Competitive Proposal Request
CITY OF BATON ROUGE
PARISH OF EAST BATON ROUGE
BE RECEIVED BY:
12/13/18 11:00 AM CST
TITLE: A18-93856 AMBULANCE STRETCHER
MAINTENANCE & SERVICE PLAN
RETURN BID TO:
FILE NO: 18-00915
AD DATES: 11/19/18 & 11/26/18
PO Box 1471
Baton Rouge, LA 70821
222 St. Louis Street
8th Floor Room 826
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
SHIP TO ADDRESS:
Various Locations (See Attached)
Contact Regarding Inquiries:
Purchasing Analyst: Dexter Stewart
Telephone Number: 225-389-3259 x 323
REMIT TO ADDRESS
CITY, STATE, ZIP
FEDERAL TAX ID OR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER TITLE
QUESTIONS TO BE COMPLETED BY VENDOR:
1. _____ STATE DELIVERY DAYS MAXIMUM AFTER RECEIPT OF ORDER
2. ______ % discount for payment made within 30 d a ys . D i s c o u n t f o r p a ym e n t m a d e i n
l e s s t h a n 3 0 d a ys o r l e s s t h a n 1%, or applicable to an indefinite quantity contract
will be accepted but not an award consideration.
3. _____ STATE ENUMERATED ADDENA RECEIVED (IF ANY)
F.O.B.: DESTINATION - PAYMENT TERMS: NET 30
ALL BLANKS ON THIS PAGE SHOULD BE COMPLETED TO AVOID REJECTION OF BID
The signature on this document certifies that proposer has carefully examined the instructions to bidders, terms and
specifications applicable to, and made a part of this solicitation. By submission of this document, proposer further
certifies that the prices shown are in full compliance with the conditions, terms and specifications of this solicitation.
No alterations, changes or additions are allowed on this solicitation, and no additional information, clarifications or other
documents are to be included unless specifically required by the specification. Any errors in extensions of prices will be
resolved in favor of unit prices submitted.
If services are to be performed in East Baton Rouge City-Parish, evidence of a current occupational license and/or
permit issued by the City-Parish shall be supplied by the successful vendor, if applicable.
INSTRUCTIONS TO BIDDERS/TERMS & CONDITIONS
FOR ANNUAL CONTRACTS
Bidders are urged to promptly review the requirements of these specification, terms and conditions and
submit questions for resolution as early as possible during the bid period. Questions or concerns must
be submitted in writing to the purchasing division during the bid period. Otherwise, this will be construed
as acceptance by the bidders that the intent of the specifications, terms and conditions are clear and that
competitive bids may be obtained as specified herein. Protests with regard to the specification, terms
and conditions documents will not be considered after bids are opened.
1. Read the entire bid, including all terms and conditions and specifications.
2. This proposal is to establish firm prices for materials supplies and services for the contract period
shown. Delivery shall be made or services provided as needed throughout the contract period, or as
required by the specification.
Quantities, if shown, are estimated only. Smaller or larger quantities may be purchased based upon
the needs of
the City-Parish. There is no guaranteed minimum quantity.
3. The contract shall be firm through the period indicated on the cover sheet. Upon agreement of both
the contractor and the City - Parish, the contract may be extended a second or a third year or other
shortened specified time periods. Extension of the contract into the second or third time periods
shall be made by letter on or before the expiration of the contract. Extension is only possible if all
prices and conditions remain the same.
4. Proposals are mailed only as a courtesy. The City - Parish does not assume responsibility for failure
of bidders to receive proposals. Bidders should rely only on advertisements in the local newspaper,
and should personally pick up proposals and specifications. Full information may be obtained, or any
questions answered, by contacting the Purchasing Division, 222 Saint Louis Street, 8th Floor, Room
826, Baton Rouge, LA 70802 or by calling (225) 389-3259.
5. The contract title, bidder's name, address and bid opening date should be clearly printed or typed on
the outside of the bid envelope. Only one bid will be accepted from each bidder for the same job.
Alternates will not be accepted unless specifically requested in the proposal. Submission of more
than one bid or alternates not requested may be grounds for rejection of all bids by the bidder.
