TOWNSHIP OF LOWER MERION
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
Page 1 of 2
1. Sealed Proposals will be received by the Township of Lower Merion for the following:
ADA curb cuts project-2023 CDBG
Contract Number: 211-6005-0073-0045-23-22
2. Sealed proposals shall be submitted online via the PennBid Program (www.PennBid.net).
3. Proposals will be received until 11:00 A.M., prevailing time, Thursday, June 15, 2023 at
which time they will be publicly opened and read aloud.
4. Each Proposal shall be accompanied by a Bid Guaranty as specified in the Instruction to
Bidders section (Exhibit C) of the Bid Document.
5. A Performance Bond and Labor and Materials Bond in the amount of 100% is required.
Also, a Maintenance Bond in the amount of 25% is required.
6. Bidders may obtain electronic copies of drawings and specifications of this project, at no
cost, on the Pennbid website noted above.
7. Project scope of work includes demolition of existing curb ramps, saw cutting and
removal of pavement, installation of new concrete ADA curb ramps meeting PADOT
requirements, paint striping as needed, repaving sawcut areas and cleanup.
8. Detailed specifications were developed by Reuther + Bowen, PC, 326 Ward Street,
Dunmore, PA 18512. Questions regarding the project scope shall be submitted via the
“Questions” feature in PennBid. The last day for receipt of written questions is end of
business day, Wednesday, June 7, 2023.
9. The Township encourages WBE/MBE to apply to this proposal. Bidders must make a
best effort to hire minority and women business enterprises. Documentation of such
solicitations and/or commitments will be subject for review at the request of the
Township. For a list of MBE/WBE listings, please visit the following website:
(http://www.dgs.pa.gov). Successful bidder must obtain a Dun & Bradstreet Number
(DUNS) at email@example.com or 866-705-5711 and must also register in the
Central Contractor Registration (CCR) database at www.sam.gov (System for Award
TOWNSHIP OF LOWER MERION
Page 2 of 2
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS (cont.)
10. ATTENTION IS CALLED TO THE FACT THAT MATERIALS AND SERVICES
ARE FUNDED BY COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT FUNDS AND
THAT NOT LESS THAN THE MINIMUM SALARIES AND WAGES AS SET
FORTH IN THE CONTRACT DOCUMENT MUST BE PAID ON THOSE PROJECTS,
AND THAT CONTRACTOR MUST ENSURE THAT EMPLOYEES AND
APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT ARE NOT DISCRIMINATED AGAINST
BECAUSE OF THEIR RACE, COLOR, RELIGIOUS CREED, ANCESTRY, AGE,
SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY OR BECAUSE
OF A PERSON’S SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR GENDER
15. The Board of Commissioners reserves the right to reject any or all bids or parts thereof or
to waive any informality or irregularity as deemed to the best interest of the Township.
Jody L. Kelley