missouri Lottery is accepting competitive bids for a customized mobile events trailer with the exact
specifications listed below:
1.1 The trailer shall be a new tandem axle trailer frame equipped with an aluminum custom body
designed for Lottery ticket selling equipment. The body shall be a self-contained/self-supporting
platform consisting of a climate-controlled ticket selling area, climate-controlled secure area,
storage compartment, and ventilated generator compartment. All framing and structural supports
shall be welded in accordance with the current standards as set forth in the American Welding
Society Code. The body shall have a seamless finish with no exposed fasteners.
1.2 The custom body shall be installed on the trailer frame according to all current SAE International,
industry and safety standards, complete with all components required for normal operation, serviced
and ready to operate.
1.3 General and Exterior Requirements:
• 26 foot X 8 foot wide trailer with a maximum weight of 12,000 pounds.
• Retractable wheel system.
• Telescoping self-storing hitch system with 2-5/16 inch ball coupler.
• Hydraulic hitch jack with a minimum lift capacity of 10,000 pounds.
• Break-a-way battery kit with battery.
• Tandem axle configuration:
o Minimum 3,500-pound independent tandem axles with electric brakes.
o Minimum 3,500-pound independent suspension for each wheel.
o Five painted steel trailer wheels – four on the axles and one stored spare.
o Five 10-ply rating heavy-duty trailer tires with load range for GVWR, all season tread –
four on the axles and one stored spare.
• Minimum 16 inch ground clearance.
• All aluminum construction custom body manufactured utilizing aluminum alloys capable of
carrying the maximum payload allowed by the chassis.
• All metal, weather-tight construction.
• Fabricate/furnish and install:
o Four (4) corner posts.
o Roof framework.
o One-piece aluminum roofing.
o Side posts with .040 aluminum sheets glued to the posts.
o Front corner radius, nose radius and corner caps.
o Paintable caulk.
o 3/16 inch aluminum sub floor.
o Four (4) 8,000-pound manual leveling corner jacks.
o Flip up fender skirts.
o 24-inch aluminum tread plate rock guard on front of trailer.
o All required Department of Transportation lights (LED) and light cord/connector.
o Closure trim at bottom of exterior side panels.
• Curbside concession openings:
o Front curbside concession openings: Frame out three (3) 4 foot X 4 foot concession
openings on curbside starting approximately 12 inches from front of trailer and install
concession doors, including gas shocks & prop rods, for ticket selling windows.
Furnish & install custom cut glass with slots for selling tickets in three front
curbside concession openings.
o Rear curbside concession opening: Frame out one (1) 7 foot 8 inch X 4 foot concession
opening approximately 24 inches behind first opening and install concession door,
including gas shocks & prop rods, for mounting of television monitors described in
Audio Visual Components section below.
Fabricate and install recessed aluminum pan into rear curbside concession opening
to mount monitors.
• “Second Chance Ticket” slot - Cut and frame out one (1) slot in curbside of trailer between the
front curbside concession openings and the rear curbside concession opening for a "Second
Chance Ticket" slot and include box on interior of trailer to catch tickets.
• Roadside generator door - Frame out opening and install 48 inch X 36 inch top hinge generator
door on roadside as close to front as possible, including gas shocks and 180 degree hold open
• Frame out and install two (2) aluminum RV style doors with flush door latch:
o One (1) 48 inch X 78 inch entry door in rear of trailer.
o One (1) 36 inch X 78 inch entry door on roadside of trailer approximately 48 inches
back from nose (i.e. adjacent to roadside generator door described above).
o Fabricate two (2) 2-step portable steps, one for each entry door.
• Fabricate flip-up roof sign frame for the front of the rooftop - approximately 24 feet X 16 inches
• Paint base steel structure one color for corrosion protection.
o Paint allowance for exterior touch up of the trailer.
• Furnish one (1) 10 kW diesel-powered generator plumbed to furnished 25-gallon in-frame fuel
tank, including ground rod with cord, ground rod puller and cam lock end plug.
• One (1) 55-amp power converter with charger.
• Two (2) 930 CCA AGM batteries to connect to the converter.
• One (1) 12 Volt main disconnect switch.
• One (1) generator-ready main breaker load center.
• Install twelve (12) interior 20-amp receptacles wired to load center.
• Install four (4) exterior weatherproof 20-amp receptacles with GFCI breaker.
• Install one (1) 50-amp single-phase transfer switch and cam lock inlets.
• Furnish one (1) set of 25-foot single-phase cam lock cords.
• Furnish and install ten (10) recessed 6-inch LED lights in the trailer interior.
• Furnish and install three (3) interior wall switches.
• Furnish and install two (2) 12-volt entry/porch lights to exterior of unit.
• Furnish and install additional exterior lighting around concession windows for nighttime selling.
1.6 HVAC System
• Furnish and install two (2) 15,000 BTU rooftop air conditioning units with heating capabilities
and condensate drains. Zoned-thermostat controlled.