6. The method of delivery of bids is the responsibility of the bidder. All bids must be received by the
Purchasing Division, 222 Saint Louis Street, 8th Floor, Room 826, Baton Rouge, LA 70802 on or
before the specified bid opening date and time. Late bids will not be considered under any
7. After opening, bids may not be withdrawn for a period of sixty (60) days.
8. Except for bids submitted through the www.bidexpress.com on-line bidding site, bids shall be
accepted only on proposal forms furnished by the City of Baton Rouge and Parish of East Baton
Rouge Purchasing Division. The City - Parish will only accept bids from those bidders in whose
names the proposal forms and/or specifications were issued. Altered or incomplete proposals, or
the use of substitute forms or documents, shall render the bid non-responsive and subject to
rejection. The entire proposal package, including the specifications and copies of any addenda
issued shall be submitted to the Purchasing Division as the bid.
9. All bids must be typed or written in ink. Any erasures, strikeover and/or changes to prices should be
initialed by the bidder. Failure to initial may be cause for rejection of the bid as non-responsive.
10. All proposals must be signed. Failure to do so shall cause the bid to be rejected as non-responsive.
11. Where one or more vendor's exact products or typical workmanship is designated as the level of
quality desired or equivalent, the Purchasing Division reserves the right to determine the
acceptability of any equivalent offered.
12. If bidding other than specified, sufficient information should be enclosed with the bid in order to
determine quality, suitability, and compliance with the specifications. Failure to comply with this
request may eliminate your bid from consideration. If requested, literature and/or specifications must
be submitted within seven (7) days.
13. Written addenda issued prior to bid opening which modifies the proposal shall become a part of the
proposal for bid, and shall be incorporated within the purchase order and/or contract. Only a written
interpretation or correction by Addendum shall be binding. Bidders shall not rely upon any
interpretation or correction given by any other method.
14. For Printing solicitations, artwork, dies and/or molds shall become the property of the City - Parish
Government and must be returned to the Purchasing Division, 222 Saint Louis Street, 8th Floor,
Room 826, Baton Rouge, LA 70802, upon completion of the order.
15. All applicable chemicals, herbicides, pesticides and hazardous materials must be registered for sale
in Louisiana by the Department of Agriculture, State of Louisiana, registered with the EPA and must
meet all requirements of Louisiana State Laws. Bidders must submit product label, material safety
data sheet and EPA registry number with bid. This information will be required on any subsequent
deliveries if there is a change in chemical content or a different product is being supplied. Failure to
submit this data may be cause for the bid to be rejected or the contract canceled.
16. Delivery of items must be made on time to City - Parish final destinations within East Baton Rouge
Parish. All freight charges shall be prepaid by vendor.
17. The City - Parish reserves the right to award items separately, grouped or on an all-or-none basis
and to reject any or all bids and waive any informalities.
18. All bidders should submit with their bid, or have on file with the Purchasing Division, a City - Parish
Business Profile Data Form. The Business Profile Data Form is available at the Purchasing
Department section of the City of Baton Rouge website, www.brgov.com, or by calling the
Purchasing Department at 225-389-3259.
19. The State of Louisiana Code of Governmental Ethics places restrictions on awarding contracts or
purchase orders to persons who are employed by any agency of the City - Parish Government, or
any business of which he or his spouse has more than a twenty-five percent (25%) interest. The
Code also prescribes other restrictions against conflict of interest and establishes guidelines to
assure that appropriate ethical standards are followed. If any question exists regarding potential
violation of the Code of Ethics, bidders should contact the Purchasing Division prior to submission of
the bid. Any violation of the Code of Ethics shall be grounds for disqualification of bid or cancellation
20. City - Parish purchases are exempt from state and local taxes.
21. The City - Parish reserves the right to terminate this contract prior to the end of the contract period
on twenty-four (24) hours written notice for unsatisfactory performance. Termination under this
paragraph shall not relieve either party of any obligation or liability that may have occurred prior to
the effective date of termination.
22. The City - Parish is an equal opportunity employer.
23. In accordance with Louisiana Revised Statutes, a preference may be allowed for equivalent products
produced, manufactured or grown in Louisiana and/or firms doing business in the State of Louisiana.
Do you claim this preference if allowed?
YES NO . If this preference is claimed, attach substantiating information to the proposal to
show the basis for the claim.
