|Type of Government:||State & Local|
|Posted Date:||Jun 10, 2020|
|Due Date:||Jul 10, 2020|
|Bid Source:||Please Login to View Page|
|Contact information:||Please Login to View Page|
|Bid Documents:||Please Login to View Page|
We stand ready to help any customer in need. Our People First philosophy led us to suspend disconnects while our community bands together during this challenging time. If you are experiencing financial hardship, we urge you to contact us for help. Call us at 210-353-2222 or online at cpsenergy.com/assistance .
For the safety of our customers and employees, face coverings are highly suggested, but not required. Please let us know if you need assistance. Our modified customer service center hours are 10:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday.
Company to collect amounts due to CPS Energy on gas and electric service accounts, business contracts, installation or repair billings, and other customer debts.
Companies wishing to provide a Response for this Solicitation must download the Collective Document for this Solicitation no later than July 9, 2020 from the website. There is a link for the Collective Document located on the left side of this page, under the “Solicitation Documents.” To successfully download the documents, it is recommended that Google Chrome 33+, Mozilla Firefox 38.01.1, or Internet Explorer 9 or greater be used.
There will be no Pre-Solicitation Meeting.
Response Due Date:
Responses are due no later than July 10, 2020 at 3:00 PM (Central). CPS Energy reserves the right to reject late Submittals. The Collective Document contains all pertinent information regarding Responses.
Contact Name: Marco A. Gomez
Contact Email: email@example.com
Request for Proposal
Collection Agency Services
Request For Proposal No. 7000160452
Issued: June 10, 2020
Proposal Submission Deadline: July 10, 2020 by 3:00 p.m. (Central Time)
P.O. BOX 1771
SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS 78296-1771
Please complete and return the following Acknowledgement of Receipt to indicate that you have received our Request for Proposal (RFP) and wish to participate in this RFP process. Failure to provide this document may result in disqualification.
A. STATEMENT OF INTENT
The City of San Antonio, acting by and through City Public Service Board (“CPS Energy”) issues this Request for Proposal (“RFP”), to solicit proposals (“Proposal”) from qualified and experienced companies (each a “Respondent”) in providing Collection Agency Services pursuant to the attached Statement of Work (“SOW”) # 10639745.
B. ABOUT CPS ENERGY
CPS Energy is the nation’s largest municipally owned energy utility providing both natural gas and electric service. Acquired by the City of San Antonio in 1942, CPS Energy serves more than 800,000 electric customers and 340,000 natural gas customers in and around San Antonio (1,515 square mile service area). CPS Energy is governed by a five-person Board of Trustees, consisting of the Mayor of the City of San Antonio and four citizens representing the four geographical quadrants of the City of San Antonio. Information about CPS Energy’s history, operations and management is available on www.cpsenergy.com.
C. CONTACT INFORMATION, QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
During the solicitation period, the Procurement Analyst identified below shall be the sole contact for any inquiries from prospective Respondents. Any inquiries from Respondents shall be submitted in writing by electronic mail.
Marco A. Gomez
Procurement Agent, Supply Chain
D. RESTRICTIONS ON COMMUNICATIONS
Respondents are prohibited from communicating with CPS Energy employees, representatives, staff, or Board Members regarding this RFP during the period in which submittals have been solicited or are being evaluated (other than the Procurement Analyst identified in herein in the designated manner), with the exception of pre-submittal meetings open to all Respondents or responses to questions posed during interviews scheduled after responses are received and opened. Restricted communication includes, but is not limited to, “thank you” letters, phone calls, emails, and any contact that results in the direct or indirect discussion of the RFP and/or submitted Proposals. Violation of this provision by Respondents or their agents may lead to disqualification of the Respondent’s Proposal.
E. RFP SCHEDULE
CPS Energy will make a concerted effort to maintain the schedule below, but reserves the right to revise the schedule based on CPS Energy’s business needs.
June 10, 2020
Deadline for Respondent’s Questions & Submission of Acknowledgement of Receipt
By 3:00 p.m. (Central time) on June 19, 2020
CPS Energy Responses to Submitted Questions
By 3:00 p.m. (Central time) on June 24, 2020
Respondent Proposals Due
By 3:00 p.m. (Central time) on July 10, 2020
Proposed Contract Commencement
F. AMENDMENTS TO SOLICITATION
CPS Energy may amend this RFP. If this RFP is amended, all terms and conditions that are not amended remain unchanged.
Participation in the Non-Mandatory Pre-Bid meeting on the date and time indicated above is strongly recommended but not required in order to be considered for award. Respondents who do not attend this meeting MUST complete and return the Acknowledgement of Receipt prior to the Deadline for Respondent’s Questions (also indicated above). The Acknowledgement of Receipt can be found on the cover page of this document. Proposals received from Respondents who do not attend the Non-Mandatory Pre-Bid meeting or submit the Acknowledgement of Receipt may not be evaluated.
