|Agency:||TRANSPORTATION, DEPARTMENT OF|
|Type of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Nov 22, 2019|
|Due Date:||Dec 10, 2019|
|Bid Source:||Please Login to View Page|
|Contact information:||Please Login to View Page|
|Bid Documents:||Please Login to View Page|
CA FLAP INY CR2022(1) South Lake Road
South Lake Road, also designated as County Road 2022, is located in Inyo County, California, and provides access to South Lake, Inyo National Forest lands, several campgrounds, lodges, trailheads, picnic areas, and numerous privately-owned properties. The route begins at the junction with State Route 168, approximately 15 miles southwest of Bishop, and continues 6.9 miles to South Lake. The route is primarily on US Forest Service land (Inyo National Forest), and is maintained by Inyo County. The route is functionally classified as a rural major collector. Facilities along the route are associated with the use of adjacent lands, and the majority of traffic on South Lake Road is related to recreational use in the forest.
Scope of the Work
The existing South Lake Road is a two-lane paved roadway with varying widths and variable width unpaved shoulders, as well as multiple paved and unpaved pull-offs and intersecting roadways. Roadway shoulder widths are typically narrow or non-existent. The roadway surface is showing signs of deterioration including thermal and block cracking with some areas showing signs of fatigue cracking. The speed limit on the route is currently not posted, with the exception of two locations posted at 25 mph and 15 mph. The entire 6.9 miles is in steep mountainous terrain with narrow roadway bench widths along the majority of the route. There are numerous recreational facilities and parking areas adjacent to the roadway throughout the route. There is heavy pedestrian and bicycle use along portions of the route and the average daily traffic is approximately 800.
The proposed road improvements include pulverizing and paving, minor widening, grading, and drainage improvements to 6.9 miles of South Lake Road and adjacent campgrounds and parking facilities. Specific project elements, which would generally follow the existing roadway, include the following:
1) Segment 1: Rehabilitate and widen the first 2.1 miles from the intersection with State Route 168 to the Bishop Creek Lodge and Resort to accommodate a widened, shared-use shoulder. The proposed roadway section for this segment is 28 feet wide with 11-foot lanes and 3-foot shoulders. The existing paved width along this segment varies from 24-27 feet, with a wider bench width. Grading, including cuts and fills, will be required where the proposed section does not fit within the existing
roadway bench. Construction of left-turn lanes into the Four Jeffrey Campground is also included in Segment 1.
2) Segment 2: Rehabilitate the next 4.8 miles from the Bishop Creek Lodge and Resort to the end of the project at South Lake. The proposed paved roadway section for this segment is 22 feet with 10-foot lanes and 1-foot shoulders. The existing paved width along this segment varies from 21-26 feet. In general, the original paved roadway width will be maintained, with only minimal widening proposed to maintain a consistent paved width.
3) Drainage improvements in Segments 1 and 2, including the repair or replacement of 2 larger corrugated metal pipes with headwalls. Dewatering will be required at the 2 larger culverts.
4) Improvements to paved and unpaved pullouts maintained by the County.
5) Improvements to paved and unpaved pullouts maintained by the Forest Service, including:
• Grading, paving, signing, and striping a bike staging area at a current unpaved informal pullout;
• Pulverizing, paving, and striping the dump station at Four Jeffrey's Campground;
• Grading, paving, signing, and striping the Tyee Lakes Trailhead
• Pulverizing, paving, signing, and striping several existing paved parking areas; and
• Pulverizing and paving the boat ramp at the end of South Lake Road
6) Improvements to 4 Forest Service Campgrounds and the South Lake Trailhead parking area. Improvements include pulverizing, paving, striping, signing, roadbed reconditioning with new surface course aggregate, and minor drainage improvements.
7) Slope scaling of existing slopes with unstable rock.
8) Upgrading regulatory/warning signs and guardrails to meet MUTCD guidelines.
Principal Work Items
Approximate quantities for major work items:
• 15 acres of clearing and grubbing
• 8,100 cubic yards of roadway excavation
• 725 cubic yards of subexcavation
• 4,650 tons of roadway aggregate
• 7 miles of full depth reclamation
• 17,625 tons of asphalt concrete pavement (superpave)
• 2,000 linear feet of pipe culvert (including a 90-inch equivalent diameter arch)
• 4,000 linear feet of geocomposite underdrain system
• 13,000 linear feet of asphalt curb
• 40 hours of slope scaling
• 23,375 square yards of furnishing and placing topsoil
Advertise: October 2019
Award: December 2019
Construction: January 2020 - October 2020
This will be solicited as a full and open competition.
The estimated value is between $7,000,000 - $10,000,000.
|Sep 11, 2019||[Presolicitation] CA FLAP INY CR2022(1) South Lake Road|
|Nov 4, 2019||[Solicitation] CA FLAP INY CR2022(1) South Lake Road|
|Dec 3, 2019||[Solicitation (Updated)] CA FLAP INY CR2022(1) South Lake Road|
|Dec 5, 2019||[Solicitation (Updated)] CA FLAP INY CR2022(1) South Lake Road|
|Dec 11, 2019||[Solicitation (Updated)] CA FLAP INY CR2022(1) South Lake Road|
|Jan 8, 2020||[Solicitation (Updated)] CA FLAP INY CR2022(1) South Lake Road|
|Jan 11, 2020||[Award Notice (Original)] CA FLAP INY CR2022(1) South Lake Road|
With Free Trial, you can:
You will have a full access to bids, website, and receive daily bid report via email and web.
A&E - on-call Roadway Construction services Event ID: 07A4906 Format/Type: Sell Event /
State Government of California
Bid Due: 2/13/2020
Solicitation Details Number: LACDA20-009 Type: IFB - Invitation for Bids Solicitation Title: Carmelitos
Housing Authority of the County of Los Angeles
Bid Due: 2/13/2020
Project Summary Spec No: 7313 Project Name: Whittier Narrows Equestrian Center Renovation Project
Bid Due: 1/30/2020
P1999047 - Reroof Shop, Carport and Research Center Buildings Event ID: 0000014973 Format/Type:
State Government of California
Bid Due: 2/04/2020