Added: Apr 06, 2017 8:51 am
SOURCES SOUGHT SYNOPSIS/REQUEST FOR INFORAMTION (RFI)
NATIONAL TECHNICAL INFORMATION SERVICE (NTIS)
CLOUD MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
1.1 The United States Department of Commerce, National Technical Information Service (NTIS) is seeking information on how an interested party will provide a Cloud Management System that has an enterprise-class, geographically diverse, Cloud Management Platform solution that offers essential cloud characteristics such as on-demand self-service, resource pooling, rapid elasticity, measured service, integrated Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) environment, together with associated services, for open data and development where NTIS developers and Partner Customers and Host customers will publish and host both datasets and data-driven applications and make them accessible to consumers in a cross-platform manner. The procurement will involve the operation and management of NTIS systems, upgrades and training program at NTIS located at 5301 Shawnee Rd Alexandria, VA 22312.
1.2 THIS IS A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) ONLY. This RFI is issued solely for information and planning purposes - it does not constitute an invitation for bid, request for quotation, request for proposal, or as an obligation on behalf of the Government or a promise to issue a solicitation in the future. This request for information does not commit the Government to contract for any support or service whatsoever. The NTIS is not at this time seeking proposals and will not accept unsolicited proposals. Respondees are advised that the U.S. Government will not pay for any information or administrative costs incurred in response to this RFI; all costs associated with responding to this RFI will be solely at the interested party's expense. Not responding to this RFI does not preclude participation in any future RFP, if any is issued. The information provided may be used by NTIS in developing its acquisition strategy and performance specifications. Interested parties are responsible for CLEARLY MARKING proprietary or competition sensitive information contained in their response. Please be advised that all submissions become Government property and will not be returned.
The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Code determined appropriate for this RFI is 518210, Data Processing, Hosting, and Related Services and the size standard is $32.5 Million.
A period of performance consisting of a one-year base period and four one-year option periods is anticipated. The period of performance is estimated to begin approximately December 18, 2017 through December 17, 2018 for the base year period.
The National Technical Information Service (NTIS) is a self-supporting federal agency of the U.S. Department of Commerce. NTIS' primary mission is to collect, organize, and disseminate scientific, technical, engineering, and business information generated by U.S. Government-sponsored research and development for private industry, Government, academia, and the general public. As part of their mission NTIS works with other Federal Client agencies to establish and maintain Information Technology programs and projects. In this role NTIS has developed an array of systems, skills, and facilities that help agencies communicate this information to their customers, employees, or constituencies.
The National Technical Information Service (NTIS) Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) operates and maintains a complex and fast paced Information Technology (IT) environment in a Government data center and a Disaster Recovery (DR) site in leased space within a commercial data center. OCIO requires the ability to rapidly respond to the dynamically changing IT requirements of its customers which include NTIS and Other Government Agencies (OGA).
NTIS has been providing Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions for OGA for several years in a Federal Compliant environment. The NTIS mission has been modified to emphasize data science and is moving forward with that new mission.
NTIS customer base consists of consumers (NTIS Point of Sale), hosting customer websites (Host Customers) and joint venture partners (Partner Customers) that host environments on behalf of NTIS.
NTIS currently has a mostly virtual environment utilizing VMWare ESX 6 hosts. These hosts are comprised of two fully populated HP7000 Blade Chassis with BL460C G9 blades, approximately 400 TeraBytes (TB) of Storage Area Network (SAN) storage, approximately the same amount of Network Attached Storage, 16 (Gigabit) Gb FiberChannel switches, and a 10 Gb ethernet backbone.
3.0 Capabilities Package:
Contractors will be expected to provide all material, services, and necessary personnel to implement the Cloud Management Platform.
The initial plan is to migrate the DR site for the NTIS internal business systems to a cloud environment. This will potentially be followed by other NTIS systems as well as some of its host customer systems and partner systems, as appropriate. In order to meet the growing needs of all its customers and efficiently and effectively utilize its IT resources (network infrastructure, servers), and in accordance with Office of Management and Budget (OMB) "Cloud First" policy memos, NTIS intends to utilize a The Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) Cloud Infrastructure and management environment.
The Primary goal is to have an enterprise-class, geographically diverse, Cloud Management Platform solution that offers essential cloud characteristics such as on-demand self-service, resource pooling, rapid elasticity, measured service, integrated Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) environment, together with associated services, for open data and development where NTIS developers and Partner Customers and Host customers will publish and host both datasets and data-driven applications and make them accessible to consumers in a cross-platform manner.
The contractor shall provide:
1. Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
2. Storage as a Service (STaaS)
3. Database as a Service (DBaaS)
4. Platform as a Service (PaaS)
5. Software as a Service (SaaS)
6. Virtual private cloud utilization
7. Audit trail transactions
8. Auto-Scaling (expand and condense resources)
9. Allow for real-time access to status, metadata and supporting artifacts
10. Integrate with remote scanning solutions
11. Billing on utilization per customer across a virtual cloud
12. High performance computing environment
13. Large Scale warehouse environment (NTIS has over 12 million products)
14. Easy monitoring and reporting
15. Scheduled uptime and scheduled maintenance windows and communication of this to the customer and relevant parties
16. Compliance with Federal Security Laws and regulations this includes protection of data
17. Disaster recovery
18. Cloud transition services
19. Training and Professional Staff
20. Center oversight and program management
This Cloud infrastructure will permit NTIS to self-provision resources. NTIS IT administrators will be able to monitor utilization, analyze trends, and effectively plan IT resource expansion. The Hybrid Cloud will also have the ability to connect NTIS's current data center to multiple NTIS-approved Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) including other government agencies and commercial entities such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), or other FEDRAMP Moderate security environments.
