RFP #20-4616 Advertising Agency Consulting Services
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) seeks an agency search consultant to assist in our
selection of a full-service advertising agency(ies) (Agency). This engagement will include assistance with
evaluation of the LVCVA’s client-agency need, identification of the viable population of agencies, development of
criteria for Agency selection, facilitation of Agency proposals and presentations, and assistance in selection,
contract negotiation, and Agency implementation. The selected consultant, in this effort, will assist the LVCVA in
laying the groundwork for a client-agency relationship that optimizes communication, process and performance.
The LVCVA’s 2020 fiscal year (July 1 – June 30) advertising budget is $101.5 million.
The LVCVA’s current agency-of-record relationship includes the following services for its global marketing efforts
for Las Vegas (domestic and international leisure and business) and four outlying cities within Southern Nevada.
• Account services – long-term and day-to-day account management functions include strategic
development and execution of consumer and trade marketing programs; project management and
coordination for various campaigns, marketing materials and assets; concept development and integrated
planning with all internal and external disciplines.
• Creative - concept development for all channels including social, broadcast, digital, website, radio, print,
outdoor, activations, and non-traditional marketing programs. Develop, produce and manage brand
identities for marketing programs. Services include copy writing, design, layout, logo development,
photography, video filming/editing and securing outside partners to produce content (i.e. production
companies, designers, photographers, etc.)
• Content creation – digital production (development and production of content for social media channels,
websites, digital programs, blog, etc.); broadcast/video production (writing, editing, directing, and
production of television, radio and video projects); print production (coordination and management of
film output, color processing and printing services in relation to all print advertising and production of
collateral materials). Secure outside partners as needed.
• Digital and social media – develop strategic plans for social media channels and recommend cutting edge
tools and applications for integrating into the way visitors consume content. Oversight of the execution,
performance analysis and optimizations of each social and digital channel including websites and email
programs via online and mobile devices.
• Event marketing and sponsorships – development of marketing partnerships and brand integration
opportunities. Negotiation and management of sponsorship deals inclusive of event advertising, media,
creative and public relations services; sponsorship packaging and solicitation; event conception and
development; event management and operations; broadcast rights negotiation and packaging; logo
development; merchandise development and procurement.
• Media planning and buying - strategic planning and buying capabilities for digital and traditional media
channels including development of media plans for general consumer, business, international and
extended destinations. Secure added-value and research opportunities through media buys. Maintenance
of relationships with key media partners and proactive engagement of new partners and opportunities.
Management of media contracts and measurement and reporting on all paid media programs.
• Project management and consultation - concept writing and development of annual integrated
marketing plans; strategic planning; consultation and development of presentations to various audiences
including government agencies, industry analysts, tourism executives and media. Conduct periodic
comprehensive brand planning for the various destinations.
• Public relations - media relations; message development; promotional partnership development;
community relations; written communications; crisis management and communications; issue
management; business-to-business communications; strategic planning; tracking and reporting on PR
• Research – management and execution of primary and secondary research; event research; analysis and
recommendations related to travel, tourism and gaming trends; research report development and
execution. Secure outside partners as needed.
• Website — design and development of website architectures, user interface designs and other digital
creative elements. Management of website hosts, technology and software providers related to websites.
The LVCVA intends to hire a consultant in December of 2019 with the intent of awarding an Agency agreement
effective July 1, 2020.
Proposals will not exceed 20 pages in length, and will include (evaluation scoring points shown in parenthesis):
• A firm resume (25 points);
• Key staff resumes (25 points);
• A detailed project plan, including timeline, for the engagement (30 points); and
• The proposed price of the engagement (20 points).