A. PROPOSAL SUBMISSION
1. Proposal Format. Respondent must submit three electronic files:
1) Business & Technical Proposal (Section II(B) below), a text-searchable PDF (portable document format, non-zipped) document;
2) Cost Proposal (Section II(C) below), a text-searchable PDF (portable document format, non-zipped) document; and
3) Contract Terms & Conditions (Section II(D) below), a Microsoft Word (or compatible) document, with comments if any, with tracked-changes enabled.
2. Proposal Submission Requirements.
1) All electronic components of the Proposal must be emailed to the Procurement Analyst’s email address specified herein on or before the RFP Proposal Due Date identified in the RFP Schedule above.
2) CPS Energy will evaluate the Respondent’s Proposal and the Respondent’s ability to satisfactorily perform Services and/or provide Goods or Software. Proposals not meeting all requirements are subject to rejection.
3) Additional Requirements and Terms and Conditions related to Proposal Submissions can be found below in Addendum A.
B. BUSINESS & TECHNICAL PROPOSAL
1. Table of Contents
A table of contents of all sections, figures, exhibits and tables of the Proposal, preferably bookmarked (or tabbed) on the PDF of the submitted Proposal. The bookmarks (tabs) in the submitted Proposal should match up with the numbering of the Proposal Submission Requirements listed in the RFP.
2. Cover Sheet
The Cover Sheet shall contain the following:
a. The solicitation number;
b. The name, address, telephone number, and email address of the Respondent; and
c. The names, titles, and contact information of the person(s) authorized to make representations on Respondent’s behalf with CPS Energy.
A brief summary of the major facts or features of the Proposal, including any conclusions, assumptions, and recommendations the Respondent desires to make.
4. Company/Firm Overview
a. Overview. The name and a brief description or history of the Respondent.
b. Location. The location of the Respondent’s headquarters and branch locations that will have individuals assigned to CPS Energy, or where Respondent will manufacture Goods.
c. Local Presence. If the Respondent has offices within the San Antonio metropolitan area, indicate the name, type (headquarters, branch, etc.), address, telephone number, number of employees, and the general nature of business undertaken at each San Antonio area location.
d. Environmental Sustainability Practices. CPS Energy is dedicated to environmentally conscious practices that lead to the betterment of our community. To that end, CPS Energy prefers to purchase products and materials, where feasible, that demonstratively minimize the harmful effects to the environment from their production, transportation, use and / or disposition. This is aligned to our belief that the focus on improving our overall environmental footprint benefits our community and our customers. Please provide information regarding Respondent’s environmental sustainability practices, if any.
5. Minimum Qualifications
a. Minimum Qualifications. Respondent shall include a description and information demonstrating their ability to meet the following Minimum Qualifications:
i. Electronic means to submit collection files.
ii. Respondent must be SSAE 18 compliant.
b. Proposals not meeting Minimum Qualifications shall not qualify for evaluation, despite meeting other submission requirements.
6. Experience and Qualifications to perform the Services
a. Experience. A description of the Respondent’s operational history which reflects that the Respondent has been actively performing the Services for a minimum of five (5) consecutive years.
b. Qualifications. In a general fashion, describe the Respondent’s experience and qualifications. Provide information demonstrating the qualifications and resources the Respondent currently has available to provide the Services, including a description of all resources that will be used.
c. Resource Availability. In a general fashion, describe the Respondent’s availability of resources currently available to provide the Services, including a description of all resources that will be used. Resources may include field or shop personnel as well as company owned/rented equipment or facilities.
d. References. A minimum of three (3) references from the last five (5) years from different companies which the Respondent has provided similar Services, Goods, or Software to those identified in this RFP, which shall include the company name, complete address, and contact person’s name, phone number and email address for each reference submitted. A brief description of the Services performed by the Respondent shall accompany each reference. In addition to the list provided, CPS Energy reserves the right to independently contact other companies with which the Respondent has engaged in a business transaction.
e. Quality Control.
i. A complete copy of Respondent’s Quality Control manual.
ii. A complete copy of Respondent’s Quality Assurance program.
iii. A statement describing whether QA/QC manuals are qualified by ISO 9001 or any other standard.
f. Citations. A list of any citations, notices of violation, legal proceedings, fines, or project terminations that any Federal, State, local regulatory agency or department, corporation, or individual has issued to or against the Respondent, or any employee of the Respondent while that employee was working for the Respondent, during the past three (3) years (“Citations”). For each Citation, state the nature of the Citation and the date of its resolution, together with the contact person for the Respondent who could address any questions about the matter. If there are no Citations, Respondent shall provide such a statement.
