THE CITY OF MOORE
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL:
OLD TOWN DEPOT COFFEE & JUICE SHOP
Submissions Due: July 5, 2019
THE CITY OF MOORE
OLD TOWN DEPOT COFFEE & JUICE SHOP OPERATOR
The City of Moore is pleased to offer the opportunity for a qualified Coffee & Juice Shop
Operator to reside in a newly constructed replica train depot. The space for the Operator will
be a total of 630 sq. ft., including a 130 sq. ft. kitchen. The purpose of the Old Town Train
Depot is to bring a sense of community in to Old Town; to establish a sense of place and
gathering for all residents to enjoy. This opportunity is for a 3-year lease where the rent will be
approximately 10% below market rate: $550/month. The first lease will last from March 2, 2020
through February 28, 2023, with a possible 3-year extension if both parties agree.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT IS 4:00 PM July 5, 2019
The City of Moore purchased the property for Old Town Park approximately 5 years ago. The
development of Old Town Park was made possible by a dedicated sales tax approved by voters
in November 2016. Old Town Park will be approximately 2 acres in size.
The Park will be located in the historic Old Town District of Moore, Oklahoma by the Main
Street and Broadway intersection. Old Town Park will be a public park that will include a Train
depot. The Depot will house a coffee & juice shop with 130 sq. ft. of kitchen space, 500 sq. ft. of
seating space where art will be displayed, also an artist in residence space of approximately
240 Sq. Ft will be in another area of the depot. This location for the train depot lends itself to
anchoring a town square type area. The park will also include a small outdoor plaza, public art,
and a trail.
The City of Moore is pleased to offer an opportunity for a qualified coffee, juice, and food
related service operator to operate within the Depot. The proposing individual or company
shall demonstrate the ability to operate a coffee & juice shop type of business, clearly
articulate plans for the day-to-day operation and management, obtain and maintain
appropriate certifications and licenses, and adhere to local, state, and federal laws and
regulations. The selected operator shall demonstrate the ability to implement coffee, juice,
and related food service program that will meet the objectives of the City of Moore as well as
incorporate innovative ideas that are appropriate for the Depot`s space. This RFP seeks to
generate proposals to provide coffee, juice, and food related services for the Old Town Depot
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
The following schedule is proposed for this Project. Please note that the City reserves the right,
as deemed necessary, at their sole discretion to adjust this schedule and provide written notice
to the proposer.
Request for Proposal Announcement
May 15, 2019
Questions due, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
June 7, 2019
Answers to be posted Online
June 14, 2019
July 5, 2019
First Selection Committee meeting
July 15, 2019
July 22, 2019
Notification of Selection
July 26, 2019
City Council Approval
August 19, 2019
Old Town Depot Coffee & Juice Shop Opens
March of 2020
THE CITY OF MOORE WILL PROVIDE:
• Below market rate rent: $550/month
• 130 sq. ft. kitchen space, 500 sq. ft. seating area
• Tables, chairs, and outdoor seating/furniture
• Access to City of Moore City WIFI
• Background check and official badge for 5am-8pm access to the Depot
• Promotion through City video about the Coffee & Juice Shop
• Maintenance of outside grounds
• Trash Dumpster
• Utility Sink
• Optimize patron participation in the Depot by providing friendly service and quality
beverages at a reasonable price, thus resulting in the highest quality service while
enhancing possible revenues to the operator/vendor;
• Display awareness of the demographics and special needs of the patrons in providing
concession services; and
• Operate the coffee & juice shop by using best management practice for health,
cleanliness, maintenance, safety and sanitation.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The successful proposer will be required to pay a monthly rent, which will be approximately
10% below market rate: $550/month. The rental fee is due by the first day the following month.
THE OPERATOR WILL PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:
• All janitorial services to the entire coffee & juice shop or leased premises, to include, but
not be limited to, the cleaning of dishes, utensils, all other materials, floors, supplies,
trash removal, the handling of equipment used in connection with service of food, and
the routine cleaning of the premises, and encompassing the kitchen, floors, tables,
chairs and spills in the dining areas during shop operation hours.
• Provide and maintain all equipment needed to run the operation. Examples include:
Payment processing solution, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, etc.
• Responsible for conducting normal business hours from a minimum of 7am-4pm
Monday through Friday and 7am-4pm Saturday and Sunday. Hours of operation can be
negotiated and will be approved by the selection committee and City of Moore.
• Provide all required and associated shop and beverage service related clean up from
events in which they provide service.
• The Depot is a non-smoking facility, including exterior grounds. Smoking is not
permitted anywhere on the property. Alcohol is prohibited.
• All labor/staffing required for the operation of the shop.
• All operator/vendor staff serving The City of Moore are required to undergo a security
background check. The operator/vendor will submit a list of all personnel, as well as
copies of their background checks, and present it to The City of Moore for review.
Background checks are the sole responsibility of the operator/vendor. The City of
Moore reserves the right to have any employee of the operator/vendor removed from
The City of Moore premises permanently or temporarily for any or no reasonable cause.
• Propose a dress code for employees in business plan and implement in daily routine.