Request for Proposal for
Holiday Lighting Installation and Removal
City of Covington
Nic Matthews, Downtown Coordinator
1143 Oak Street SE
Covington, GA 30014
Our goal is to create a festive atmosphere for the holiday season in
the Downtown District, Legion Field and the portion of the
Cricket Frog Trail connecting the two. The lighting display will be
completed and in working order a minimum of five days prior to
our Annual Holiday lighting on the Square which occurs the third
Thursday of November each year, as directed by the City of
Covington. Removal of all lighting shall begin no later than the
second full week in January. This is an optional three year
contract beginning with installation in November 2020 for
seasonal programs in 2020/2021, 2021/2022/ and 2022/2023.
Proposals must include and specify a bid for each of these years.
Please see the Scope of Services below.
Your firm is invited to submit a proposal to serve as the City of
Covington’s contractor for the above referenced project.
There will be a pre-bid meeting on July 29 at 9:30 a.m. at 1143
Oak St. SE, Covington, Ga. 30014. Following the pre-bid meeting,
interested companies should submit a proposal by 10:00am on
August 10, 2020. Proposals should include at a minimum, the
1. Bid quotation and all required attachments enclosed in a
sealed envelope and
a. Marked with a bid number and bid title
b. Marked with the name of the bidder
c. Marked with due date of the bid
2. Bid cover page with Bid File number
3. Statements of qualifications and relevant experience
4. Proposed scope of services and design
5. Project pricing with pricing breakdowns of areas denoted in
the Scope of work below
6. Proposed work schedule fee for services – must include fee
for each seasonal year
7. Any addenda issued to this bid
Please submit three (3) copies of the proposal. All proposals must
be received as a hard copy. The top 3 bidders will be selected on
August 11, 2020 and notified by 5PM. The top 3 bidders will
present to the City of Covington on August 13, 2020. The winning
bid will be selected no later than August 17, 2020 and notification
1. The City of Covington will not accept bids via fax or email.
2. Bidders are encouraged to submit written questions about
the bid. All questions from potential bidders will be
answered via email to ensure all potential respondents
receive the same information.
The selection and approval of the bidder is solely at the discretion
of the City of Covington. The City of Covington reserves the right
to consider all or parts of any proposal, and is under no obligation
to accept any or all proposals. The City of Covington reserves the
right to negotiate further with any bidders after the receipt of the
Upon award, the contractor must provide a $1,000,000 liability
insurance binder naming the City of Covington as additional
After agreement is made and installation is complete, if the
requirements stipulated in the contract are not met by the vendor,
the City of Covington reserves the right to terminate the contract.
Proposal Due August 10, 2020 – 10:00am
Scope of Service
All lighting shall be installed and in working order a minimum of
five days prior to our Annual Holiday Lighting on the Square
which occurs the third Thursday of November each year. Removal
of all lighting shall begin no later than the second full week in
January. Contractor is responsible for removal and storage of
materials. Bidder shall be responsible for replacement,
maintenance and upkeep of lighting display for the duration of
The selected contractor is responsible for the design, lease of
materials, labor to install the product, service of the product
throughout the holiday season, and takedown and removal of all
products. Calls for service during this time should be addressed
and corrected within 24 hours.
- Roof lighting using LED C9 lights (no less than 3,400 C9
- Street tree lighting using LED mini lights (no less than
55,000 Mini LED Lights)
- Two large magnolia’s C9 trunk and branch wrap of lower
limbs and install a movement effect in each tree – Provide
- Light displays spanning 2000 feet of the Cricket Frog Trail
from Elm Street to Legion Field.
- Light displays encompassing the walking track at Legion
- Holiday lighting of the Legion Field amphitheater, pavilion,
fair building, and two entrance archways on Mill Street.
- Lighting and garland on approximately 75 light posts lining
- All power requirements must be included in the bid
- Offer assistance and guidance to the City of Covington
Maintenance and Lighting crew in the assembly of a 28ft
- Electrical outlets for lights located in the trees will be
provided by the City of Covington located at the base of the
tree. Outlets will be controlled via a timer to be provided by
the selected vendor
- Timers will be located at the control box for each block
- Installation will be operational 5 days prior to the third
Thursday in November each year
- Insurance certificates will be provided prior to installation
- Lights to be turned off on the buildings by the 2nd weekend
in January each year
- Lights in trees will be installed last and need to be removed
first. Magnolia tree lights need to be removed by January 15.
The top 3 bidders will be selected on August 11, 2020 and notified
by 5PM. The top 3 bidders will present to the City of Covington on
August 13, 2020.
Firms interested in providing services must submit one original
and two (2) copies of their qualifications and proposal by
10:00am, August 10, 2020, to the City of Covington, Attn: Scott
Cromer, (Delivered in person, UPS or FedEx) to 2194 Emory St
NW, Covington, GA 30014 or by United States Postal Service at
(P.O. Box 1527 Covington, GA 30015).
The City of Covington is the point of contact before award of the
contract. Submitters are asked to refer all inquiries and questions
Nic Matthews, Downtown Coordinator
1143 Oak Street SE,
Covington, GA 30014.
Telephone: (678) 212-6457.