7. Financial Soundness
A statement of Respondent’s financial strength, including whether it has been profitable for each of the prior three (3) fiscal years, and whether the current year-to-date is profitable. A copy of Respondent’s last three fiscal year’s financial statements (audited preferred), and the most recent quarter’s financial statements. Financial statements should include the balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement, statement of shareholder equity, comprehensive income, and all related notes. CPS Energy reserves the right to include financial information obtained from Dun & Bradstreet and similar financial information providers in its analysis of Respondent’s financial strength.
8. Bonding – Payment and Performance Bonds
Respondent shall submit a letter of certification from a surety company confirming that Respondent is qualified to execute a valid performance bond and a valid payment bond for the estimated value of its Proposal.
9. Responsible Respondent Questionnaire
Respondent shall complete and submit the following Responsible Respondent Questionnaire.
Respondent shall complete and submit the following Disclosure.
11. Subcontractors, Subsidiaries & Multiple Parties
a. Respondent shall complete and submit the following Subcontracting Form.
b. Subcontractors. Additionally, Respondent shall submit resumes including detailed experience of each proposed subcontractor, if applicable. All Services, Goods, or Software furnished by a subcontractor in lieu of the Respondent shall be so stated in the Respondent’s Proposal and shall be included in the Respondent’s Fees/Compensation or Price Schedule.
c. Subsidiaries. If applicable, any subsidiary of Respondent that may perform any of the Services or provide any of the Goods or Software, in whole or in part, must be approved by CPS Energy prior to execution of a contract. For any subsidiary of Respondent who will provide Services or to whom the Respondent expects to delegate any of the Services, provide the name, address, and a list of management and key personnel, including resumes showing the experience of individuals actually performing the Services. All Services, Goods, or Software furnished by a subsidiary in lieu of the Respondent shall be so stated in the Respondent’s Proposal and shall be included in the Respondent’s Fees/Compensation and/or Price Schedule.
d. Multiple Parties. If applicable, Proposals that include a joint venture, partnership, affiliated business arrangement, or consortium with other vendor applications or with subcontractors, should contain the following information relating to each proposed participating member: company name, business address, telephone number, year company was established, ownership of company, and a description of participation in Respondent’s Proposal.
12. Business Questionnaire
a. Respondent shall complete and submit the following CPS Energy Business Questionnaire and a current year Form W-9 with the Respondent’s Proposal. Business Questionnaires shall only be considered valid for one (1) year from classification date and must be updated with a new Business Questionnaire beyond such one (1) year period.
b. The Business Questionnaire assists CPS Energy, who is a federal contractor, with reporting its contracting activity to the federal government, in identifying a Respondent’s business, if applicable, as Local, Small, and/or Diverse in accordance with the definitions/descriptions below:
Local - Businesses that maintain a business office in the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area, as identified in the 2012 Economic Census, U.S. Department of Commerce Economics and Statistics Administration U.S. Census Bureau. The area includes the following counties: Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina, and Wilson.
Small - A business that does not exceed the Small Business Administration's size standards, which vary by work category. Information about each category and size standard can be located by going to http://www.sba.gov/size/indextableofsize.html
Diverse - Any business which meets one of the following classifications: Women, Minority, Veteran, Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) Zone, or Service-disabled Veteran.
C. COST PROPOSAL - PRICE/FEES/COMPENSATION
This section requests the Respondent’s price and fees for providing the Services, Goods or Software requested.
1. Fees. Respondent shall submit a completed Exhibit A “Compensation Schedule” to SOW# 10639745.
2. Services. For Services, all fee/compensation proposals for Respondent’s Services. Detail any minimum fee amounts, and the methods of fee calculations. All fee arrangements must clearly state the type and amount of expenses and costs CPS Energy would incur relating to Respondent’s Services.
D. CONTRACT terms & conditions
1. Existing Agreement/Terms and Conditions
If Respondent has a current, non-expired Master/Services Agreement or Terms and Conditions with CPS Energy with an Effective Date of February 1, 2016 or later, either: (1) provide a copy of the relevant Agreement or Terms and Conditions, or (2) reference the CPS Energy Purchase Order related to the relevant Agreement or Terms and Conditions. CPS Energy reserves the right to negotiate a new Agreement or Terms and Conditions other than that provided by or referenced by Respondent.
Any and all exceptions to the scope of services, statement of work, requirements, specifications, or the terms and conditions of the proposed contract(s) (unless provided in accordance with the above section) must be clearly acknowledged and inserted in “tracked-changes” (red-lined) format using Microsoft Office or compatible and must accompany the Proposal. If there are no exceptions, the words, “NO EXCEPTIONS,” must be stated either on the proposed contract or in the Proposal.
