TERMS & CONDITIONS
NISD Bid #2020-175
Page 1 of 3
1. Northside Independent School District (“NISD” or “District”) requests quotes for the purchase of
Diploma Covers & Sheets. The intent of this quote is to provide Northside High Schools and
Magnet High Schools with a qualified and approved vendor from which they can purchase
Diploma Covers & Sheets.
2. This quote will cover a period of one year, beginning November 1, 2020, or date of award,
whichever is sooner, through October 31, 2021. Northside reserves the right to extend this
contract for two (2) additional one-year terms with the same terms and conditions if agreeable to
both the District and vendor(s). Renewal of Contract will be in accordance with Local Government
Code 271.903 concerning non-appropriation of funds for multi-year contracts. The Board of
Trustees of Northside Independent School District, or its designee, reserve the right to rescind the
Contract at the end of each fiscal year if it is determined that there are insufficient funds to extend
3. Freight will be prepaid by the vendor. Inside delivery is required.
4. The District must have your quote returned and on file in the Purchasing Department. Faxed or
emailed copies will not be accepted.
5. Contract period will begin with the 2021 graduating class and extend, if renewed by the District,
through the 2023 graduating class.
6. Purchase Orders will be submitted from the Purchasing Department for approximate quantities for
each school following the quote award.
7. Lists of potential graduates will be provided as follows:
A. May Graduates – Each school will submit a list of potential graduates to the successful
bidder on or before the month of February for each contract year. The delivery of covers
and sheets from this list will be on or before the month of April for each contract year.
1. Diploma Sheets are to be delivered inserted in the diploma cover, if requested
by the school.
2. Additional requests for diploma sheets will be handled as follows:
a. Any request not submitted on March 1, but prior to May 15, will
be delivered within ten (10) days from receipt of order.
b. Any request after May 15 will be delivered within 48 hours.
B. First and Mid-Term Graduates – Names of first and mid-term graduates will be submitted as
soon as they are identified. Diploma Covers and Sheets will be ordered for delivery within
ten (10) days. Any additional requests after submission of initial list will be delivered within
8. For certificates with errors, the company will be notified by phone followed by a confirmation
letter. If phone notification is prior to May 1st of each contract year, the new certificates will be
delivered to the school within ten (10) days after notification. If the company is notified after May
1st of each contract year, the new diploma will be delivered to the school within 48 hours after
9. All diplomas shall be returned to the Schools in alphabetical order.
NISD Bid #2020-175
Page 2 of 3
10. SAMPLES OF DIPLOMA COVERS, CERTIGARD DIPLOMA SHEETS SHOWING
ENGRAVING, AND THE PLASTIC ENVELOPES MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH EACH
BID. FAILURE TO SUBMIT SAMPLE WITH QUOTE WILL BE CAUSE FOR QUOTE TO BE
CONSIDERED NON-RESPONSIVE AND REJECTED.
11. For information purposes, the following are approximate numbers of 2020 graduates from each
Communication Arts High School
Construction Careers High School
Earl Warren High School
Health Careers High School
John Jay High School
John Jay Science & Engineering Academy
John M. Harlan High School
John Marshall High School
John P. Stevens High School
Louis D. Brandeis High School
NSITE High School
Oliver W. Holmes High School
Sandra Day O’Connor High School
Tom C. Clark High School
William H. Taft High School
William J. Brennan High School
2020 GRADUATING CLASS SIZE
DIPLOMA COVER SPECIFICATIONS
To fit diploma insert measuring 9” x 7”.
B. Cover Material
.010 morocco or calf grain leatherette in color selected by school.
C. Cover Board
.060 warp resistant Red Label Davey Board or equivalent.
1/8” polyether foam laminated to .015 felt protection sheet on side exposed to cover material. The
padding MAY NOT be exposed to the cover material.
A sharp single line panel is embossed ¼” from the edge of the cover, on upfold style only.
Panoramic style with hinge at the left omits panel.
The school name shall be stamped on the cover. The style and color shall be selected by the school.
1. The lining shall consist of two pads sized to fit the diploma insert measuring 9” x 7”.
2. Material – 100% acetate moiré (for taffeta) laminated to 40-lb. white backing sheet.
3. Corner pockets – Four ¾” vat dyed satin corner pockets. The corner pockets are located on the
lower lining on the top-fold style, or the right lining on the panoramic style.
4. Lining Board - .040 binders cloth board.
NISD Bid #2020-175
Page 3 of 3
.010 morocco or calf grain leatherette. Same material as cover.
I. Cover Construction
1. Bottom to top fold, hinge at top, rigid cover.
2. The entire back of the cover is glued and anchored on the cover board. All four corners MUST
be neatly turned and the linings MUST be securely and neatly glued in place.
A clear plastic certigard will be provided to protect the insert.
A clear plastic envelope will be provided for each cover. The envelope should be open on end with
DIPLOMA SHEET SPECIFICATIONS
9” x 7”
100% rag fiber American Diploma Parchment, 46-lb., and basis 17” x 22”.
C. Method of Reproduction
Base – genuine steel plate engraving of banknote quality.
D. Graduate’s Name and Dateline
The graduate’s name and dateline shall be engrossed in a style to conform to the body of the
E. Facsimile Signature
The signature of the four School District officials appearing on insert will be engraved.
F. School Etching – Crest
Steel engraved school etching to appear below heading of diploma insert. Pictures of schools and
crests will be furnished by NISD. Crest to be etched on cover lining.
QUESTIONS REGARDING THE BID PROCESS & SPECIFICATIONS, CONTACT:
George M. Ayala, Director of Purchasing
(210)397-8845 / firstname.lastname@example.org