CHARLES J. VOLPE, JR
CITY OF DANBURY
155 DEER HILL AVENUE
DANBURY, CONNECTICUT 06810
(203) 797-4571 PHONE
(203) 796-1527 FAX
April 22, 2021
Bid #04-20-21-02 “Architectural and Related Services for Bridging Document Preparation for the
Danbury Career Academy”
This addendum shall be part of the Purchasing documents for the above captioned Bid. This addendum is to be
acknowledged by the bidder by signing as provided below and returning with the bidder’s proposal.
SEE ATTACHED: Addendum 1, questions / answers, 2-pages
Receipt of the addendum is hereby acknowledged.
Charles J. Volpe, Jr.
City of Danbury
Request for Qualifications and Proposals
Architectural and Related Services for Bridging Document Preparation
Danbury Career Academy
Bid No. 04-20-21-02
City Project No. 20-16
April 22, 2021
1. Q: Will the City require a current Boundary survey to Class A-2 Accuracy for regulatory
A: No. Regulatory approvals will be the responsibility of the Design-Builder.
2. Q: Will the City require current topographic survey within the entire property or just the limited
areas where actual changes to the surface conditions are being proposed?
A: Just the limited areas where actual changes to the surface conditions are being
3. Q: Will the City require the level of detail within the interior parking garage to include a
surveyed existing conditions showing both horizontal and vertical dimensions?
4. Q: Will the City inland wetlands commission require current delineation and location within the
A: No regulatory approvals are part of this scope.
5. RFQ Item 2.Civil Plans a. The civil is to “define and locate off site utility systems”
Q: Is “off-site” the area outside of the immediate area of activity, or off the property to the
private roadway (Woodland Road), or off the private roadway to the City Right of Way.
A: All activity within the 99.529 acre site. The civil is to be familiar with all easements and
utilities size verification/validation.
6. Q: Does “stand alone utilities” mean:
using existing services that currently service the property and establish independent connections
on site into a new mechanical room, or
from the private road (Woodland Road), or
full independent and new services for all of the utilities originating in the public right of way.
7. Can you please verify the selection process?
a. Q: Is there going to be a shortlist? If so, when will it be announced?
A: Yes, a shortlist will be announced when determined, possibly two weeks after
b. Q: Is there going to be an interview? If so, when?
A: Yes, schedule to be determined.
c. Q: When will final selection be made?
A: Anticipated by the end of May 2021.
d. Q: When will responses to questions be issued?
A: As soon as possible.
8. Q: Can you please verify the construction budget?
A: Approximately $63M.