MARIN COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS
SAN RAFAEL, CALIFORNIA
NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
INVITING SEALED PROPOSALS
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that sealed Proposals will be received by the Board of
Supervisors, County of Marin, Administration Building, 3501 Civic Center Drive,
Room 329, San Rafael, California 94903, until August 29, 2019 at 1:30PM for: Civic
Center Hall of Justice Rooms 129-141 Public Defender, Project No. 18-0306, for which
a license “B” will be required.
Project Description: This project consists of tenant improvement work to
accommodate the Public Defender Department. The newly renovated space will serve
as staff offices and workstations and the new reception area. Scope includes but is not
limited to hazardous material abatement and demolition, new flooring, enhanced
security, construction of new interior walls, painting, electrical, data, as well as
A pre-bid conference will be held at August 1, 2019 at 2:00PM at the Marin County
Civic Center Hall of Justice Room 129. (Encouraged but not mandatory.)
2. The Engineer's estimated cost for the accomplishment of this work is not to exceed
3. The work shall be performed in accordance with official Drawings, Specifications and
other Contract Documents prepared in reference thereto which may be examined at the
Department of Public Works, 3501 Civic Center Dr., Room 304, Marin County Civic
Center Administration Building, San Rafael, California, and selected Bay Area builder’s
exchanges and trade publications.
4. Complimentary digital copies of the plans and specifications can be obtained by
emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Physical copies of the Project Drawings, Specifications
and other Bid Documents may be acquired by prospective bidders at The Marin County
Department of Public Works upon payment of $50 per set (cash, or check made payable to
the County of Marin) to cover the cost of printing and processing, which payment is NON-
REFUNDABLE, and the documents need not be returned. There will be a $30.00 service
fee for returned checks. Mailed requests should be addressed to the Marin County
Department of Public Works, County of Marin, Attention: Capital Projects Division, P.O.
Box 4186, Civic Center Branch, San Rafael, California 94913-4186.
5. For detailed information regarding the scope of the project, bidders may contact the Capital
Projects Division of the Marin County Department of Public Works; telephone number
6. A contractor or subcontractor shall not be qualified to bid on, be listed in a bid proposal,
subject to the requirements of Section 4104 of the Public Contract Code or engage in the
performance of any contract for public work, as defined in this chapter, unless currently
registered and qualified to perform public work pursuant to Section 1725.5 of the Labor
Code. It is not a violation of this section for an unregistered contractor to submit a bid
that is authorized by Section 7029.1 of the Business and Professions Code or by Section
10164 or 20103.5 of the Public Contract Code, provided the contractor is registered to
perform public work pursuant to Section 1725.5 of the Labor Code at the time the
contract is awarded. This project is subject to compliance monitoring by the Department
of Industrial Relations.
7. All bids must be submitted on the Proposal Form bound in the Project Manual, or a copy
thereof, and must be accompanied with a Proposal Guaranty of at least 10% of the
amount of the Base bid.
8. Sealed Proposals will be received until the time and in the place stated above, and shortly
thereafter will be publicly opened and read aloud in Room 404, Administration
Building, Marin County Civic Center.
9. The award of the Contract, if it be awarded, will be to the lowest responsible Bidder
whose Proposal complies with the prescribed requirements, and will be made within
thirty (30) calendar days after the bid opening. The Board of Supervisors reserves the
right to reject any or all bids and to waive any irregularity in any bid received.
10. Pursuant to Section 1773 of the Labor Code, the general prevailing wage rates for Marin
County where the work is to be done have been determined by the Director of the
California Department of Industrial Relations. These wages are set forth in the General
Prevailing Wage Rates for this project, available at the Department of Public Works, and
are also available at the State of California Division of Labor Statistics and research web
site at http://www.dir.ca.gov/DLSR/PWD/index.htm.
11. The County of Marin, and its Contractors and/or Subcontractors will not discriminate
against any individual based on race, color, religion, nationality, sex, age or disability.
Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
County of Marin