SEALED BID - #18-90
Sealed bids will be received by the Office of the City Purchasing Manager for the City of Hutchinson prior
to 10:00 A.M., Monday, March 19, 2018. “Request for Formal Bid” form must be used to submit your
CITY OF HUTCHINSON
PAINTING PROJECT AT FIRE TRAINING CENTER 3201 EAST 4TH
AS PER SPECIFICATIONS
F.O.B. City of Hutchinson, Hutchinson, Kansas
Bids will be opened after 1:30 P.M., in Conference Room A – Hutchinson Public Works Facility, 1500
South Plum, Hutchinson, Kansas.
Specifications and Bid forms are on file in the office of the City Purchasing Agent, 1500 South Plum,
Hutchinson, Kansas and may be obtained at no charge either at the pre-bid conference; on line at
www.hutchgov.com or by notifying Central Purchasing at (620) 694-1973 following the pre-bid
A PRE-BID CONFERENCE will be held on Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 1:30 p.m. Please meet at the
Fire Training Center 3201 East 4th, Hutchinson, KS. The meeting is intended to review requirements and
allow vendors the opportunity to visit the site and ask questions concerning the job. This meeting is
recommended, but not mandatory.
Bids are to be made on the attached REQUEST FOR BID FORM, sealed in an envelope clearly marked
with the BID NUMBER stated at the upper right portion of this sheet (to avoid premature opening of the
Bid), and returned to the City Clerk, City of Hutchinson, 125 East Avenue B, P.O. Box 1567, Hutchinson,
Kansas, 67504-1567. Failure to mark your Bid may cause your Bid to not be considered during
official opening. The Request for Bids Form must be fully completed, including name, signature, title, and
telephone number. Bid not submitted pursuant to the conditions set out in this request may be
rejected. All Bids received after the stated opening date and time will be returned unopened to the
Dated at Hutchinson, Kansas this 7th day of March, 2018.
Carmel White, Purchasing Agent
City of Hutchinson
P.O. Box 1567
Hutchinson, KS 67504-1567
CITY OF HUTCHINSON
SEALED BID FORM
Please quote your delivered prices to the City of Hutchinson on items or services listed below. Consult attached
minimum and general specifications for requirements. This is not an order.
BID NO. 18-90
BID SUBMITTAL DEADLINE: 10:00 A.M.CST on March 19, 2018
PUBLIC BID OPENING TIME: 1:30 P.M. CST on March 19, 2018
THIS FORM MUST BE PROPERLY FILLED OUT AND RETURNED BY MAIL OR IN PERSON TO: The City of Hutchinson,
City Clerk’s Office in the Finance Department, 125 East Avenue B, P.O. Box 1567, Hutchinson, Kansas 67504-1567. RETURN
PRIOR TO 10:00 A.M. CST on March 19, 2018. Bids are to be made on this SEALED BID FORM, sealed in an envelope clearly
marked with the BID NUMBER stated at the upper left portion of this sheet (to avoid premature opening of the Bid), and returned to the City
Clerk’s Office (see above address). Failure to mark your Bid may cause your Bid to not be considered during official opening. Bids will
be publicly opened and read at the above stated time in the Public Works Conference Room, 1500 South Plum, Hutchinson, Kansas. Bid not
submitted pursuant to the conditions set out in this request may be rejected. All Bids received after the stated opening date and time
will be returned unopened to the vendor. Vendors wishing to remain on the vendor list should return this bid with a bid or a written
request to remain on the vendor list. Questions may be directed to: Carmel White, Purchasing Agent, City of Hutchinson (620)694-1973
The City of Hutchinson reserves the right to reject part or all of any bid and to waive formalities. All bids are subject to
Purchasing Policies set by the City Council of Hutchinson. The City of Hutchinson reserves the right to divide purchases among
venders to accomplish the best gross price and to make the final decision as to acceptability of quality and price.
DESCRIPTION – Painting at 3201 East 4th per specifications, PLEASE EXTENDED PRICE
CHECK DATE OF SERVICE
Furnish all labor, materials and equipment required to perform all work to
Complete complete the cleaning, prepping and repainting at 3201 East 4th.