All contractors doing business with the Federal Government shall have an active registration in the System for Award Management website, SAM.gov. The website for registration is http://sam.gov.
ALL QUALIFIED SMALL BUSINESSES INCLUDING 8(A) FIRMS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PARTICIPATE.
4.0 Place of Performance
FedRAMP certified Moderate Security Data Center.
5.0 Instructions for Response
All interested parties are invited to submit in writing, a package entitled "Statement of Qualifications / Capabilities Statement (which must include the contractor's indication of their ability to fulfill requirements). The response must be specific to each of the capability requirements listed below. The submittals shall not exceed 25 pages, TOTAL, including the cover letter.
Format responses as follows:
? Page size shall be 8.5 x 11 inches; foldouts are permitted but will be assessed towards total page count.
? Pages shall be single-spaced. The font shall be Times New Roman and the font size shall be no less than twelve (12). Use at least one-inch margins on top, bottom and sides.
? Capabilities statements must precisely address the 18 technical capability areas identified below.
Capabilities Statement package must be transmitted under a cover letter and must cite the following information at a minimum:
1. Response to RFI: CLOUD MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
2. Company Name, Address, and Company Point of Contact
3. DUNS Number
4. Business Size Standard/Classification and socio-economic status, if applicable
5. NAICS code certifications.
Statement of Qualifications/Capabilities Requirements
1. Describe your virtualization infrastructure and certification.
2. Describe your platform's elasticity for condensing and expanding resources
3. Describe your real-time access to status, metadata and supporting artifacts
4. Describe your export capabilities for various data files.
5. Describe your high performance data retrieval capabilities, computing environments and large scale warehouse environments
6. What are remote scanning solutions
7. Describe your cloud compatibility with Canonical's Juju or equivalent? (https://jujucharms.com/ Jujucharms | Juju jujucharms.com Juju is an open source, application and service modelling tool from Ubuntu that helps you deploy, manage and scale your applications on any cloud.
8. Describe your transition services and data migration support. Identify all transition support you offer?
9. Describe user auditing capabilities for change management.
10. Describe your billing telemetry
11. For each service offering (e.g. specify Saas, PaaS, Iaas or hybrid models), provide an overview of Network Connectivity and Architecture including:
- Broadband width requirements for individual consumers
- If appropriate, based on configuration and/or usage differences, provide multiple profiles showing the configuration options matched to the bandwidth requirements.
- Private Network Connectivity options
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Any restrictions to replicate an environment to another provider
- Support for Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6)
- Any other relevant information
12. For each service offering (e.g., specify SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, or hybrid models), provide an overview on the applicable Service Level Agreements (SLAs), including the following:
- The method of calculating service availability metrics.
- The Terms of Service (ToS) related to each service offering.
- Definitions of areas of responsibilities for SLAs and ToS (customer, partner, provider, etc.).
- Scheduled uptime and scheduled maintenance windows, and details on how and when the maintenance is scheduled and communicated to the customer and all relevant parties.
- Description of the process for adding new services to the Cloud suite
- Service Support procedures
13. Describe how the Cloud solution complies with the required Federal Laws and Regulations including but may not be limited to: Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), Privacy Act, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standards.
14. Describe how the solution complies, or will comply, with the FedRAMP certification requirements.
15. Describe your data protection.
16. Describe your Disaster Recovery Services
17. For the envisioned NTIS cloud environment, describe the service/solution's ability to perform data extracts showing, for example, system configurations, roles, access rights, account management, etc., at the application and host levels. Describe how this obligation carries to third-party partners that provide supporting services and technologies to the Cloud solution.
18. Provide any topics or solutions your company would like to submit related to the subject of this RFI for NTIS consideration.
6.0 Submittal Information
Questions concerning this requirement must be received by 11:00 AM, EST, April 17, 2017; and must be received by electronic mail to the Contract Specialist, Cheryl Rice, email: email@example.com
The SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL MUST STATE: "Response to Sources Sought Notice, RFI: #9999 Cloud Management System. Verbal questions will NOT be accepted.
Questions will be answered by posting answers to FEDBIZOPPS Updates connected to NTIS RFI: CLOUD MANAGEMENT SYSTEM.
The closing date for receipt of responses to this RFI is May 15, 2017, 1:00 PM, EST; and must be received via electronic mail at the following e-mail address, PWeston@ntis.gov
Added: May 03, 2017 9:51 am
RFI #9999 - Cloud Management System posted April 6, 2017.
File attachment provides NTIS responses to RFI questions. The due date for receipt of technical capability statements is extended to May 17, 2017 at 1:00 pm, EST.
The United States Department of Commerce, National Technical Information Service (NTIS) is seeking information on how an interested will provide a Cloud Management System that has an enterprise-class, geographically diverse, Cloud Management Platform solution that offers essential cloud characteristics such as on-demand self-service, resource pooling, rapid elasticity, measured service, integrated Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) environment, together with associated services, for open data and development where NTIS developers and Partner Customers and Host customers will publish and host both datasets and data-driven applications and make them accessible to consumers in a cross-platform manner.
The procurement will involve the operation and management of NTIS systems, upgrades and training program at NTIS located at 5301 Shawnee Rd Alexandria, VA 22312.