REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP) NO. 2019-107
CLOSING DATE AND TIME: AUGUST 29, 2019 - 2:00 P.M.
ANNUAL CONTRACT FOR AVIATION FUEL – MESQUITE METRO AIRPORT
PROPOSALS SHALL BE SUBMITTED ON THIS FORM
The City of Mesquite, Texas invites sealed proposals from all qualified vendors desiring to furnish the City with the aviation
fuel on annual basis, complying with the following specifications as listed herein.
A sealed copy of the bid proposal may be submitted by courier or hand delivered to Ryan Williams, Manager of Purchasing,
City of Mesquite, 1515 N. Galloway, Mesquite, Texas 75149. Proposals may also be mailed to Ryan Williams, Manager of
Purchasing, City of Mesquite, P.O. Box 850137, Mesquite, Texas 75185-0137. Mark envelope in lower left corner "RFP
No. 2019-107, Annual Contract for Aviation Fuel – Mesquite Metro Airport,” so that the proposals will not be opened
until the appointed hour. Proposals may also be submitted by courier, hand delivered in a sealed envelope or box to Ryan
Williams, Manager of Purchasing, City of Mesquite, 1515 N. Galloway Avenue, Mesquite, Texas 75149. Proposals
submitted must be received before proposal closing on Thursday, August 29, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. Faxed bid proposals will
not be accepted.
GENERAL CLAUSES AND CONDITIONS
1. If you have questions regarding the preparation of your proposal you may contact:
2. Vendors who do not respond to this particular proposal, but who want to remain on our mailing list for future
opportunities shall indicate “NO PROPOSAL” on the face of this page by putting the date and signed by the
authorized representative of your company and return this page to the Purchasing office. Your assistance in this
matter is greatly appreciated.
3. Protection of Resident Workers: The City of Mesquite actively supports the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA)
which includes provisions addressing employment eligibility, employment verification, and nondiscrimination.
Under the INA, employers may hire only persons who may legally work in the United States (i.e., citizens and
nationals of the U.S.) and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. The employer must verify the identity and
employment eligibility of anyone to be hired, which includes completing the Employment Eligibility Verification
Form (I-9). The Contractor shall establish appropriate procedures and controls so no services or products under
the Contract Documents will be performed or manufactured by any worker who is not legally eligible to perform
such services or employment.
4. Laws and Ordinances: The Contractor shall at all times observe and comply with all Federal, State and local laws,
ordinances and regulations which in any manner affect the Contract or the work, and shall indemnify and save
harmless the City against any claim arising from the violation of any such laws, ordinances and regulations whether
by the Contractor or his employees.
5. Proposals must be received in duplicate, prior to the closing date and time to be considered. Proposals must be
submitted in sufficient time to be received and time-stamped at the above location on or before the published
date and time shown on the RFP. The City of Mesquite will not be responsible for mail delivered from the post
office. Proposals received after the published time and date cannot be considered and will be returned unopened.
6. Proposals will be received and publicly acknowledged at the location, date and time stated above. Only the name
of the proposers responding to this request for proposal shall be released at the proposal opening. Other
information submitted by the proposer shall not be released by the City during the proposal evaluation process
or prior to contract award. At no time will confidential information, as noted by the proposer, be released.
7. Proposer shall attach official documentation from the State of Texas or other qualified certification agency of
M/WBE status of your company with bid/proposal. This data is for informational purposes only and will not affect
the bid proposal award.
8. A completed W-9 form will be required within five business days by the tentative awardee once notification has
9. In submitting an offer, respondent certifies that they have not participated in nor have they been party to any
collusion, price fixing or any other illegal or unethical agreements with any company, firm or person concerning
the pricing offered.
10. The attached Non-Exclusion Affidavit for General Contractors must be signed, notarized and submitted with bid
11. A representative of the proposing entity who is authorized to enter into contract on behalf of the proposing entity
must manually sign proposals in ink. The person signing the proposal must indicate his/her title along with
signature. Proposals received without proper signature will not be considered.
12. The prices quoted in this bid proposal shall be F.O.B. Mesquite, 1340 Airport Boulevard, Mesquite, Texas 75181
and cover costs for packaging and delivery.
13. Any ambiguity in the bid proposal as a result of omission, error, lack of clarity or non-compliance by the proposer
with specifications, instructions and all conditions shall be construed in favor of the City.
14. The City of Mesquite reserves the right to reject any and all proposals, waive formalities and to make award of bid
proposal as may be deemed to the best advantage of the City. No proposal may be withdrawn within forty-five
(45) days after date of opening.
15. This Contract may be terminated at any time with ninety (90) day’s written notice successful proposer or for cause
as more specifically provided in the Proposal Information section.
16. The City is not liable for any cost incurred by Proposers in replying to this RFP. This includes costs to determine
the nature of the proposal, submitting, negotiating, presentations or any other costs a vendor would incur in
responding to the RFP.
17. Proposers shall complete all information requested and blanks provided shall be filled in on the provided forms.
Failure to completely describe the merchandise being proposed may result in rejection of your bid proposal.