1.7 Interior Requirements
o Line with 1-1/2 inch foam board insulation and .040 pre-finished white aluminum.
o Line with 1-1/2 inch foam board insulation and .050 pre-finished white aluminum.
o Provide and install slip-resistant coin- or diamond-patterned soft plastic flooring tile
with coordinating cove wall base.
• Partition walls:
o Fabricate and install full partition wall approximately 32 inches from rear of trailer,
creating a 32-inch storage area.
o Fabricate and install second full partition wall with a 28-inch secure door approximately
7 feet 10 inches in front of first partition wall, creating a secure room on the rear side of
the second partition and a larger ticket selling area in front of the second partition.
• Provide and install a one-way mirror in the second partition wall to the left of the secure door.
• Cabinets, closet, chairs and appliances:
o Furnish and install custom upper cabinets with top hinge doors and custom lower
cabinets with stainless steel countertops along curbside and roadside walls of ticket
o Furnish and install a custom wardrobe closet with top shelf and clothes rod along
roadside wall of ticket selling area.
o Furnish and install three (3) swivel captain’s chairs in front of each ticket-selling
o Fabricate three (3) custom brackets and mount customer-furnished monitors from the
bottom of the cabinets above each ticket-selling window.
o Furnish and install custom lower cabinets with stainless steel countertops in secure
o Furnish & install upright refrigerator/freezer in the secure room.
o Furnish & install microwave oven in the secure room.
o Install customer-furnished safe in the secure room.
1.8 Audio Visual Components
• Furnish & install:
o Two (2) large flat panel mounts with tilt and two 46- to 50-inch outdoor sunlight
viewable televisions in exterior rear curbside concession opening.
o One CD/SD/USB/BT Player with AM/FM tuner.
o Single zone audio mixer with ducking.
o Two-channel amplifier.
o Two (2) premium outdoor speakers mounted permanently on roof.
o Wireless microphone system.
o 15-amp power conditioner.
o 10-space rotomolded plastic rackmount road case.
o 50-pound capacity, key locking rackmount drawer with slam latch.
o Wall mount remote control with volume control knob.
o All required wiring, cables, etc.
• Manufacture and install full coverage printed 3M graphics to exterior of unit.
• Pillowcase style banner to cover the rooftop sign frame with print on face side only.
2. PLAN SUBMISSION, SCHEDULED MEETINGS AND INSPECTION
• The contractor shall meet with Lottery staff at the contractor’s place of business for a pre-
construction meeting, a mid-construction meeting, and a final pre-delivery meeting and trailer
inspection. It is highly desirable that the pre-construction meeting occur within thirty (30) calendar
days of contract award. The time of the mid-construction and the final pre-delivery meetings shall be
mutually agreed upon by the Lottery and the contractor.
• The contractor shall incorporate the Lottery’s input provided at each of the described meetings, and
shall construct/finish the trailer in compliance with the Lottery’s direction.
3. ROADWORTHINESS OF TRAILER
• The trailer must comply with all current Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, and otherwise
comply with all applicable state and federal guidelines, codes and regulations for vehicle safety.
• The trailer’s body area shall be designed to equally distribute the curbside-to-roadside payload to the
maximum degree possible. Payload for the trailer’s tongue and axles shall be appropriately arranged
so as not to exceed the load of the tongue or axles.
• The custom body shall be designed to withstand use on unimproved surfaces.
4. ROAD TEST PROCEDURE
• The contractor shall complete a factory road test of not less than 20 miles prior to the trailer’s
delivery to the Lottery to ensure the trailer’s towability and that it operates effectively. The road test
must be documented and presented by the contractor to the Lottery at time of delivery.
• The contractor shall provide a certified weight certificate to the Lottery upon delivery of the trailer.
• The contractor shall provide all OEM chassis and individual OEM component manuals as provided
by the OEM manufacturers. In addition, the contractor shall provide two (2) sets of As-built
Electrical Schematics AD and DC.
• The contractor shall provide a Certificate of Origin and title application to the Lottery.
• The contractor shall provide the manufacturer’s standard bumper-to-bumper warranty for the trailer
• In addition, the contractor shall provide at minimum each of the warranties stated below:
o Ten (10) year structural warranty on the custom manufactured body.
o Five (5) year paint finish warranty on the custom manufactured body.
o Five (5) year warranty on the fabricated components for the custom manufactured
o Three (3) year warranty on electrical systems for the custom manufactured body.
• Properly executed warranties for at minimum each of the above must be provided at time of
delivery. A warranty shall not become effective until delivery and acceptance of the trailer by the
• Following successful completion of the final pre-delivery meeting and trailer inspection, the
contractor shall deliver the trailer to the following location.
1823 Southridge Drive
Jefferson City, MO 65101
• The delivery must be coordinated with the Lottery and arranged a minimum of seventy-two (72)
hours in advance of the requested delivery.
• The contractor shall understand and agree a separate delivery charge shall not be applied or invoiced
to the Lottery. The contractor shall be responsible for all costs related to the trailer delivery.
• At the time of delivery and final inspection, the contractor shall provide on-site training that covers
the set-up and operation of all trailer systems at no additional cost to the Lottery. The contractor
shall also provide a written or electronic copy of the set-up and user procedures related to the