Informal Bid No: DS013119
Bid for: Silane Sealer
Bid Due (no later than): February 14th, 2019 at 10:30 AM, local time
Buyer: David Schlueter, (612) 673-2834
User Department: Public Works
Scope: To furnish and deliver 100% Active Silane Sealer (No Solvent), to the City of
Minneapolis, all in accordance with the provided specifications and bid form.
Please submit all questions in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Posting of Informal Bids:
City of Minneapolis Website - http://www.minneapolismn.gov/finance/procurement/bidopenings
All addendums can be found online; please check the above website BEFORE submitting your
completed bid response. Vendors are responsible for acknowledging bid addendums.
Informal Bids Can Be Submitted By:
Automatic Bid/RFP Notification:
Visit the Purchasing website at -
http://www.minneapolismn.gov/business/business_doing_business_with_city to sign up for e-mail updates
and to view Formal Bids, Informal Bids and RFPs
Effective January 1, 2014, State of Minnesota requires vendors to obtain an ST-3 exemption certificate to
substantiate a full (State & Local) sales tax exemption on sales to Minnesota cities, counties, and
townships. This form can be found on the City of Minneapolis website at
TERMS OF PURCHASE
1. Definitions: The term "Purchaser" means the City of Minneapolis and the several departments and boards of the City, and the term "Seller"
means the person, firm or corporation from whom the merchandise or service has been ordered or the construction work is to be performed.
2. Taxes: The City of Minneapolis is exempt from sales tax. For more info, please refer to the Sales Tax Fact Sheet 176 at:
3. Contract: Seller’s copy of Purchase Order and/or contract when properly signed, is the only form which will be recognized by Purchaser as
authority for charging merchandise to its account, supersedes all previous communications and negotiations, and constitutes the entire
agreement between the parties. No terms stated by Seller in accepting or acknowledging an order shall be binding upon Purchaser unless
accepted in writing by Purchaser. Seller may not assign order without Purchaser's prior written consent. No waiver of a breach of any provision
of order shall constitute a waiver of any other breach of such provision or of any other provision. If this Purchase Order is issued under a
contract with the city, all terms, conditions and requirements in the contract will prevail over the terms and conditions set forth in this Purchase
Order. Time is of the essence on order or work performed.
4. Quantity: The quantity of merchandise delivered shall not be greater than the amount specified unless an additional amount is first ordered by
Purchaser in writing on its "Purchase Order Change" form. Purchaser may return quantities in excess of amounts specified to Seller at Seller's
5. Shipment: A notice of shipment shall be sent to Purchaser at the time of shipment which shall state the number of the order, the kind and
amount of merchandise, and the route by which the shipment is being made. All merchandise shall be suitably packed, marked, and shipped in
accordance with shipping instructions specified herein and the requirements of common carriers in a manner to secure the lowest transportation
cost. Seller shall be liable for any difference in freight charges arising from its failure to (a) follow the shipping instructions specified herein or
(b) properly describe the shipment. Purchaser and Seller mutually agree to assist each other in obtaining documents and other information
necessary for the prosecution of claims against carriers.
6. Invoice: Invoices must be emailed or mailed to the “bill to” address shown in the Purchase Order. Invoices must show the name of the city
division to which the merchandise was delivered or shipped and the Purchase Order number. If any sales, use, duty, excise or other similar tax
or charge, for which Purchaser has not furnished or agreed to furnish an exemption certificate, is applicable to order, it must be stated separately
on the invoice.
7. Responsibility: Seller shall be responsible for any and all loss or damage to the merchandise until delivered to Purchaser at the F.O.B.
destination point specified on the face of order; or, if no such F.O.B. destination point is specified, until delivered to a common carrier or to
Purchaser's plant, whichever may first occur.
8. Inspection: All merchandise is subject to Purchaser's inspection within a reasonable time after arrival at the ultimate destination. If upon
inspection any merchandise is found to be unsatisfactory, defective, or of inferior quality or workmanship, or fails to meet the specifications or
any other requirements of order, Purchaser may return such merchandise to Seller at Seller's expense. Payment for merchandise prior to
inspection shall not be construed to be an acceptance of unsatisfactory or defective merchandise. Upon the return of any unsatisfactory or
defective merchandise, Seller shall reimburse Purchaser for (a) any amounts paid by Purchaser on account of the purchase price of such returned
merchandise and (b) any costs incurred by Purchaser in connection with the delivery or return of such merchandise.
9. Warranty: Seller warrants that the merchandise will conform to its description and any applicable specifications shall be of good merchantable
quality and fit for the known purpose for which it is sold. This warranty is in addition to any standard warranty or service guarantee given by
Seller to Purchaser, or any warranty provided by law.
10. Title: Seller warrants that the merchandise is free and clear of all liens and encumbrance and that Seller has a good and marketable title to the
11. Compliance: Contractor agrees that during the life of this contract it will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment or
do any other act which is prohibited by, or fail to comply with the provisions of all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations
pertaining to discrimination which shall be considered a part of this agreement as if more fully set forth herein. Contractor agrees that it will
include a provision similar to the above paragraph in all subcontracts entered into for the performance hereof. Contractor hereby agrees that
this contract may be cancelled or terminated by the city and all money due or to become due hereunder may be forfeited for violation of the
above statutes and ordinances or this paragraph.
