|Agency:||National Aeronautics and Space Administration|
|State:||Prince Edward Island|
|Type of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Oct 11, 2017|
|Due Date:||Nov 14, 2017|
|Bid Source:||Please Login to View Page|
|Contact information:||Please Login to View Page|
|Bid Documents:||Please Login to View Page|
Solicitation Number :
Notice Type :
Added: Oct 11, 2017 11:56 amNASA Armstrong Flight Research Center (AFRC) is hereby soliciting information about potential sources for the procurement and installation of an electronic standby instrument systems (ESIS) in the ER-2 aircraft. The ESIS will consist of a cockpit display, independent airdata unit and magnetometer.
For additional information on the ER-2 Cabin Altitude Reduction Effort (CARE) Electronic Standby Instrument System, see the attached draft ER-2 CARE Electronic Standby Instrument System Statement of Work.
This Request for information is to solicit specific capability information from industry and promote competition. For planning purposes, we are requesting that the responses to this RFI include the following information:
1) A requirement-by-requirement response to the ER-2 CARE Electronic Standby Instrument System Procurement Specification.
2) A brief description of the proposed technical solution, and its capabilities, key interfaces, compliance with the requirements (and/or enhanced capabilities), operations concept and heritage.
3) Identification of any deviations from the capabilities and performance requested and/or interface requirements that would allow the provision of an ER-2 CARE Electronic Standby Instrument System at reduced cost, and associated cost reduction.
4) A brief description of company capabilities, applicable facilities, and experience, building, testing and qualifying Electronic Standby Instrument Systems spaceflight focal plane assemblies.
5) Notional high-level schedule for instrument implementation through delivery to the project in relation to the delivery date requested in the ER-2 CARE Electronic Standby Instrument System Statement of Work (SOW) Section 4 Deliverables.
6) The approximate cost of a delivery of the units as specified in the SOW. Costs should be in real year dollars. Include total cost and a cost breakdown to include:
7) Description of key technical, schedule, and price drivers and options to mitigate risks and/or reduce schedule.
8) Identification of any potential developmental risk items, parts or subsystems and a brief explanation as to how to mitigate that risk.
9) For this RFI, a Firm Fixed Price (FFP) contract type should be assumed. Please indicate if your company would consider a Firm Fixed Price contract for a potential future Request for Proposal.
Contracting Office Address :
NASA/Armstrong Flight Research Center,
Code A, P.O. Box 273
Mail Stop 4811-140
Edwards, California 93523-0273
Place of Performance :
NASA Armstrong Flight Research Center
Edwards, California 93523
Primary Point of Contact. :