Start Date #1 Immediately with completion date April 5th, 2018
Start Date #2 April 9th with completion date May 2nd, 2018
IN SUBMITTING THE ABOVE, THE VENDOR EXPRESSLY AGREES THAT UPON PROPER ACCEPTANCE BY THE CITY OF HUTCHINSON, A CONTRACT
SHALL THEREBY BE CREATED. THIS BID FORM MUST BE SIGNED! SIGNATURE ACKNOWLEDGES RECEIPT OF ADDENDUM #___.
REMITTANCE ADDRESS (IF DIFFERENT):
BIDDER COMPANY NAME
Pursuing Excellence in
CERTIFICATE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
The undersigned Contractor hereby agrees to observe all the provisions of Chapter 3 of the Code of the City of
Hutchinson, Kansas, 1988, and any subsequent amendments thereto and provisions of K.S.A. 44-1030 and 1031, as amended,
including subsection (a), paragraphs (1) through (5) inclusively of Section 1030, which reads as follows:
the Contractor shall observe the provisions of the Kansas Act Against Discrimination and shall not discriminate against any person in the
performance of work under the present Contract because of race, religion, color, sex, disability, national origin or ancestry;
in all solicitations or advertisements for employees, the Contractor shall include the phrase, "Equal Opportunity Employer," or a similar
phrase to be approved by the Commission;
if the Contractor fails to comply with the manner in which the Contractor reports to the Commission in accordance with the provisions of
K.S.A. 44-1031, and amendments thereto, the Contractor shall be deemed to have breached the present Contract and it may be canceled,
terminated or suspended, in whole or in part, by the contracting agency;
if the Contractor is found guilty of a violation of the Kansas Act Against Discrimination under a decision or order of the Commission which
has become final, the Contractor shall be deemed to have breached the present Contract and it may be canceled, terminated or suspended, in
whole or in part, by the contracting agency; and
the Contractor shall include the provisions of subsections (a) 1 through 4 in every subcontract or purchase order so that such provisions will
be binding upon such subcontractor or vendor.
Signing of this certificate acknowledges inclusion of the same in the base Contract before signing thereof and acceptance of the
terms of this certificate.
Name of Contractor
Name and Title
CERTIFICATION OF PAID PERSONAL AND REAL ESTATE TAXES
In compliance with City of Hutchinson purchasing policies, the following certification on property owned within Reno County must
be completed and returned with the quotations in accordance with the City's policy on delinquent property taxes.
A. _____ "The owner(s) or corporation hereby certifies that all personal and real estate taxes within Reno County are paid."
B. _____ "No property is owned by the owner(s) or corporation within Reno County."
COMPANY:________________________________ NAME OF SIGNEE:______________________________________
TELEPHONE NUMBER:______________________ TITLE OF SIGNEE:_____________________________________
PLEASE NOTE: This form is to be attached to the proposal when the quotation is submitted.
Pursuing Excellence in
HUTCHINSON FIRE DEPARTMENT
3201 East 4th Avenue
(620) 694-2880 Office
Hutchinson, KS 67501
Bidder to provide quote for cleaning, prepping and repainting building following the below specifications
to include the following: all material, labor, and clean up services. The address of the property is 3201
East 4th Avenue, Hutchinson Fire Department Command and Training Center. Pre-bid meeting will be
March 13th at 1 p.m. at the property.
General painting methods are required.
• All surfaces shall receive one coat of Primer of Sherwin Williams Bond-Plex Water based Acrylic
Coating or equivalent, then
• All surfaces shall receive one coat Paint of Sherwin Williams Sher-CRYL HPA High Performance
• Paint finish shall be Semi-Gloss
All areas are approximate. Bidders are responsible for exact footage to meet requirements.