12. Termination for Default: In the event of a breach of any of the terms of order including Seller's warranties, Purchaser may, at its option and
without prejudice to any of its other rights, cancel any undelivered merchandise.
13. Patents, Trademarks, and Copyrights: Seller warrants that the sale or use of this merchandise will not infringe or contribute to the
infringement of any patents, copyrights or trademarks in either the United States or foreign countries. Seller shall indemnify Purchaser against
any loss or damage (including reasonable attorney's fees and other costs of defending an action) arising from the breach of this warranty.
14. Contract Security: If required by specifications, a bond must be filed in the full amount of contract for the use of the City of Minneapolis, and
of all persons during work or furnishing or engaging skill, tools, machinery, materials, insurance premiums, equipment or supplies, under or for
the purpose of this contract pursuant to Section 574.26 Minnesota Statutes annotated, for the strict and faithful performance of contract by the
contractor or his employees or agent. The form, content and execution of said bond to be approved by the City Attorney. The bond shall be
approved by the proper City officers, signing and counter signing the contract.
15. Insurance: Evidence of insurance must be filed with the Purchasing Agent showing compliance with all insurance requirements which have
been set forth in specifications. Where there are no specifications, or they do not set forth insurance requirements, evidence of the following
insurance shall be furnished by all contractors when the purchase order includes any labor or services.
• Commercial General Liability Insurance: $1,000,000 per occurrence for bodily injury and property damage including coverage for
premises/operations and products/completed operations
• Auto Liability: $1,000,000 combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage. (If no Auto Liability, the Commercial
General Liability policy should cover Non-Owned Auto Liability)
• Waiver of Subrogation in favor of the City of Minneapolis should be included on the ACORD Form (if applicable) for the
Insurance listed above (excluding Worker’s Compensation Insurance).
• Workers’ Compensation Insurance as required by law.
BID SPECIFICATIONS FOR 100% SILANE SEALER
FOR CONCRETE FLOOR SLABS IN THE
4th STREET (GARAGE C) PARKING FACILITY
The City of Minneapolis, Public Works, is seeking bids for the purchase of a VOC compliant, 100% active
silane sealer (no solvent) to be applied to 600,000 square feet of concrete, vehicular traffic areas in the 4th
Street (Garage C) Parking Facility. Product must be compliant with Alberta DOT Transportation Sealer
Classification Type 1B and/or 1C. All of the material shall be one component. No dilution of the product shall
be required or allowed. Acceptable manufacturers and product list enclosed.
Bidder must submit upon request the following test data and information for any proposed product:
➢ NCHRP 244 Series II
➢ NCHRP 244 Series IV
➢ Material Safety Data Sheets
➢ Product application instructions, to include clean-up methods and cure time
➢ 1-year warranty on shelf-life
Bids should be calculated using the products average square feet per gallon for application on horizontal
concrete parking decks, and must be delivered in 55 gal drums or manufacturer’s standard barrel.
Product must be delivered on or before June 1, 2019.
Quantities shall be allowed to be increased up to 100% at bid prices until April 1, 2020.
Product may be delivered all together or in shipments to:
City of Minneapolis
661 5th Avenue North
Mpls Minnesota, 55405.
Delivery must be scheduled with:
Rick Butler @ 612-221-5263 or
Steve Brynteson @ 612-919-7222
Questions regarding this project should be directed to:
PART 2 - PRODUCTS
A. Manufacturer: Subject to compliance with requirements, provide products of one of
following, only where specifically named in product category:
1. Advanced Chemical Technologies Inc. (ACT), Oklahoma City, OK.
2. BASF Building Systems (BASF), Shakopee, MN.
3. Evonik Degussa Corporation (Evonik Degussa), Parsippany, NJ.
4. Lymtal International Inc. (Lymtal), Lake Orion, MI.
5. Sika Corporation (Sika), Lyndhurst, NJ.
2.2 MATERIALS, CONCRETE SEALER
C. Silane (90% or greater solids, 400 g/L or less VOC):
1. MasterProtect H 1000, 200 sf/g, BASF.
2. Iso-Flex 618-100 CRS, 200 sf/g, Lymtal.
3. Protectosil BHN, 200 sf/g, Evonik Degussa
4. Sikagard 705L ,200 sf/g, Sika.
5. Sil-Act ATS-100 LV, 200 sf/g, ACT.
6. TK-TRI-SILANE 590-100
©2018, Walker Parking Consultants/Engineers, Inc. All rights reserved.
071900 - 5
Bid # DS013119
Bids due at 10:30 AM, Local Time
February 14th, 2019
My/Our bid to provide 100% Active Silane Sealer (no solvent), to cover 600,000 square feet of
horizontal concrete slabs, to the City of Minneapolis, all in accordance with your specifications.
Do Not include sales taxes in your bid pricing.
Average square feet per gallon for horizontal concrete slab application______________/SqFt
Gallons needed to cover 600,000 Square Feet: ___________________________/Gallons
Price per gallon: $__________________________________________________
A single contract will be awarded to the low, responsive, responsible bidder using total cost of
Actual order will be placed for a quantity required to cover 600,000 square feet and rounded to
the nearest quantity of the manufacturer’s standard barrel or 55-gallon drum.
BUSINESS PHONE (_____)______________________________
FAX NUMBER (_____)_________________________________