III. CONTRACT EVALUATION AND AWARD
A. EVALUATION FACTORS
1. In evaluating Proposals, CPS Energy in its sole discretion, will give weight and importance to the evaluation criteria listed below in order of most-to-least important:
• The ability to meet CPS Energy’s requirements;
• Experience and qualifications to perform the Services;
• The overall cost;
• The financial soundness of the Respondent; and
• Economic Development.
2. Economic Development. Respondents classified as a local business in accordance with the zip codes defined within the San Antonio metropolitan area, and/or a small, disadvantaged, minority-owned, woman-owned, service-disabled, veteran-owned, HUBZone business, will receive a preference in the evaluation process.
B. CONTRACT AWARD
1. Policies & Procedures. This procurement will comply with applicable CPS Energy procurement policies and procedures. The evaluation factors outlined above shall be applied to all eligible, responsive Proposals. Qualifying Proposals will be assessed in order to identify the best value to CPS Energy. CPS Energy may or may not choose to award a contract under this solicitation.
2. Investigations. CPS Energy may conduct investigations, as deemed necessary, to assist in the evaluation of any Proposal and to establish the responsibility, qualifications, and financial ability of the Respondent, proposed subcontractors, and other persons and organizations who may perform Services or provide Goods and/or Software. The Respondent shall furnish, upon request and in a timely manner, all such data and information requested for this purpose.
a. CPS Energy will evaluate all Proposals based upon the evaluation criteria set forth in this RFP and as further clarified throughout the evaluation process. Based upon CPS Energy’s initial evaluation of the Proposals, CPS Energy may make a final decision for award or may prepare a short list of apparent qualified Respondents. CPS Energy may select one or more potential Respondents as candidates for a contract award.
b. CPS Energy may or may not award a contract to a Respondent after analysis and evaluation of the Proposals.
c. CPS Energy may evaluate Proposals and award a contract without discussions with Respondents (except for necessary clarifications). Therefore, the Respondent’s Proposal should contain the Respondent’s best terms from a price and technical standpoint. CPS Energy reserves the right to conduct discussions if CPS Energy later determines them to be necessary.
d. CPS Energy will evaluate the Proposals to determine which, in CPS Energy’s sole judgment, represents the best value for the Services, Goods, and/or Software requested.
e. The award under this RFP does not in and of itself create a binding agreement between CPS Energy and the successful Respondent. An agreement including all terms, conditions, exhibits, and attachments must be executed by both CPS Energy and the successful Respondent in order to create a binding enforceable agreement between CPS Energy and the successful Respondent. No Respondent may rely upon the award of a contract as a promise by CPS Energy to enter an agreement, and no Respondent may rely upon any written or oral statement(s) or representation(s) as to the award of a contract or intention to enter an agreement made by any CPS Energy personnel. Subsequent to CPS Energy granting an award, it is contemplated that there may be a period of negotiations to finalize a contract between the parties.
f. CPS Energy reserves the right to make an award on any item for a quantity less than the quantity offered, at the unit cost or prices offered, unless the Respondent specifies otherwise in the Proposal.
4. Short List. If CPS Energy determines that the number of Proposals that would otherwise be in the competitive range exceeds the number at which an efficient competition can be conducted, CPS Energy may limit the number of Proposals in the competitive range to the greatest number that will permit an efficient competition among the most highly rated proposals.
5. Unbalanced Pricing. CPS Energy may determine that a Proposal is unacceptable if the prices proposed are materially unbalanced between line items or subline items. Unbalanced pricing exists when, despite an acceptable total evaluated price, the price of one or more line items is significantly overstated or understated as indicated by the application of cost or price analysis techniques. A Proposal may be rejected if CPS Energy determines that the lack of balance poses an unacceptable risk to CPS Energy.
6. Preservation of Contract Information. If this solicitation results in an award of a contract, the award and contract may be subject to Texas Government Code, Chapter 552, Subchapter J.
7. Board Approval. While preliminary selection, due diligence and even detailed negotiations and other processes could transpire to ensure critical progress is made, any action taken to award a contract by CPS Energy may be subject to approval by the CPS Energy Board of Trustees and may not be final until such approval process has been completed. No payment can be made for action taken or Services started prior to the execution of a contract by both parties.
With Free Trial, you can:
You will have a full access to bids, website, and receive daily bid report via email and web.
Due date/Time Location Bid Name Bid Number 8-14-2020 11:00 a.m. Procurement Div. 818
San Antonio Housing Authority
Bid Due: 8/14/2020
Due date/Time Location Bid Name Bid Number 8-12-2020 2:00 p.m. Procurement Div. 818
San Antonio Housing Authority
Bid Due: 8/12/2020
bid no bid description department date due buyer email L29576 Ground Maintenance and
City of Houston
Bid Due: 8/20/2020
Solicitation #: 2020-1136 Title: Security Guard Services for Parks Facilities (Re-Bid) Status: OPEN
City of El Paso
Bid Due: 8/12/2020