CHARLES J. VOLPE, JR
CITY OF DANBURY
155 DEER HILL AVENUE
DANBURY, CONNECTICUT 06810
(203) 797-4571 PHONE
(203) 796-1527 FAX
April 22, 2021
Bid #02-20-21-05 “Ellsworth Avenue School Addition”
This addendum shall be part of the Purchasing documents for the above captioned Bid. This addendum is to be
acknowledged by the bidder by signing as provided below and returning with the bidder’s proposal.
Addendum #1, dated April 22, 2021, 1-page with referenced attachments
April 21, 2021 Mandatory Pre-Bid Meeting Sign-In Sheets, 8-pages
Receipt of the addendum is hereby acknowledged.
Charles J. Volpe, Jr.
City of Danbury
Ellsworth Avenue School
53 Ellsworth Avenue, Danbury, CT 06810
Friar Project #: 2020-050A
State Project #: 034-150EA & 034-151BE
April 22, 2021
1) Please advise where the bullet resistant transaction window is indicated on the plans.
a. Bullet resistant transaction window indicated in specification section 119000-2.2
shall be installed between Vestibule 105 and Security 106 in lieu of aluminum
window indicated as window type 4.
2) Please confirm that there is only 1 UST (underground storage tank) that needs to be
3) What budget number should be used to calculate the Bid Bond?
a. Bid bonds shall be in an amount not less than 5% of the base bid lump sum.
1) Hand Dryers – Request to substitute specified Dyson Airblade dB hand dryers with World
Dryer Vmax V2 hand dryers (see attached).
a. Response: Proposed substitution request is acceptable.
2) Toilet Partitions – Request to add Scranton Products Hiny Hiders to the approved list of
toilet partition manufacturers in spec section 102113.
a. Response: Proposed substitution request is rejected. Provide black core phenolic
toilet partitions as specified.
Substitution Request – Hand Dryers
Substitution Request – Toilet Partitions
Pre-bid walk through attendance list
END OF ADDENDUM #1
21 Talcott Notch Road, Farmington, CT 06032
High-Speed Vertical Hand Dryer
VMax® V2 is a ‘hands in’ vertical style high speed hand dryer powered
by a brushless DC motor and featuring a HEPA filter system, wider
hand drying cavity opening and antimicrobial technology. Dedicated
water collection reservoir eliminates water from collecting on the
floor and reducing maintenance. Quiet operation is ideal for sound
Product Features and Benefits
• 10 - 12 second dry time
• 25% wider hand drying cavity opening creates a comfortable user experience
without touching sides of hand dryer
• Combines HEPA filtration and antimicrobial technology to clean the air
and enhance dryer sanitation
• Collects residual water in a dedicated reservoir and prevents wet
• Intelligent LED display signals when filter should be changed or water
reservoir emptied through LED display
• Quiet operation ideal for sound sensitive areas
• Simple mounting bracket for easy installation
• Surface-mounted ADA compliant suitable for walkways and pathways
• Durable and vandal resistant
• IP33 ingress protection against water
• Brushless DC motor
Architecture & Engineering Specifications
VMax V2 hand dryer supplied by World Dryer Corporation shall have a
power consumption of 1000 watts powered by a thermally-protected
brushless DC motor. Hand dryer shall nominally deliver 70 CFM (119
m3/h) air flow at a velocity of 335 mph (539 km/h). Dryer shall be activated
by an automatic infrared sensor with a 20 second vandal shut-off. Dryer
exterior shall be constructed of high impact ABS polymer incorporating
antimicrobial technology to inhibit the growth of bacteria, mold and
fungus. Dryer will incorporate a drain inside the drying cavity with a water
collection tray, replaceable HEPA filter¹ and odor neutralizing tablet² and
LED display for identifying operation and servicing requirements.
* The water collection tray will fill with water with hand dryer
use. The LED Display will indicate when the water collection
tray is full and needs emptying. High washroom traffic may
require more frequent emptying of the water collection tray.
1,2 This hand dryer is equipped with a replaceable cartridge
containing a HEPA filter and an odor neutralizing tablet. The
LED display panel will indicate when the HEPA filter requires
replacement. High washroom traffic may require more
frequent replacement of the HEPA filter.
Cover Material Cover Finish/Kit 110-120 V
High Impact ABS
HEPA filter with odor
neutralizing tablet (1 pk)