24. Right To Audit Clause: The Contractor shall permit the authorized representative of the City-Parish
to periodically inspect and audit all data and records of the Contractor relating to his performance
under this contract.
25. In accordance with the provisions of LA. R.S. 38:2212.9, in awarding contracts after August 15, 2010,
any public entity is authorized to reject the lowest bid from, or not award the contract to, a business in
which any individual with an ownership interest of five percent or more has been convicted of, or has
entered a plea of guilty or Nolo Contendere to any state felony crime or equivalent federal felony
crime committed in the solicitation or execution of a contract or bid awarded under the laws
governing public contracts under the provisions of Chapter 10 of this Title, professional, personal,
consulting, and social services procurement under the provisions of Chapter 16 of Title 39 of the
Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950, or the Louisiana Procurement Code under the provisions of
Chapter 17 of Title 39 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950.
26. Terms and Conditions: This solicitation contains all terms and conditions with respect to the
purchase of the goods and/or services specified herein. Submittal of any contrary terms and
conditions may cause your bid to be rejected. By signing and submitting a bid, vendor agrees that
contrary terms and conditions which may be included in their bid are nullified; and agrees that this
contract shall be construed in accordance with this solicitation and governed by the laws of the State
of Louisiana as required by Louisiana Law.
27. Certification of no suspension or debarment. By signing and submitting any bid for $25,000 or more,
the bidder certifies that their company, any subcontractors, or principals are not suspended or
debarred by the general services administration (GSA) in accordance with the requirements in OMB
A list of parties who have been suspended or debarred can be viewed via the internet at
28. Bid prices shall included delivery of all items F.O.B. destination or as otherwise provided. Bids
containing “Payment in Advance” or “C.O.D. requirements may be rejected. Payment is to be made
within 30 days after receipt of properly executed invoice or delivery, whichever is later.
29. Bidders may attend the bid opening, but no information or opinions concerning the ultimate contract
award will be given at the bid opening or during the evaluation process. Bids may be examined
within 72 hours after bid opening. Information pertaining to completed files may be secured by
visiting the Purchasing Division during normal working hours. Written bid tabulations may be
accessed at: http://brgov.com/dept/purchase/bidresults.asp.
30. Contractor agrees, upon receipt of written notice of a claim of a claim or action, to defend the claim or
action, or take other appropriate measure, to indemnify, and hold harmless, the city, its agents and
employees from and against all claims and actions for bodily injury, death or property damages
caused by fault of the contractor, its officers, its agents, or its employees. Contractor is obligated to
indemnify only to the extent of the fault of the contractor, its officers, its agents, or its employees,
however the contractor shall have no obligation as set forth with respect to any claim or action from
bodily injury, death or property damages arising out of the fault of the City, its officers, its agents, or
31. Vendors submitting signed bids agree to EEOC compliance and certify that they agree to adhere to
the mandates dictated by Title VI and VII of the Civil Right Act of 1964, as amended by the Equal
Opportunity Act of 1972, Federal Executive Order 11246, the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as
amended, the Vietnam Era Veteran’s Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, Title IX of the Education
Amendments of 1972, the Age Act of 1975, and agrees to abide by the requirements of the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Bidders must agree to keep informed of and comply with all federal, state and local laws, ordinances
and regulations which affect their employees or prospective employees.
32. The City of Baton Rouge, Parish of East Baton Rouge launched a new Enterprise Resource
Planning (ERP) system, Vendor Self Service (VSS) via Munis. VSS replaced the legacy vendor
database and will be used by all departments and agencies citywide.
Vendor Self-Service (VSS) enables vendors to register and maintain information about their
organization for the purpose of doing business with City-Parish and receive notifications of business
opportunities. The City-Parish procurement activities are subject to the State of Louisiana Public Bid
Law, local city-parish ordinances as well as applicable federal statutes as directed by grant providers.
Vendors must be registered to receive bid notifications.
New vendors or existing vendors who need to create a VSS account can do so clicking the
Registration link at http://brla.gov/vss. Vendors are encouraged to review the step by step
before beginning the registration process which may be assessed at
Additional information regarding how to do business with EBR City-Parish is available at:
We also post our scheduled bid openings, as well as unofficial bid tabulations after the bids have
opened at http://city.brla.gov/dept/purchase/bids.asp.