18. Successful Proposer shall be able to deliver items within two (2) days, upon receipt of order. If for some reason
the Proposer cannot fulfill its requirement, the City requests that the successful Proposer contact the Mesquite
Metro Airport at once.
19. The City is exempt from all sales and excise taxes.
20. The City of Mesquite reserves the right to evaluate variations from these specifications. If exceptions are made,
proposer shall state wherein the merchandise fails to meet these specifications. Failure to completely describe
the merchandise being proposed may result in rejection of your proposal.
21. It shall be understood all proposals, responses, inquiries or correspondence relating to or in reference to this RFP,
and all reports, charges and proposal or referencing information submitted in response to this RFP shall become
the property of the City, and will not be returned. All restrictions on the use of data contained within a proposal
and all confidential information must be clearly stated in the RFP. Proprietary information submitted in a
proposal, or in response to the RFP, will be handled in accordance with the Texas Open Records Law and other
applicable state statutes.
22. This is a requirement contract for fuel. Quantities are estimated and based on projected usage. It is specifically
understood and agreed that these quantities are approximate and any increased quantities will be paid at the
regular quoted price. The contractor shall not have any claim against the City of Mesquite for any quantities
ordered that are less than the estimated bid proposal amount.
23. Orders shall be placed on an “as-needed” basis at the discretion of the City of Mesquite. Proposers shall advise if
there is a minimum dollar amount per order.
24. It is the vendor’s responsibility to check for any addendums that might have been issued before the proposal
closing date and time.
25. Cooperative Purchasing: As permitted under the Texas Local Government Code, Chapter 791025, other
government entities may wish to also participate under the same terms and conditions contained in this contract
(piggyback). Each entity wishing to piggyback must have prior authorization from the City of Mesquite and vendor.
If such participation is authorized, all purchase orders will be issued directly from and shipped directly to the entity
requiring supplies/services. The City of Mesquite shall not be held responsible for any orders placed, deliveries
made or payment for supplies/services ordered by these entities. Each entity reserves the right to determine
their participation in this contract.
Successful proposer agrees to extend prices to all entities that have entered into or will enter into joint purchasing
interlocal cooperation agreements with the City of Mesquite _______Yes _______No.
26. The term of the contract is four (4) years starting after the proposal is awarded by City Council to the successful
Proposer. A renewal option is included as part of this proposal for an additional three (3) one-year periods,
renewable on anniversary of the original date, provided Proposer can maintain proposal prices and both parties
are in mutual agreement.
27. The proposal evaluation process will occur after the closing date. The City’s evaluation and clarification process
will commence. An evaluation team will review the proposals. Financial terms will not be the sole determining
factor in this award. Other criteria described in this RFP will be considered, as well as any other factors the
evaluation team determines may affect the suitability of the proposal for the City’s requirements. A Proposer’s
submission of a proposal constitutes their acceptance of the evaluation technique.
28. The insurance requirements are included in the proposal document. Proposers agree to provide and to maintain
the required types of insurance for the term of the contract. An original certificate of insurance will be required
within 10 business days by the apparent tentative awardee once notification has been received.
29. The Contract form is included for proposers’ information so that proposers may be familiar with their contents
and requirements. Proposer shall not fill in or execute these forms at time of proposal submittal. Upon award
of the proposal, the awarded vendor will be required to execute the contract.
1. The successful proposer’s rights and duties awarded by the contract may not be assigned to another without
written consent of the City signed by the City’s authorized agent. Such consent shall not relieve the assigned of
liability in the event of default by the assignee.
2. Any deviations from specifications and alternate proposals must be clearly shown with complete information
provided by the proposer. They may or may not be considered by the City.
3. No oral statement of any person shall modify or otherwise change, or affect the terms, conditions or specifications
stated in the resulting contract. All change orders to the contract will be made in writing and shall not be effective
unless signed by an authorized representative of the City.
4. The City shall have the right to modify this order subject to an adjustment in the price in accordance with the
applicable provisions of the purchase order, if any, or pursuant to mutual agreements. No agreement or
understanding to modify this order shall be binding on the City unless it is in writing and signed by an authorized
representative of the City.
5. The City reserves the right to require additional technical and pricing information and negotiate all elements which
comprise the Vendor’s proposal to ensure that the best possible consideration be afforded to all concerned. The
City reserves the right to accept all or part of any proposal, to reject any or all proposals and to re-solicit for
6. Proposers shall submit a minimum of four (4) references. References should include contact name and phone
number from business, city, or county airports where Proposers fuel is similar to those in this solicitation are being
7. Proposers shall fill out the following required documents, as noted in the bid proposal. If the following forms are not
included, the bid proposal may be considered non-responsive.
Conflict of Interest Questionnaire
Non-Exclusion Affidavit for General Contractors
Prohibition On Contracts With Companies Boycotting Israel - House Bill 89 Form
Special Conditions, Terms, Delivery, and Signature Page