Practice standard recommendations regarding preparation of surfaces to receive paint and application of
paint itself. Procedures shall include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
• Cleaning - Clean down and remove oil, grease and loose foreign matter, including, mold mildew,
dirt and corrosion products, in a manner which causes neither undue damage to the substrate nor
damage to, or contamination of, the surroundings or the paint system to be applied.
• All painted surfaces are to present a clean and even appearance with no evidence of poor
workmanship. Finished paint surfaces shall be free from sags, wrinkles, drips and other defects or
• Do not paint over dirt, dust, grease, moisture or conditions detrimental to the formation of a
durable and acceptable finish.
• Filling - Fill cracks and holes with fillers, sealers or grouting cements as appropriate for the
finishing system and substrate, and sand smooth, to ensure all coats finish smooth if needed.
• Drying - Unless otherwise specified, ensure that surfaces are cured before applying additional
coats of paint.
• Tape non-painted surfaces adjacent to areas of painting to ensure that no brush or roller marks
appear on doors, wood frames, or gym floor and skirting. Place painting canvas and tarps to
prevent drip marks or spills onto carpet or gym floors.
• Light sand away runs or rough surfaces noted between coats if needed
• Finish - Ensure each coat of paint is uniform in color, gloss, thickness and texture and free of runs.
Ceiling (Standard ceiling bright white- semi-gloss “Dryfall”)
• Paint all metal areas including basketball goal supports in gymnasium
• Basketball goal supports to be White matching color present on ceiling
o Backboards will be removed prior to painting by HFD personnel
• Care will be taken to paint around can lights, florescent light fixtures and all AV equipment
mounted to the ceiling.
Metal wall above cinder block (Pewter Cast – Sherwin Williams # SW-7673 – Semi Gloss)
• Paint all metal skin, recessed I-Beams, and return air vents the above listed color within the entire
area of the gymnasium.
• This paint will be applied from the top of the cinder block walls to the ceiling line within the
• Any existing exposed electrical conduit within this area can be painted to match
Cinder block wall area (Westchester Gray – Sherwin Williams # SW-2849 – Semi Gloss)
• Paint all cinder block walls, return air vents and basketball goal lowering winches the above listed
color within the gymnasium.
o Cinder block walls within the enclosed sheetrock offices within the gymnasium will not be
required to be painted. Also, the sheetrock on the exterior of the 2 enclosed office spaces
will not be required to be painted.
• All light switch covers, outlet covers, fire extinguisher cabinets, fire alarm equipment and radio
speaker equipment will be removed by HFD personnel prior to painting.
• Any existing exposed electrical conduit within this area can be painted to match
Overhead Door (Tricorn Black- Sherwin Williams # SW-6258 – Semi Gloss)
• Paint one 16x16 overhead door the above listed color. This includes all metal and trim around the
o Overhead door tension spring holders will not be painted the Tricorn Black color. Tension
spring holders will be painted to match the metal wall color (Pewter Cast)
Man Doors (Tricorn Black- Sherwin Williams # SW-6258 – Semi Gloss)
• Paint two double walk in doors including metal trim to match above listed color.
o One is located on the south wall (SE Corner, Exterior door)
o One is located on the east wall within the gym (double door entering the HVAC room,
towards the SE corner)
• Paint one wood entry door on east wall including metal trim the above listed color (entry door to
• Care will be taken to protect all door hardware or glass from any paint
• Folding accordion doors within the gymnasium area will not be painted including their wood trim.
Structural Beams (Tricorn Black- Sherwin Williams # SW-6258 – Semi Gloss)
• Paint three main structural beams the above listed color from ceiling to floor.
o 3 structural beams run north and south the full length of the gymnasium.
• Painting will include all the small sway arms that are attached to the structural beams up to the
Site Preparation and Clean Up
• All areas not being painted will be covered to avoid over spray.
• Business will still be operating, and arrangements need to be made to allow access as needed.
• The Contractor shall at all times keep the work area, including storage areas, free from
accumulations of waste materials. Before completing the work, the Contractor shall remove the
work and premises of any rubbish, tools, scaffolding, equipment, and materials that are not
property of the Hutchinson Fire Department.